• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An asian guy with a blue shirt standing in front of a projector screen

Borys

Banned
Posted exclusively on EvilAvatar.com in this thread by some Anonymous guy.

We had a kind post by an Anonymous member which shows what appears to be the main menu interface screen for Nintendo's upcoming Revolution console. The pic was snapped from a bi-monthly Nintendo meeting.

Listed on the main menu:
Game Catalog
Friend Management
Manage Memory
DS Connection
Control Settings
Nintendo Store

Fake? Old?

Probably both :(

img09810ak0pr.jpg

nrs986small4oy2sx.jpg

Sounds faker than Pam's tits:

I barely got away with this, so you could finally have some closure.

I have close to no clue what anything on there says other than "Nintendo Store", and even I don't know what's up with the SMB DS in the background.

There was a second video output to the second room in the back, where I got a shot from the TV.

I also have no clue if this is the final design, or if any of it is real altogether. The actual machine was in a seprate room that had way too many people in it for me to bother sneaking inside. The camera I use was a tiny but crappy one, so I apologize for the blurry resolution and dark lighting conditions

nubbe

I'm skeptical. Not likely that something like that would leak. But it would be nice to be able to play DS games on a screen with added filters to textures.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Nintendo RS wouldn't be a bad name. Would tie back to Revolution and also to DS, which is obviously hot hot hot at the moment.

But yeah, I'm sceptical.

123rl

DopeyFish said:
people doing these fakes have no brain

the small ass text gives it away

The light shining on the guy doesn't even match the colours on the screen! :lol If that isn't a blatant reason why it's fake then I don't know what is!

123rl

Xrenity said:
Uh, it does. You can see Mario's feet on the guy.

That's not his foot. It doesn't look like his foot anyway.

Look at the guy's hand though. It's in front of a blue box but there's no blue light shining on his hand

jarosh

Well, it's fake anyway. But just look at the shadow of that guy's left arm and hand. That shadow is so clearly fake, it hurts.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Nash said:
Also it seems Nintendo are incapable of projecting something so you can see the whole picture.
Bingooooooooo

They may be tight arse fucks at times, but they always pump out excellent quality when it comes to video media.

edit: The presenter guy looks Chinese-ethnic anyway. This thread might be bigger than Megaton. MAYBE.

No.1

Cheebs said:
Fake. The DS game in the bg gives it away. :lol

There's a rumour about DS receiving a similar download feature as the Revolution, so maybe that's why we see New Mario Bros in the background.

I don't see what makes it automatically fake though, nor what's so special about the interface of the menu. Either way, the guy that took the photos would've lost his job. I tried to take a picture of the t.v we were playing The Outfit (X360) on back in Dec and THQ told me not to leak the photo. I'd only imagine Nintendo would be much harsher.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
No.1 said:
I don't see what makes it automatically fake though

If the TV shot was really a second feed of what was projected, it means Nintendo weren't capable of lining up the projector with the screen and the projected image would carry on over the man. The image is cropped.

It's also a bit of a coincidence that the TV shot and the projected shot are identical, even down to what is selected, even though they would have had to have been taken at different times.

Hyoushi

jarosh said:
Well, it's fake anyway. But just look at the shadow of that guy's left arm and hand. That shadow is so clearly fake, it hurts.
No wai!!! You mean the projector isn't placed from above and the right? Why that's standard placement when you want to make a presentation. It is also standard procedure to stand in front of said projection!

Edit: Also: "Management" is misspelled "Managment" :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

FISSION MAILED

/thread

Sunski

The Only Proof needed -

The picture of New Super Mario Bros is pure stock footage that you can find on the second page of Google Images when you type "New Super Mario Bros". What would the chances be of Nintendo showing a static screen example and then what would the chances be of their rolling footage being snapped at exactly the same point as that stock image?

Xrenity

Nash said:
If the TV shot was really a second feed of what was projected, it means Nintendo weren't capable of lining up the projector with the screen and the projected image would carry on over the man. The image is cropped.

It's also a bit of a coincidence that the TV shot and the projected shot are identical, even down to what is selected, even though they would have had to have been taken at different times.
From the forum thread:
Beats me. I know as much about that as you do. Well, it could have been a maximum resolution problem.

It was video, but like I said in another thread, the game screen was paused, and the cursor never moved from that bottom icon.

edited for my bad grammar, sorry about that. As for the legitimacy, I know people know that Nintendo is known for secrecy, so what I was viewing could have very well been a mockup intended for people like me.

All I'm trying to do is spread what I saw to fellow gamers =P
The Managment typo says enough though ;)

genjiZERO

Fake as the orgasm I gave your Mum.

But just look at the shadow of that guy's left arm and hand. That shadow is so clearly fake, it hurts.

the first thing that came to mind when looking at it

No.1

You guys should be detectives, half the stuff you pulled out of the pictures I didn't even realise after looking over them for a third time...

genjiZERO

No.1 said:
You guys should be detectives, half the stuff you pulled out of the pictures I didn't even realise after looking over them for a third time...

The more you use Photoshop the more sensitive you become to its subtleties... or not so subtleties

Chittagong

Gold Member
If that'd be genuine Nintendo would have a retarded UI designer. There is absolutely no point in having WLAN signal strength indicator so prominent on a stationary device. You don't need to see it, it's clutter. See Xbox 360, it's in the network setup menu.

Well that, besides the million other giveaways. Nintendo fanboys never stop doing Photoshop mockups. Where are the SonyWorld mockups!??

qirex

Matlock said:
You'd think a UI designer could make better fakes. ;)
Hey man I didn't make these I just like know some people in the industry because I'm like a moderator on a very important website.

Top Bottom