• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Financial Day 2020 [OT] PS. 5 Goddamn Hours Long

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Except it is not our data lol
It is AMD data.

I'm not sure how are you trying to defense him lol
AMD didn't say 150, they said +150. Like I said before, we don't know if they would put 160 or 155 on there if they wanted to. So let's not pretend that we now know for sure Xbox is only at 44, because we don't. What we do know is Xbox One sold +44mil.

Ouch for Xbox; that's actually close to 3:1 for PS4. Thought Xbox was at least nearer 50 million this gen. Put it another way, that's close to the ratio the PS1 had over the N64! MS would be wise not to let that happen this upcoming gen, even if console sales aren't the end-all be-all.

Appreciate the thread; nice background podcast while doing other things.

AMD didn't say 150, they said +150. Like I said before, we don't know if they would put 160 or 155 on there if they wanted to. So let's not pretend that we now know for sure Xbox is only at 44, because we don't. What we do know is Xbox One sold +44mil.

Well, that'd look a bit better for Xbox if that's the case. Not by very much, but every little bit helps. But ratio-wise it's still closer to 3:1 than 2:1 so I'd say sometime in 2018 PS4 definitely pulled ahead in month-to-month sales.

If MS can close that ratio to even 1.5:1 near Sony next gen that will be a massive improvement. Unless Sony massively screws up though I don't see a near 1:1 split like 7th gen was tho. That said, system sales aren't the only measuring factor for a healthy ecosystem.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
How 150m+ is 160m... c'mon.

PS4 alone is near 110m.

If the number were close to 160m AMD should use 160m instead 150m.

Last edited:

chilichote

Somehow I don’t think we’ll see anything from Microsoft or Sony. It's about finance and the future direction of AMD. At best, we get forecasts of how many chips Sony and MS will buy. But who knows.

Panaphonics

Banned
Somehow I don’t think we’ll see anything from Microsoft or Sony. It's about finance and the future direction of AMD. At best, we get forecasts of how many chips Sony and MS will buy. But who knows.

xbox was in the Intro and they also said they worked together with Microsoft.
But correct, no mention of Sony. We will see stuff from Xbox for sure.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

PS4 alone is near 110m.

Because they might think +150 is cooler on a slide than 150. Who knows... I'm not trying to get into the mind of an AMD slide deck creator.

chilichote

xbox was in the Intro and they also said they worked together with Microsoft.
But correct, no mention of Sony. We will see stuff from Xbox for sure.

Mentions? Yes! But Demos of raytracing, games and Phil Spencer? I don't believe that.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Yea and what we thought rdna 2 would be (7nm+ ) is rdna 3.

Well that was a deduction based on what I was told, so mostly my own thinking as I never got a totally direct answer. So that’s good to know.

Now come on everything else, there has to be SOMETHING else to redeem my March 5th insider info cred. There’s no way he just meant that.

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned

PS4 alone is near 110m.

You don't think AMD might be intentionally vague about numbers as not to reveal the specific number for their clients? So the number may not be too close for this specific purpose.

Last edited:

TBiddy

You think AMD would write 160 million sold if they sold less than that? In a presentation minded towards investors?

Stop.

Panaphonics

Banned
Yes, that is how it works.

150M means the range is between 146M and 154M.

nah.+150M is anything above 150. could be 999.
Also don’t know what this has to do with the topic? Why do people get such a hard on when they hear about sales?
Why don’t we get back to topic and discuss RDNA 2.0, RT etc?

ethomaz

Banned
Or or or they had hold numbers from Sony. When they had less than 100M. Who knows?! They didn’t break it down. Could be anything really.
Yeap they hold the Sony number that are know public and inflate Xbox number that MS have fear to share lol
Each new day a new excuse...

Last edited:

SgtCaffran

FE5RFmJ.png

wolffy71

Banned
You guys try to mill every little bit of detail out of everything. Not everything is meant to be taken as literal as you would all like it to be. Thats what got is into months long debates about rdna2. Turns out, nobody knows a damn thing yet

Top Bottom