• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol Season 9 Thread of Simon's Swan Song (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Man, I cringed, hard, through that whole white dude audition. Simon was straight up brutal, but spiting real talk.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I don't want this Justin cancer guy to win just because of his sappy "OMG I gots teh cancer on a mission :( :( BUT LIFE GOES ON :D" story. Go away.

MIMIC

Banned
Weapxn said:
I don't want this Justin cancer guy to win just because of his sappy "OMG I gots teh cancer on a mission :( :( BUT LIFE GOES ON :D" story. Go away.

I don't think he'll make the top 24. If he does, then he DEFINITELY won't make the top 12.

btkadams

Gary Whitta said:
The last couple of seasons have really tried my patience and I fully expect to hate Ellen (seriously, WTF?) but I'll be back for another go-around this year.

In any case I suspect the show's days are numbered- it's only a matter of time now before Simon leaves to do a US version of The X-Factor which will then go on to eclipse Idol as the pre-eminent TV talent show, as happened in the UK.
how is this even possible for a human being to feel?

Alucard

Banned
Weapxn said:

I thought he was one of the best of the day. They've still got tons of other places to travel, so I doubt he'll get anywhere near the top 12. Most of the people on this premier were pretty average.

Season 9 so far: underwhelming and mega-sappy.

HOLY SHIT SUPER KICK!

ivysaur12

Banned
MIMIC said:
I don't think he'll make the top 24. If he does, then he DEFINITELY won't make the top 12.

Pretty much.

I wonder if they ever keep stats on how many people who didn't get all the votes actually made it to the final 24.

I think the best ones were the 16 year old and the two guys who were harmonizing in the waiting room.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
btkadams said:
how is this even possible for a human being to feel?
I honestly don't know how I'll like her as a judge. I will wait and see before I make and judgments though. I'm still unsure why she is judging a singing competition though.. I love her to death, but this just doesn't seem to fit.

I liked the girl with the Alzheimer's grandma though, and I think she'll go far.

And Victoria Beckham. Man. She would've been the perfect substitute for Paula. Just as dumb and nice, a bit prettier (sometimes), and actually coherent.

ivysaur12 said:
I wonder if they ever keep stats on how many people who didn't get all the votes actually made it to the final 24.

Are you talking about the judges votes? I remember that Simon didn't vote for Taylor Hicks to make it. He said that he didn't think his look or sound would be mainstream enough for the show. How right he was.

REV 09

Alucard said:
I thought he was one of the best of the day. They've still got tons of other places to travel, so I doubt he'll get anywhere near the top 12. Most of the people on this premier were pretty average.

Season 9 so far: underwhelming and mega-sappy.

HOLY SHIT SUPER KICK!
I think he'll easily be top 12. He was the best of this episode.

That sarcastic guy was cringe worthy. I bet he's a GAF member or at the very least gamefaqs. No way he got that sarcastic on his own. :lol

I missed the second half but I don't care what some of you say, Victoria still looks good to me. Skinny yeah but I've liked her since Spice Girl era.

VPhys

Both Victoria and Kara have WAAAAY too much makeup. Victoria looks like a fucking porcelin doll from the 80s. Geez I think I'm going to be sick.

harSon

Banned
Jesus Christ, Victoria Beckham looks repulsive. She almost doesn't seem human, looks like an anorexic space creature. David Beckham must really like her personality because the physical attraction sure as hell ain't there.

VPhys

She could probably look hot she's just trying too hard.

Ladies. See Melissa for reference.

melissa-theuriau-01.jpg

ivysaur12

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Are you talking about the judges votes? I remember that Simon didn't vote for Taylor Hicks to make it. He said that he didn't think his look or sound would be mainstream enough for the show. How right he was.

Interesting.

Simon was right

MIMIC

Banned
MIMIC said:

Seems like I was already right; Justin "Cancer" Williams auditioned last season and made it to the Hollywood round. Don't know how much further he made it but he didn't make the top 24 cut.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Watching Otaku Grrrl on Tivo.

Lot of "voice coach" victims out there. Like Chiropractor patients asking if their back is OK I suppose.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
OuterWorldVoice said:
Watching Otaku Grrrl on Tivo.

Lot of "voice coach" victims out there. Like Chiropractor patients asking if their back is OK I suppose.
The best part is that you can get a voice coach regardless of how good you are. All you have to do is pay them. :lol

I felt pretty ashamed to recognize that Otaku girl was doing the Hare Hare Yukai dance from Haruhi Suzumiya, but then again, I was watching American Fucking Idol, so I guess I shouldn't.

MIMIC

Banned
I am SO glad that the country girl didn't suck. I really hate it when they give you the first half of a potentially heart-warming story and then just suck the air right out of you with the fact that they're terrible.

MIMIC

Banned
madara said:
Hope she doesn't plan use the Kelly Pickler material too much.

Yeah...I was thinking that this was Kelly 2.0. But I got more of a Carrie feel from her, personality-wise.....just more countrified. This girl felt "real".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom