• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An AI-Generated Artwork Won First Place at a State Fair Fine Arts Competition, and Artists Are Pissed

Kadve

Maybe it just tells us something about what "art" actually is. Its just whatever it is physically untill someone gives it that label. Art doesnt actually exist other than in our minds in other words.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I mean just giving developers ideas through concept art would be a good idea. I think it would be a good idea for writers who are extremely talented but aren't capable of drawing for like comic books could use AI art.
AI art should be a boon for novelists. When there's no talent or budget for pictures because the writer wants to focus on words, now AI art can handle images. Even just sprinkling an image once every 5 pages to spice it up would make books a lot more interesting than 350 pages of text.

As for all these AI art sites, I only dabbled with one months ago for fun. But are the programs smart enough to allow users to save concepts and images? So if someone wanted to make a storyboard using one the country villains, the system can save that image as a lock, so the other 30 images someone makes to craft a story can always keep that character whole? The character will look the same but it's smart enough to make it animate or be in different positions?

Or we're not there yet?

Last edited:
AI art should be a boon for novelists. When there's no talent or budget for pictures because the writer wants to focus on words, now AI art can handle images. Even just sprinkling an image once every 5 pages to spice it up would make books a lot more interesting than 350 pages of text.

As for all these AI art sites, I only dabbled with one months ago for fun. But are the programs smart enough to allow users to save concepts and images? So if someone wanted to make a storyboard using one the country villains, the system can save that image as a lock, so the other 30 images someone makes to craft a story can always keep that character whole?

Or we're not there yet?
I think so, the issue is who would actually own the work.

GladiusFrog

13ad1121-d406-470e-8e72-b55b31224c8e.jpg
8d8305cd-fc69-4517-85ff-a68a5f4f15f9.jpg

ea637573-cc67-443e-b7fe-67173e90f1c0.jpg
e5ce9e98-6af4-40d8-857e-47e2c84b34d3.jpg

Damn this is fun lol.

GladiusFrog

What AI art program is being used i these? I wanna play!!!
Almost as good as Midjourney, but free, no subscription required, unlimited creations. At least at the moment, I expect that to change eventually.

Last edited:
Top Bottom