• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog [confirmed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITT:
jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg
Yup, gonna be plenty of that.

Kerned

Banned
Bummer. I loved the Uncharted series but strongly disliked TLOU. This may not bode well for the UC4 I want to see. I hope Amy lands somewhere good.

Akihidas

Holy shit, I am absolutely gobsmacked by this I can't believe it. 'Forced out' seems incredibly dick-ish but I'll wait and see what the official word on this is. Still, this is crazy.

Fnord

What are Druckmann and Straley's roles? If they're just writers, I don't see how they could push another writer out.

The idea of her being forced out over Uncharted by Neil and Bruce makes no sense considering that neither of them have expressed any interest in even returning to that series. They only talk about working on TLoU or a new IP.

chri5t

I don't mind Druckmann and Straley helming Uncharted. I'm actually excited for the possibilities.

Still, the loss of great talent sucks. I wonder who will pick her up.

maneil99

What are Druckmann and Straley's roles? If they're just writers, I don't see how they could push another writer out.

They are creative directors aswell, they worked out TLOU while Amy and someone who's name eludes me worked on UC4

FairFight

Banned
Uncharted might just be my favorite franchise ever. It was the writing and witty banter that I enjoyed more than anything. Hopefully the script for 4 is completed at least. Her departure will be a big blow to future titles. (If there are any that is.)

Gammacide

She should go to SSM to make sure the next big title doesn't involve Kratos but rather some other highly potent soul reaver....

antitrop

Druckmann was the Lead Designer of Uncharted 2 and the Creative Director and Lead Writer for The Last of Us.

Straley was the Game Director for Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us.

Would love to know the full story, hopefully that forced out part is sensationalized. She is super talented and will land somewhere else I am sure. Then we will get even more good games.

This doesn't sound good, but I'm going to wait for more info to come to the fore before I pass judgement, rather than making hasty, sweeping remarks like "what cunts" and "what the fuck is up with Sony?"

I hope everything's okay, but either way, I'm sure she'll land on her feet.

Jburton

Banned
The Last of Us far exceeds the Uncharted series when it comes to story, direction etc.

Probably considered surplus, or her latest work is considered below par ............. Naughty Dog has to stay fresh and Amy has been there along time, feels like a generational shift perhaps.

The cost of progress?

Amy is a talented lady and will land on her feet.

Naughty Dog and Amy will continue to shine.

Uncharted might just be my favorite franchise ever. It was the writing and witty banter that I enjoyed more than anything. Hopefully the script for 4 is completed at least. Her departure will be a big blow to future titles. (If there are any that is.)

Seriously, Uncharted is my favorite franchise last gen. This news freakin' sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom