• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread 2: I Got 99 Pre-orders But A Rosalina Ain't One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintty

Nice OT :)

I picked up Samus yesterday, completing my Wave 1 collection. The only outstanding figure of Wave 2 is Little Mac and I've pretty much given up on him.

For wave 3 I will have a new approach. I'm only getting the characters I really like - I have to bury the completionist in me :(

Dat Mac will continue to bother though...

prateeko

Ahhhh, dat new thread smell.

Also, while I love the title, I actually am one of the few who managed to stumble onto Rosalina and get a pre order in during the crazy ass hours Target put it up a few weeks back 😕

Nice OT :)

I picked up Samus yesterday, completing my Wave 1 collection. The only outstanding figure of Wave 2 is Little Mac and I've pretty much given up on him.

For wave 3 I will have a new approach. I'm only getting the characters I really like - I have to bury the completionist in me :(

Dat Mac will continue to bother though...

Are you in Europe?

melman101

Morning Amiibros/Amiigals. I have everything collected, and yet I can't stop following this thread.

They seriously are a bad drug. I need to go to AA. Amiibos Anonymous. LOL

rjinaz

Damn, no way to get free shipping is there? Wanted to send one as a gift to someone

Order $49 or more. I know it sucks, $6 is too much for online shipping these days. But the good news is, they are buy one get the other 40 percent off so essentially it comes out to about the same as shipping. I got two for $29.

StAidan

Nice thread title lol.

Fortunately I have all my desired wave 3 figures preordered already. Learned my lesson with the crazy wave 2 shenanigans.

wiibomb

The only Amiibo I really wanted was the little mac one and I cannot believe how scarse it is, anyone knows if I can find it on a online store? I'm a international gaffer so I cannot go to a store myself..

Or in any case maybe someone wants to sell me one? :(

Animekatt

Yay new thread! I have all of Wave 3 preordered except Sheik, DeDeDe, and Bowser. I think I might preorder Sheik now since I have Zelda...

I'm still baffled I managed to find that listing on GAME. That being said I ordered more than one (I'm not scalping though).The first of my Little Mac orders came through today.

How did they send it? Royal Mail or Parcel Force?

I'm waiting on a delivery from them myself, and was kinda hoping it would turn up by today seeing how it was shipped last Tuesday.

Son Of D

Hey my title was used :D.

A suggestion for the OT; mention that in Wave 3 Shulk, Dedede, Meta Knight, Sonic and Mega Man are all February in Europe (and I've heard Japan as well) whereas the rest of Wave 3 is January whilst the entire Wave 3 is February in NA.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Need to figure out who I should focus on for Wave 3. I want Mega Man & Sonic character-wise. Ike as well, but I don't know if he'd be used in other games. Bowser seems like he'd be of more "use". I kind of want Dedede & Metaknight for Rainbow Curse now. Shulk is kind of cool, but I doubt Nintendo would have him be usable in Xenoblade for New 3DS. Toon Link is kind of cool, but if he functions like normal Link, I might as well stick with him.

Of course, my logic will be thrown out the window the moment *insert character here* is considered rare or hard to find or out of print.

How did they send it? Royal Mail or Parcel Force?

I'm waiting on a delivery from them myself, and was kinda hoping it would turn up by today seeing how it was shipped last Tuesday.

Royal Mail. Oddly I ordered my Macs all at the same time. They sent one early and are then sending the second batch shortly after. I was talking to the GAME employee on Webchat and she confirmed that they were delayed with shipping since the workers were off during new years (which is understandable) but it means some have been sent and some haven't but will eventually be shipped.

Again, weird because I ordered my all at the same time but at least they're coming.

The Flash

Banned
I was just at the TRU page and saw him up for order.

$6 for shipping! Yikes. I don't really need any other amiibos right now or I'd take advantage of that Buy 1, 40% off the next deal. Oh well. They're the only place that has him in stock right now so I might as well grab him while I can. And with that said I am now done until Wave 3 comes out.

Royal Mail. Oddly I ordered my Macs all at the same time. They sent one early and are then sending the second batch shortly after. I was talking to the GAME employee on Webchat and she confirmed that they were delayed with shipping since the workers were off during new years (which is understandable) but it means some have been sent and some haven't but will eventually be shipped.

Again, weird because I ordered my all at the same time but at least they're coming.

I'm waiting on 5 Amiibo's and 2 games, so a large package. I got the "We've posted your order" email last Tues. Guess I best just sit by the door and hope.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So any guesses as to who'll be the more common Wave 3 characters? I feel like Bowser will be the most easy to find, as it seems more popular characters = the easier to find. Part of me wants to say Sonic as well, but he might fly off the shelves with the fanbase (I guess myself included).

& damn, all the talk of Little Mac from the previous thread makes me want to finally buy Punch-Out on Wii & replay it.

Horohoro

So any guesses as to who'll be the more common Wave 3 characters? I feel like Bowser will be the most easy to find, as it seems more popular characters = the easier to find. Part of me wants to say Sonic as well, but he might fly off the shelves with the fanbase (I guess myself included).

& damn, all the talk of Little Mac from the previous thread makes me want to finally buy Punch-Out on Wii & replay it.

My money is on Ike and Sonic being rare and dedede being uncommon think the rest even the blue bomber will be common.
Retailer exclusives not included that is.
i have 2 thoughts on the retailer exclusives. One they will either be as plentiful as Mario per respecrive store. OR they will be super limited and gone in minutes... Idk which is true but my gut is telling me after all O've tried to get Rosalina it will be the former just because....

I can't find any stores that sell amiibo in Tokyo, I just don't know where to look. I stumbled on a TRU in Ikebukuro, but their selection was paltry. A random gamestore in Nacano had Pit, Fox, WFT, and Little Mac so I snapped those up a few days ago.

Horohoro

I can't find any stores that sell amiibo in Tokyo, I just don't know where to look. I stumbled on a TRU in Ikebukuro, but their selection was paltry. A random gamestore in Nacano had Pit, Fox, WFT, and Little Mac so I snapped those up a few days ago.
Amazon jp?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My money is on Ike and Sonic being rare and dedede being uncommon think the rest even the blue bomber will be common.
Yeah, Ike probably will be hard to find (maybe Robin & Lucina won't be as bad since they were in the newest game, but I probably won't get my hopes up).

I still don't know where Mega Man will fall. I feel like he should be uncommon considering MM fans were ECSTATIC (myself included) when he was confirmed, so I wonder if the same people will go out & "vote with their wallet" by buying him to show that he's still popular or something.

I just want him, Sonic, & Pac-Man because there's something wonderful about them standing to Mario and seeing my childhood all nicely lined up in figure form, all by Nintendo.

einer51

Speculation, but it looks like another round of TRU codes might come for the cancellations yesterday.

"Pit amiibo (TO GET CORRECT RETAIL, ADD ITEM TO CART AND ENTER PROMOTIONAL CODE RECENTLY EMAILED TO YOU)"

levyjl1988

Banned
Lucky I preordered 3 Rosalina. One to open, one to leave unopened. One to gift to a clse friend. Preorder is everything.

How likely is Amazon to cancel preorders? Do they ever?

Lombaszko

Got my Wii Fit Trainer from Amazon.de last night. Perfectly shipped, don't hesitate ordering from them. Couldn't be easier.

rjinaz

Lucky I preordered 3 Rosalina. One to open, one to leave unopened. One to gift to a clse friend. Preorder is everything.

How likely is Amazon to cancel preorders? Do they ever?

Not usually. Preorders are pretty safe for the most part, Amazon is one of the more reliable retailers. But it's never 100 percent certain. Not that you could have gotten Rosalina from Amazon. if you meant Target, they seem to be less reliable but I would imagine your preorders are safe if they haven't been canceled yet.

Edit: Unless you are not in the US which your post makes a lot more sense but I wouldn't have much insight into other Amazon's preorder handling anyway so you can ignore my post.

Platy

I heard that Zelda characters like Zelda and Sheik give better drops than regular amiibos on Hyrule Warriors.... but this is not mentioned on the OP.

Anyone can confirm this ?

Jawmuncher

Hey my title was used :D.

A suggestion for the OT; mention that in Wave 3 Shulk, Dedede, Meta Knight, Sonic and Mega Man are all February in Europe (and I've heard Japan as well) whereas the rest of Wave 3 is January whilst the entire Wave 3 is February in NA.

It was too great not to.
I'll add that info since I was still trying to see how it was separated.

prateeko

Realistically, I'm not expecting too much, but my cousin works at a Target and he's keeping an eye out for expected shipments. I'll keep you folks on my short list for now, though!
I think using the email trick to let people know the actual arrival date of the item to stores would be helpful

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I heard that Zelda characters like Zelda and Sheik give better drops than regular amiibos on Hyrule Warriors.... but this is not mentioned on the OP.

Yes, basically, instead of random 1 to 3 star weapon drops, material, or rupees, you'll get a weapon 3-stars or higher drop.

Also, Toon Link is confirmed to work the same as Link & will also unlock the Spinner weapon. & by the looks of Nintendo's site, also the Link outfit in Mario Kart 8.

Jawmuncher

I'll add that. I lumped everyone who didn't offer a actual weapon into the link that was there.

Woah ikebukuro is a real place?! I thought that was a made up setting in Duararara!! :eek: that's pretty neat. So its safe to assume that its a shopping district IRL as well, right?

DooD1234

How reliable are third party sellers on amazon usually? Got a Mac for $16+4 shipping and just got confirmation that it just shipped. However there no tracking number and I only got an estimate which is the end of the month.

LostAnkh

I've only bought Donkey Kong so far and have preorders for MegaMan, Rosalina and Bowser.

I'm hoping all the Koopalings get an Amiibo release. That would be so awesome.

0BhTdIk.jpg
If we don't get Female Robin, these guys won't make it either.

Jawmuncher

How reliable are third party sellers on amazon usually? Got a Mac for $16+4 shipping and just got confirmation that it just shipped. However there no tracking number and I only got an estimate which is the end of the month.

What was the feedback?
Regardless Amazon will set it right for you if something goes wrong.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just to make sure are we going the route if we find rarer Amiibo in stock so lurkers don't get them before others on here do?[/QUOTE]I would say if you want to. I personally would since I'd rather help you guys in return instead of people who only lurk/don't contribute.

I would say if you want to. I personally would since I'd rather help you guys in return instead of people who only lurk/don't contribute.

I'll probably go email route as well if I can contribute then, but will make sure to preface my post that it'll likely be a retailer from EU/UK.

Animekatt

Just to make sure are we going the route if we find rarer Amiibo in stock so lurkers don't get them before others on here do?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the reason why so many people were looking in the first OT (over 1.3 million views) was because of the links. Things posted would sell out so fast as a result.

Dang everyone had their Falcon amiibo cancelled from TRU but mine just shipped out. I got Yoshi yesterday so when Cap comes i'll have one of everybody!

I would love it if nintendo took a month or two before announcing wave 4 or whatever to re-issue amiibos that are hard to find.

Marth
Villager
Wii Fit
Pit
Little Mac
Falcon
Samus
Fox

And focus on getting stock out of the retailer exclusive ones for a month or two.

I feel like early spring would be a good time to do this since it's a slow shopping time anyway and the collectors/fans like us can scoop them all up before going into wave 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom