• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Idol X|V |OT| Please Be Excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Clark. Beautiful performance. Great showcase of his skill set. For the ones who can actually sing, less is ALWAYS more. 8.1

MIMIC

Banned
Qaasim. I'm trying to determine whether those runs are natural or just deceptively forced. Nonetheless, this is probably one of the few times were I didn't completely loathe the song. Unrestrained Qaasim is absolutely unappealing to me. This time, he was more than tolerable. It wasn't horrible....but he still has quite a bit of work to do to win me over. 6.7

Qaasim. I'm trying to determine whether those runs are natural or just deceptively forced. Nonetheless, this is probably one of the few times were I didn't completely loathe the song. Unrestrained Qaasim is absolutely unappealing to me. This time, he was more than tolerable. It wasn't horrible....but he still has quite a bit of work to do to win me over. 6.7
He really feels like someone who can do the performing side of the job and with some work in the studio could have some upbeat hits. Then you see him in concert and you're like "wow he sounds awful live."

MIMIC

Banned
So is this Rayvon's version of 80s night? Because he looks like he does every week

EDIT: Well, I definitely prefer him go through over Maddie or Adanna. But I'm losing so much interest in him.

So is this Rayvon's version of 80s night? Because he looks like he does every week
Not surprised about Maddie. But frankly other than Clark I won't be surprised about anyone else getting the boot.

Last year I thought the Caleb/Jena/Alex competition was neck and neck. This year just feels like no one is really gonna be as consistently good as Clark.

MIMIC

Banned
Rayvon. Maybe Rayvon legitimately can't invoke that inner-power.....which would explain why his performances always seem so dull and lifeless. Vocally good, vocally on-point, but sooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. 7.0

Rayvon is a case study in wasted potential.

They couldn't have found some way to arrange this farce so that contestants don't have to perform after learning that their friends are going home?

Just awk now that the save is gone.

I was doing some fun research and saw that Daniel has the most followers on IG (78.1K) and the 2nd most is Jax, but I also realized Maddie had ~38k and still didn't make it. All the others have anywhere in the range of 11-19k so hopefully these numbers don't matter....

I was doing some fun research and saw that Daniel has the most followers on IG (78.1K) and the 2nd most is Jax, but I also realized Maddie had ~38k and still didn't make it. All the others have anywhere in the range of 11-19k so hopefully these numbers don't matter....
His twitter post though... Lol

JCX

Rayvon is a case study in wasted potential.

They couldn't have found some way to arrange this farce so that contestants don't have to perform after learning that their friends are going home?

Just awk now that the save is gone.

I just don't think the producers get it. Idol's problem wasn't that it was too long, it was too much filler. I'm fine with 1 hour performance show and 30 minute results show, but now we have 2 hours of increasing filler and an elimination method that doesn't encourage good performances.

Missed last night. Very glad Quentin stayed, he did very well. Really liked Jax too. Of course the judges' save resulted in 3 girls going home first before any guys. Hopefully we can finally get rid of Daniel next week.

I just don't think the producers get it. Idol's problem wasn't that it was too long, it was too much filler. I'm fine with 1 hour performance show and 30 minute results show, but now we have 2 hours of increasing filler and an elimination method that doesn't encourage good performances.

Missed last night. Very glad Quentin stayed, he did very well. Really liked Jax too. Of course the judges' save resulted in 3 girls going home first before any guys. Hopefully we can finally get rid of Daniel next week.

too late. it's the year of the shit guys. the internet is WAY too big compared to previous years. it would be hard to stop people from voting.

It won't surprise me. This is a terrible season as I commented earlier. I'd argue that Clark is really the only one who's been consistently good to great. Lots of mediocre performances and quite frankly terrible performances.

I expect ratings to drop going forward, especially if Daniel keeps going through. The reasonable people watching will roll their eyes and just not watch any longer. :)

JCX

Songs of Kelly Clarkson spoilers. This is gonna be a trainwreck.

Joey Cook – “Miss Independent”
Jax – “Beautiful Disaster”
Tyanna Jones – “Mr. Know It All”
Daniel Seavey – “Breakaway”
Rayvon Owen – “Since U Been Gone”
Clark Beckham – “The Trouble With Love Is”
Nick Fradiani – “Catch My Breath”
Qaasim Middleton – “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)”
Quentin Alexander – “Dark Side”

Also new Reality Check

i wish this was an april fools day joke. but Idol fan save.

Keeping Daniel alive. they know he's gone and they want to keep him in.

CBhvV30VEAAchwJ.jpg:large

http://www.americanidol.com/article/idol-fan-save?cmpid=tsm:fb:-FOX-Idol_save_2015_001

MIMIC

Banned
Can we just hear HER sing instead of everyone else butchering her music?

EDIT: RUUUUUUUUUUUUUben.

#IdolReunion

MIMIC

Banned
Nick. Not exactly an awe-inspiring performance. I absolutely LOVE this song, so I couldn't help but go into comparison-mode. For me, his voice is just a bit too heavy for a song like this (so I completely disagree with Keith). Kelly GLIDES through this song, and Nick, for the most part, was stomping through it. It was in-key (for the most part), but extremely mediocre, nonetheless. 6.7

MIMIC

Banned
Jax. The setting was gorgeous. But the performance was a little disappointing; it didn't sound like a "Jax" version. She just sang it straight....and straight Jax is very mediocre. Like Nick, it was mostly in-tune, but very average-sounding. What usually separates Jax from the crowd -- like the accent she uses that gives her her unique timbre -- was MIA. 6.7

MIMIC

Banned
Tyanna. That was great! Her notes always come out so pointed sharp (the good kind of sharp). She definitely grabs your attention when she sings well. I was especially impressed by how she opened, since the song itself hits the ground running from the very start. She didn't seem fazed by that obstacle at all. 8.0

What she said: "After I released my first album, I took a year off to find myself."

What she meant: "After my first album tanked, I was forced by my record label to take a year's compassionate leave."

That Scott person is really bad at reading his script from the teleprompter.

EDIT: No Joey, run away from that herpes monster NOW

JCX

What she said: "After I released my first album, I took a year off to find myself."

What she meant: "After my first album tanked, I was forced by my record label to take a year's compassionate leave."

Sadly true. She was so good at the game of idol but even then I knew she wouldn't go far after the she. At least she got the tour money.

MIMIC

Banned
Joey. Another Joey special. She went back to what made her stand-out. She hit all her notes, and put a very unique twist on a Kelly classic. Great intentions and great execution. She really commits to song reinterpretations. 8.1

And Harry, fuck off.

MIMIC

Banned
I can't believe I don't have that song yet. But then again, I've only heard it just a few times.

EDIT: Quentin >_< This is gonna suck, isn't it?

MIMIC

Banned
Quentin. WELP. That actually....was pretty decent. Up until the last note, he actually managed to exercise great vocal control. It was actually a very great song choice, too. And not only did he sing it well, but he also performed it well. Really managed to capture the essence and beauty of the lyrics with his gestures deep stares. OK, let me stop. 7.8

MIMIC

Banned
Qaasim. That was just all over the damn place. He very noticeably struggled to reach certain notes (going from full voice to falsetto), as if he didn't know he couldn't reach them. What did he do in rehearsal? Did he get too ambitious? Either way, that was pretty bad. 5.2

Lest we forget, QAASIM RECEIVED THE JUDGES' SAVE

JCX

Qaasim. That was just all over the damn place. He very noticeably struggled to reach certain notes (going from full voice to falsetto), as if he didn't know he couldn't reach them. What did he do in rehearsal? Did he get too ambitious? Either way, that was pretty bad. 5.2

Lest we forget, QAASIM RECEIVED THE JUDGES' SAVE

Of course he did, it's almost always used on a guy with no chance of winning.

This show is do lucky to have found Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom