• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Best Video Games of 2013 List (Top 10 list)

I have no idea how Ni No Kuni is getting so much representation in GOTY awards.

It's like everyone didn't play any RPGs, looked at Ni No Kuni and said "Wow that looks really pretty, that's the best one!"

Despera

Banned
I have no idea how Ni No Kuni is getting so much representation in GOTY awards.

It's like everyone didn't play any RPGs, looked at Ni No Kuni and said "Wow that looks really pretty, that's the best one!"
I played, and still play, a lot of RPGs, and consider Ni No Kuni one of the best games of the year.

Problem?

Shinta

Banned
8) Divekick

original.gif

AAlias

Neo Member
Divekick and Ni No Kuni? God no

The rest of the list is pretty solid though, definitely agree with TLoU at #1

sense

Agree with everything except dive kick. Still need to play ninokuni but don't have a ton of time to devote to it. TLOU deserves every award it gets except most disappointing :)

Hexa

While I don't agree on the order for everything, I think this is my favorite list so far. NICE! :D

DiveKick??? I haven't played it yet, but was that game actually good? I mean it placing in the list over something like Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate, WWE2K14 or Injustice?

Espada

Pretty good list outside of Dive Kick and Bioshock: Infinite. What a strange choice, same goes for Rogue Legacy being so high up there. I really like the variety on display here.

viveks86

I wonder how they compiled this list. Is it based on customer ratings or just some guy at Amazon making his top 10 list?

Also, TLOU won! Yay!

EDIT: Never mind.

We quickly narrowed it down to around 40 games. Then we discussed the merits of including DLC, Episodic games, and re-released titles and decided to choose from new complete games. Once these guidelines were set, we debated over our finalist and narrowed it down to the 10 titles we most appreciated. After we had this list, each gamer ranked the titles. We tallied up the votes and the Amazon.com Best of 2013 list was born as well as the 2013 Game of the Year, The Last of Us.

Top Bottom