• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon (UK?) Top Ten most pre-ordered (just announced) games from this years E3

The jump for Forza 6 makes me think this is only Amazon UK, what I did find interesting is that there was no big jump for COD. These % jumps in particular mean to little though, it's all about perspective and the same for the newly announced games, simply because all those newly announced games outside the remasters are 2016+ releases.

Servbot24

Banned
The jump for Forza 6 makes me think this is only Amazon UK, what I did find interesting is that there was no big jump for COD. These % jumps in particular mean to little though, it's all about perspective and the same for the newly announced games, simply because all those newly announced games outside the remasters are 2016+ releases.

I'm guessing people who preorder CoD just do it more or less on an automatic basis. E3 trailers aren't necessarily needed to convince people to buy it.

Synth

Imagine if the mcc collection was just the original games using BC to run no upgrades in anyway, people would be moaning there not true x1 games..

If MCC collection released at $30, I can't imagine there being many complaints. Hell, if they were straight 360 ports, then it wouldn't have suffered from all the issue it did, and everyone would probably be happier about it overall.

Camjo-Z

Yeah it's great kameo and vivas are worth it alone, but my argument is the main ones are no different to the 360 games we already played, viva pinata needs better frame rate :( perfect dark zero needed... finishing.

The price of the total package just screams "0 work done"

Aside from the fact that the behind-the-scenes bonus features already show work was put in, I'd argue Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps are the real stars of the show considering they've never had a rerelease before.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how many preordered both Gears and Rare Replay? It'd be roughly $70 for the two. Not a bad deal.

Gears is £45 ($70) on Amazon UK for some reason so not sure why anyone is pre-ordering that. It's suppose to be cheaper ($40 in the US)

Rare Replay is £20 which seems okay.

Kinsella

Banned
Re-releases and remasters ruling the roost I see.

Wow... the pricing of that thing really is nothing less than obscene.

Or as those of us living in the real world would say, it's priced appropriately. The target market for these things are people that currently buy Scuf controllers. And by all impressions from people at E3, this is a better and cheaper controller than the Scuf.

The thirst for Gears of War is real. UE (for a remaster) and Gears 4 are going to do very well.

Happy Rare Replay is at the top, mega hyped for that

I'm guessing people who preorder CoD just do it more or less on an automatic basis. E3 trailers aren't necessarily needed to convince people to buy it.

COD has also had big year over year declines in the UK the past 3-4 years.

The price of the total package just screams "0 work done"

They've ported 21 games to Xbox One, added a ton of commentary and other stuff about the history of Rare and their games and hinted at (basic) technical improvements for those games where necessary.

Nothing about it "no work done" unless you've literally not read a thing about it

Chris1

Glad Rare Replay seems to be selling well, hopefully Replay & Sea of Thieves will sell in good numbers so that Rare don't go back to making kinect or hololens games.

Or as those of us living in the real world would say, it's priced appropriately. The target market for these things are people that currently buy Scuf controllers. And by all impressions from people at E3, this is a better and cheaper controller than the Scuf.

Yea the controller is priced fairly compared to it's competition and what you're getting. I mean, at $150 I'll never buy it but that just means the controller isn't for me, which it isn't as I've never been interested in a scuf either due to it's price.

RoKKeR

gears putting work in, pretty impressive. I'm on the fence about UE but at $40 it's hard to pass up.

Also the Elite controller seems to be doing very well, in spite of it's high price. Guess it's not so unreasonable after all.

EGM1966

People are far more likely to support remasters/known properties than new IP, that combined with XB1 titles arriving earlier makes this list anything but a surprise.

Nice to see Dishonoured up there though - that's great to see among the usual love for proven franchises and mad hype for FF.

duke_preorder_inline_1306873027.jpg

I'm still waiting on this order I made from Amazon in October 2009
zLHccFn.jpg

Aeqvitas

Really impressed by MS's showing in these lists.

Hopefully Rare Replay doing well will encourage Rare to start leveraging a lot of those IPs with new products in the future. It is a fantastic deal and is great for the many people who don't have all 5 different consoles in working order that the games span.

Note this information tells us less than you might think. For example, we have no idea what pre-orders these games had before the LA show. Forza 6 might have only have one pre-order, with a further 1,005 people pre-ordering following E3. Without knowing the actual change in unit sales, this information does not tell us much.

Go back to school, MCV. Tut tut.

SykoTech

I only preordered Ratchet & Clank, and that's for the Bouncer bonus.

Don't see any reason to preorder any other games I'm interested so far in advance without any incentives. I mean, I do have KHIII preordered as well, but that's only because Amazon had an insane deal (error?) on it before.

drotahorror

So a collection of decade to 3 decade old games on a console that's not doing too great in the EU is the hottest new game announced at E3?

wtf

Really? It's pretty much the only entry on the list that's a rather unknown quantity. Everything else the buyer can be pretty confident that they know exactly what they'll be getting.
It was one of the biggest eye-catchers of the whole show, at least from a large amount of the media, social sphere talk, GAF, etc. It had a super strong reveal, I was definitely expecting it to be much higher on the list personally.

It's a game with a release date of "maybe 2016". I'm not surprised people aren't pre-ordering it yet.
The release date is 2016 just like Doom, Dishonored, Gears of War 4, South Park, etc. I just didn't expect to see those higher.

Portugeezer

I am not surprised people pre-order, especially on Amazon when you can cancel any time (e.g. I will pre-order COD close to the Beta release, then can cancel).

Meaningless list however.

Synth

It was one of the biggest eye-catchers of the whole show, at least from a large amount of the media, social sphere talk, GAF, etc. It had a super strong reveal, I was definitely expecting it to be much higher on the list personally.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of these pre-orders came from people that didn't even watch much of what was shown at E3.

Jim: "Hey Bob, did you hear about there being a new Gears of War?"
Bob "Really? Preordered!"

vs

Jim: "Hey Bob, did you see Horizon at E3?"
Bob: "Sorry what? Like... Forza Horizon?"

I wouldn't be surprised if many of these pre-orders came from people that didn't even watch much of what was shown at E3.

Jim: "Hey Bob, did you hear about there being a new Gears of War?"
Bob "Really? Preordered!"

vs

Bob: "Sorry what? Like... Forza Horizon?"

Bob: "What's an E3?"

thenameDS

Surprised by Rare Replay. I mostly pre order all my stuff on Amazon not being charged until it's shipped gives me the chance to cancel anytime. Also getting games on release day to my doorstep without having to get ripped off by GAME on the high street (£55).

I would definitely advise people to pre order the Elite controller if they really want it, that's the only thing i can see being sold out.

UK: I mean, what if you were to give this game say...
twenty intelligent people, honestly, what would that do?
You see, what would that do?

thus no.1

ZhugeEX

Banned
This thread is a mess.

Why are people not actually reading the title and thread and realizing that the top 10 list only accounts for games first announced at E3 2015.

The reason Fallout 4, Call of Duty, Uncharted and others are not on that list is because they were all available for pre order before E3.

A brilliant bargain for what is included, especially if you want Conker without forking out for a cart.

Also

Rare Replay OT: The Best stories are never forgotten

Top Bottom