• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An actual Games on Demand sale next week! $4/$5 games! Finally Microsoft!

Guys, Conan is actually a pretty damn good game.

Yeah I'd put it on the same level as the Wolverine game. If you're going in expecting a typical movie game then you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you go in thinking it's an AAA title then you'll be mildly disappointed.

For $4 you can't miss.

U2NUMB

Conan at that price is a steal. Plays well.. super brutal and tons of boobs. If you are into that sort of thing.

PoP:FS is the PoP game I've had the most fun with, and I've played them all. I don't get the "LOL"s and all the hate. It's a pretty damned good game.

Ah well, always easier to be negative I guess.

Jamesways

I was really bummed to see that PoP TFS was the one on sale. I had myself hyped up to buy the 2008 one today since I haven't played it yet.

So I went to GS on lunch, traded in a game and found a used copy for $4.99.
Nice.

If you're in the US, Gamestop has the 2008 PoP for $4.99.

Actually a lot of these games are about the same price if you go through retail.

Edit: Nevermind, should have read the post above me more carefully.

If you're in the US, Gamestop has the 2008 PoP for $4.99.

Actually a lot of these games are about the same price if you go through retail.

Edit: Nevermind, should have read the post above me more carefully.

Wouldn't trust buying a copy of Kameo, PDZ or TT from Gamestop. Discs are probably scratched to hell and back.

If you're lucky enough to find a copy.

Table Tennis, PDZ or Kameo???????

probably not PDZ tho.

Nothing wrong PDZ at that price.

Although I am disappointed by the lack of The Outfit in this sale. A very underrated and overlooked game that could have been given a second life through this sale.

Probably holding it back for the next sale, along with Rainbow Six 1, Shadowrun and PGR3. ;p

coopolon

So far everyonet alking about table tennis have been saying it's fun with a friend. Is it fun single player? Unfortunately it's one of the few with no demo.

lucius

I got Conan and Dark Void, was gonna get Surf's Up to play with niece but already got Disney Universe and Rayman Origins last month that she can play.

MMaRsu

Banned
Nothing wrong PDZ at that price.

Although I am disappointed by the lack of The Outfit in this sale. A very underrated and overlooked game that could have been given a second life through this sale.

Probably holding it back for the next sale, along with Rainbow Six 1, Shadowrun and PGR3. ;p

Actually im kinda shooted out.. how long is kameo and is it worth it? Ive already played it in 2006 or 2007..and got 50gamerpoints.

Yuripaw

Banned
So basically....

Sony: This month we're gonna give away 10 games for free for our premium members! Most of which are actually pretty awesome!

Microsoft: You can buy several outdated and/or shitty games at the price they should be to begin with on our premium service this week!

BioHazard

I see Alone in the Dark is on the list, not sure if it was there before. That's actually one of those bad games that are pretty good. I had a decent time playing through it, not terrible. Check it out for 5

MMaRsu

Banned
So basically....

Sony: This month we're gonna give away 10 games for free for our premium members! Most of which are actually pretty awesome!

Microsoft: You can buy several outdated and/or shitty games at the price they should be to begin with on our premium service this week!

True but ps+ IS a rental service..they dont give it away since you cant access it after + runs out.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Curious about Kameo, Dark Void and Bomberman (Because of how bad it sounds).

Also slightly tempted by Perfect Dark Zero. Already completed it once, but the multiplayer was fun, even with bots.

So basically....

This sale is nothing to do with a premium service, it's open to everyone.

dexterslu

Alone in the Dark is certainly a mess, but if you're a fan of Alan Wake you should give it a whirl. It has some really interesting mechanics...

Will probably pick up that and Rockstar Table Tennis...

Yuripaw

Banned
True but ps+ IS a rental service..they dont give it away since you cant access it after + runs out.

Yeah, but as long as you have PS plus, you still have access, and with the incentives they've been offering to be a member, I have no gripes with that. I personally feel like Xbox Live Gold feels like black mail more then a service that I actually want. I keep paying for xbox live because I want to be able to keep playing my games online. Take away that feature, and I would never want to pay for it again. It's total black mail. If people don't want to take advantage of PS plus's deals, they don't have to, and they can still play games online.

Curufinwe

I like to get a decent percentage of the Achievements in any game I buy, so I don't think I'll be getting GRAW since almost half of its Achievements are multiplayer.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/ghost-recon-aw/guide/

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 10/10
-Offline: 23 (575 )
-Online: 20 (425 )
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 500+ hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2
-Number of missable achievements: None!
-Glitched achievements: None!
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No

I like to get a decent percentage of the Achievements in any game I buy, so I don't think I'll be getting GRAW since almost half of its Achievements are multiplayer.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/ghost-recon-aw/guide/

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 10/10
-Offline: 23 (575 )
-Online: 20 (425 )
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 500+ hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2
-Number of missable achievements: None!
-Glitched achievements: None!
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No

Damn, lol. That's probably because the online Achievements are impossible to get now.

Goddammit, I was all ready to download PoP 2008 today and give it another play but instead I see it is The Forgotten Sands (a decent enough, short game that I don't want to play again). Thanks for getting my hopes up with the ambiguity of your shitty sale, Microsoft.

Yeah, but as long as you have PS plus, you still have access, and with the incentives they've been offering to be a member, I have no gripes with that. I personally feel like Xbox Live Gold feels like black mail more then a service that I actually want. I keep paying for xbox live because I want to be able to keep playing my games online. Take away that feature, and I would never want to pay for it again. It's total black mail. If people don't want to take advantage of PS plus's deals, they don't have to, and they can still play games online.

Again, this is completely irrelevant. This sale is for everyone, it's nothing to do with Gold membership.

Actually im kinda shooted out.. how long is kameo and is it worth it? Ive already played it in 2006 or 2007..and got 50gamerpoints.

It's been a while since I last played it, but I think it's roughly 8-1o hours. Well worth the 400msp asking price.

So basically....

LOL.

So basically....

I'm a paying PS+ member and I did not see any of these "free" games you are talking about.

Alone in the Dark is certainly a mess, but if you're a fan of Alan Wake you should give it a whirl. It has some really interesting mechanics...

Will probably pick up that and Rockstar Table Tennis...

Wasn't there a patch for Alone that fixed some of the problems? I managed to finish it before any patch was spoken about and I thought it was half way decent.

Story ends very abruptly though, almost like there's a chapter missing but the combat, general gameplay, etc is 'decent' and the game is worth 400msp in my opinion.

Dan Yo

Banned
MS is really bad when it comes to marketplace sales. Too few and far between, the prices are rarely all the great, and the selection can be abysmal. At least they've improved somewhat. There was a time when they never did sales or discounts for anything at all. Heck launch game DLC is still full price on the marketplace.

Until MS gets their structure closer to steam and starts making some decent deals, I don't trust the Xbox brand as digital distributor and certainly not as the only store in town, as is the case for most XBLA titles, and presumably will be the case at some point in the future as all games go DD.

Piano

Banned
BOMBERMAN: ACT ZERO

aahahahahahahahaha.
I would love, LOVE to see the sales statistics for the game, both before and after the sale. Did anyone actually get suckered into buying that trash at $20? Or was someone waiting for a sale?!?!

Top Bottom