• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol Season 9 Thread of Simon's Swan Song (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Shania Twain actually seems like a good judge. Holy shit.

EDIT: ROFL. "Screw you, Sergeant Heart! I'm the next American Idol." OMG This is glorious. Tip toe. To the window.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Someday I just want one of these sob stories to actually die or have an attack in the middle of their audition. Then again, I bet Fox would milk every second of it.

Apoc29

Something's been bugging me about this show. How do they film the contestants' backstories BEFORE they audition? Like where they show clips of the person in their hometown doing whatever. I see 3 solutions:

A) they pull a random person from the lineup for a couple hours and film their life story then dump them back in the lineup in time for their audition
B) the person is a plant and they've filmed them days in advance
C) they film AFTER their audition

A) seems unlikely unless there's another spin on it. B) wouldn't be out of the question considering 'reality' shows aren't necessarily 'real'. C) makes the most sense except for the fact they sometimes show backstories of people who FAIL their audition, in which case why would they agree to have their story filmed? In addition, they have interviews with their friends/family who talk about how well they think the person will do in the audition, so either they're actors or real people who are told to act.

JCX

Apoc29 said:
Something's been bugging me about this show. How do they film the contestants' backstories BEFORE they audition? Like where they show clips of the person in their hometown doing whatever. I see 3 solutions:

A) they pull a random person from the lineup for a couple hours and film their life story then dump them back in the lineup in time for their audition
B) the person is a plant and they've filmed them days in advance
C) they film AFTER their audition

A) seems unlikely unless there's another spin on it. B) wouldn't be out of the question considering 'reality' shows aren't necessarily 'real'. C) makes the most sense except for the fact they sometimes show backstories of people who FAIL their audition, in which case why would they agree to have their story filmed? In addition, they have interviews with their friends/family who talk about how well they think the person will do in the audition, so either they're actors or real people who are told to act.

I recall reading somewhere that the day of the cattle call / audition for producers is a different day than the audition for the judges, so that gives some time to film back stories.

madara said:
What was wrong with asthma girl? Only caught a part of it but was surprised how harsh they were.

I'm not sure since I thought that she was the best contestant tonight. She was much better than that girl who's auditioned several times. And that drooled all over that girl.

Apoc29

JCX said:
I recall reading somewhere that the day of the cattle call / audition for producers is a different day than the audition for the judges, so that gives some time to film back stories.
Yeah I figured they have submit their forms in advance with their most interesting trait and they filter them by the words 'cancer' or 'disabled'. It would kind of suck to have to personally interview 10,000 weirdos to see who's the weirdest.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Kristin Chenoweth. She is a big Broadway actress with an amazing voice. Pretty cute and quirky. She was on Pushing Daisies recently and was also in an episode of Glee. Done a bunch of stuff.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Beatbox boy isn't actually singing any of this. What the hell is going on. Blake Lewis did it better, and I hated him.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
WTF. that was best in a while?

SolidSnakex said:
Hold on there! Did you not hear Ryan before the break? It was a mistake!

that was totally better then! it's like when the other girl was like "OH I MADE IT TO HOLLYWOOD BUT I HAD A WARRANT OUT" WTF!!! this is not OKAY

Y2Kev said:
that was totally better then! it's like when the other girl was like "OH I MADE IT TO HOLLYWOOD BUT I HAD A WARRANT OUT" WTF!!! this is not OKAY

I know, I just found the whole sequence with Ryan talking about his mistake amusing after he said what his "mistake" was. It's pretty messed up that they actually want people to feel sympathy for someone that robbed a bank.

JCX

Lots of good singers tonight. I'm tired of the auditions round. I'd much rather have 2-3 weeks of Hollywood.

SolidSnakex said:
I know, I just found the whole sequence with Ryan talking about his mistake amusing after he said what his "mistake" was. It's pretty messed up that they actually want people to feel sympathy for someone that robbed a bank.

I always hate the "sob story" contestants after a few weeks of having them shoved down our throats.

As bad as the singing bank robber was, I thought the guy with the autistic kid was bad too. "My autistic kid puts a strain on my marriage, I think I'll go away trying to be a singer for weeks at a time, that should help!"

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
x Power Pad Death Stomp x said:
I always hate the "sob story" contestants after a few weeks of having them shoved down our throats.

As bad as the singing bank robber was, I thought the guy with the autistic kid was bad too. "My autistic kid puts a strain on my marriage, I think I'll go away trying to be a singer for weeks at a time, that should help!"

I don't know about you guys, but I sure wish they could find a way for Danny Gokey to make it back this year.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
mre said:
I don't know about you guys, but I sure wish they could find a way for Danny Gokey to make it back this year.
Sometimes I wonder what would happen if they let people who made it into the Top 12 audition again. Would we end up with some sort of AllStar Top 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom