• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Financial Day 2020 [OT] PS. 5 Goddamn Hours Long

AMD mentioned security...I'm guessing they have something like a dual-core/quad-core RISC-V custom processor integrated as some type of IP block on their CPU chips now? That'd be pretty neat tbh.

Old Empire.

So Tommy Fisher was wrong, I believe he said EUV for RDNA 2.

I heard both consoles have hardware ray tracing. PS5 is Zen 2 RDNA 2 then.

We nevertheless don’t know if that means Sony RDNA2 die matches the Xbox die?

Sony should just hasten the reveal of the specs and stop everyone from guessing.

RDNA2 is a 2018-2020 road map, EUV was unlikely to happen that quick with AMD. Maybe in 2021 to 2022.

Yep, they just basically confirmed PS5 is RDNA2. Not outright saying it but as well as could given legal contracts and all.
Well, when one of the main people at Amd literally said that they are using their latest RDNA and Zen architectures in next gen consoles that literally confirms many things and puts to bed many others. People can't really disagree with the fact that both consoles have RDNA 2 powering the gpus at the heart of their socs.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
There is no highly likely about it.
RDNA2 is required for RT. RT is in PS5.

No, it's not confirmed until Sony says, no matter what you say.
"Highly likely" or something of the same meaning is the correct English to use!

chilichote

Plans changes... maybe 7mm+ is not mature so they need to release RDNA 2.
RDNA 3 will be 7nm+.
Yes, i'm aware of that. But Tommy F said last year, that RDNA2 is EUV, so maybe he was right, but didn't know about the changes.

Not that i am believing him.

Sosokrates

Sony already confirmed it.
No they did not confirm the ps5 GPU is using RDNA2, you are arguing about the most stupid shit.

It's not confirmed but it's highly likely when we take into account what has been said in these presentations.

Deal with it.

BeardGawd

Banned
FE5RFmJ.png

The main defining features for RDNA2 are Ray Tracing and VRS. Ray Tracing is confirmed for PS5 what about VRS?

Sosokrates

They confirmed RT.
RT Requires RDNA2.
Ergo, PS5 has RDNA2.

AMD also said it multiple times too.
You really don't think AMD is a valid source?

Not true, RT does not require RDNA2.

AMD have not confirmed PS5 is using RDNA2, the language they used strongly suggests it is, but that is not a confirmation.

That still does not give you 50+mil. Lets say sold thru is 41mil and you have 2mil on shelf. You sell sub 6mil that only adds 49mil.

I'm not sure but the dude has got connections, and has always been damn reliable with his numbers. besides amd Says ps4/ xbox shipped 150 million to date, we know at the very least xbox has shipped over 46 million so they are just using a mile stone number.

BeardGawd

Banned
The last guy actually confirmed RDNA2 for both consoles:

That audio specifically said Next-Gen RDNA technologies. Doesn't mean RDNA 2. What is with people saying something that wasn't said? He could have easily said RDNA2 but said next-gen RDNA technologies. Which could mean taking some of RDNA 2 but not all.

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
I always thought RDNA2 would be N7P (7nm) and not N7PP (7nm+), but I guess many thought the N7P meant 7nm+.

Top Bottom