• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

And we're off! Nintendo 3DS Pre-order lines forming in Japan.

"um is this the line to pre-order the 3DS?!"

"Hai!"

"Are you being polite or is that a yes?!"

"Ano...hai!"

"Which one?"

"Ano..."

"ARGHHHH!"

Kenka

Can't the Japanese boycott the 3DS because of its price ?

This thing will cost more than a PS3 when it launches in my country. If past experiences are repeated, 3DS will cost the equivalent of 417 $ at launch. That is just ridiculous.

Please Japanese people, ditch this piece of hardware and ask for a price drop before launch, please.

Kenka said:

This thing will cost more than a PS3 when it launches in my country. If past experiences are repeated, 3DS will cost the equivalent of 417 $ at launch. That is just ridiculous.

Please Japanese people, ditch this piece of hardware and ask for a price drop before launch, please.
*Japanese people start getting in lines just to preorder the device*

"WWWWW"

cvxfreak

Kenka said:

What does your country have to do with the buying power of consumers in Japan? :p

AniHawk

Why For? said:
Holy fuck.

A line to pre-order a month before the console comes out?

That is a new level of heavy.

I took these pictures when we were reserving the Wii at our store (I think it was the middle of October and launch was 5 weeks away)

21e47k9.jpg

33jsbhy.jpg

We had 36 systems to sell and they were gone an hour before doors opened that day.

Kenka said:

Why would the Japanese care about you or your country?
Why don't you simply boycott the device until NoE gives a MSRP for the 3DS?

Gravijah

AniHawk said:
I took these pictures when we were reserving the Wii at our store (I think it was the middle of October and launch was 5 weeks away)

http://i53.tinypic.com/21e47k9.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/33jsbhy.jpg[IMG]

We had 36 systems to sell and they were gone an hour before doors opened that day.[/QUOTE]

that sure is a lot of people lining up for pet grooming

Baki

Kenka said:

It is 5,000 yen cheaper than a PS3 in Japan. Plus Japan is handheld country. 3DS is the successor to the most successful gaming system of all time.

If you want someone to boycott the 3DS. You're going to have to rely on the west.

Baki said:
It is 5,000 yen cheaper than a PS3 in Japan. Plus Japan is handheld country. 3DS is the successor to the most successful gaming system of all time.

If you want someone to boycott the 3DS. You're going to have to rely on the west.
'

And that seems unlikely.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Why For? said:
Holy fuck.

A line to pre-order a month before the console comes out?

That is a new level of heavy.
it's an old level of heavy. when has this not happened in the past 20 years?

Kenka said:

I see you have an appropriate amount of cheese to go with your whine.

Varion

The idea of queueing up to preorder this seemed slightly crazy until Amazon JP opened up its preorders like 40 minutes ago, the site was absolutely hammered before about 10 minutes ago closing up and reporting that they were sold out. Sofmap's reporting that it's sold out online too, and opened up preorders at about the same time.

Thought it'd be okay after Amazon UK and US are still taking preorders hours after starting, but nope, Japan really wants this.

P90

Kenka said:

I'd much rather that OPEC capped the price of oil to under $100.00. There's my whine. Cheese and crackers are tasty.

Empty

Kenka said:

i've always wondered what the 'i'm an expert' post would sound like if it were written by a downtrodden european gamer bearing the scars of poor treatment by platform holders.

Varion

cvxfreak said:
Amazon JP got hammered. Tried adding it to my cart and using one-click, but to no avail.
Yeah, tried both (I didn't have any one-click settings so had to try and make those in the middle of it), got through various stages of the order with all kinds of errors being spit at me (we're terribly sorry, random UTF stuff, thousands of amazon logos, random deletions from my cart) before it finally flickered between out of stock and in stock a few times and died :/

Checked Sofmap and it's the same, just checked Yodobashi Camera's site and sure enough, they're sold out too. Only know one guy who got in on Amazon, one-click immediately the second they started taking preorders. He went to check his order to see if it had got through and the errors had started already. So...

P90 said:
Amazon soooooooooooooooo beats those long lines.
Yeah, about that!

1-D_FTW

Chakan said:
Pre order lines for a 300 bucks (in Japan) portable.

End of the world.

Dollar-to-yen doesn't change for the Japanese. One yen is still worth one yen no matter what the dollar is doing. If anything, it makes it cheaper since the yen has more buying power now.

antonz

As people have said this is the successor to what most consider the best gaming console of all time. Nintendo is not gonna suddenly get retarded when it comes to first party development and they are courting the 3rd parties harder than they have in years.

So that logic dictates this machine should be even greater.

Kenka said:

I think your maths is a little off.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gravijah said:
what colo
u
r mang????

At this stage Aqua Blue, there's only two so I'm going to end up with a duplicate anyway.

Vanille said:
Amazon started taking reservations back in October.

Vanille said:
DS had 300k units at launch.

Hooray for just randomly making stuff up! None of this is true.

___________________________-

Anyway... Got mine blue(wanted black, so I'll be there launch day)

I think things are a bit overstated, I went to my local Tsutaya 2 hours after they opended and was still able to get my pre-order.

Wow Japan. I did not expect this. I got out of work today and walked to my local TRU close to my station at like 2:30 and it was sold out! I'm just perplexed how people could've gotten out of work to do this shit cause TRU opens at 9.

anyways, I walked over to my local Daiei supermarket and just reserved it there with no money down. They said they'd hold it for me for a day. I got a blue one. They had both colors available and I guess a lot of units left cause I asked if my friend can come pre-order later and the clerk said yes.

Haha, glad I got my preorder in on Dec. 26th :)

I would hate to live in Japan and be stuck in a line to just preorder a system.

Euro prices seem to be £229.99 and €249.99

i went to bic camera at 1.30pm today and pre-ordering took about two minutes, though a bunch of people were doing the same thing. they just had a lot of tills, is all.

Guevara said:
Waiting in line to preorder. Gamestop just jizzed in their pants.
I waited five hours in line to preorder my Wii at Gamestop. Well worth it to know weeks ahead of time that I was guaranteed a launch system.

MidnightScott said:
I live in the US, GameStop.

Oh lol. Nah, for the US I have two pre-ordered on amazon. Will cancel one if my sis says she doesn't want it though. I doubt there were any lines being formed for the US pre-orders. Japanese people just love to line up for shit, even if they don't know what it's for. It's like, why the hell will you go all the way to the most popular one for it, when you know there's going to be a line.

Top Bottom