• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

BamYouHaveAids said:
It's not even a major point, people are just cracking jokes, yet some of you are getting awfully offended over here.

"YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND YA OLD GEEZER!" Proclaimed the thirteen year old gaffer.

The only one getting offended is the guy who's using all caps to get to show his roid-rage.

And I really don't understand the contempt for Hipsters that some GAF-fers seem to have. So they dress in a way that's different from the rest of us. So what? If it's meant to be a joke then it's a really weak joke.

Funtruck

Banned
Replicant said:
The only one getting offended is the guy who's using all caps to get to show his roid-rage.

And I really don't understand the contempt for Hipsters that some GAF-fers seem to have. So they dress in a way that's different from the rest of us. So what? If it's meant to be a joke then it's a really weak joke.
I can get the contempt for Hipsters, it's not just the way they dress but the way they behave.

Most of them are huge douchebags.

Another problem with those skinny-@$$ skinny jeans, with the rolled up cuffs... how in the F*CK is he supposed to get those off in a hurry to change into Spider-Man? How are we supposed to believe that he is comfortable wearing a full bodysuit under such constricting pants?

F*cking idiot hipster Spider-Man. >:|

Yes, that last bit was a joke. The first part was being serious, however.

big ander

Looked closer at the pictures: I know a ton of people who I'd call nerds and who would call themselves nerds who dress like that.

big ander said:
Looked closer at the pictures: I know a ton of people who I'd call nerds and who would call themselves nerds who dress like that.
Clearly you are surrounded by hipsters, and once you can count more than 6 hipsters in your surroundings, there's a 97% chance you yourself are also a hipster. Oh, and scum.

oatmeal

Banned
I would have preferred if they future proofed the wardrobe a bit. This fashion is certainly going to be dated soon.

They should have gone with Jeggings and Nirts.

Replicant said:

Anyone that criticizes his clothing is either a social outcast or steroid abusing nitwit?

You hipsters are so crazy. Ima blog about this post on my macbook air, while listening to vinyl Beatles albums (the less popular ones) after I ride my one speed bike to the nearest Starbucks in my finest scarf. You will rue the day you made baseless accusations on the internet, which is seemingly the thing that angered you in the first place. How . . . ironic!

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
BamYouHaveAids said:
Anyone that criticizes his clothing is either a social outcast or steroid abusing nitwit?

You hipsters are so crazy. Ima blog about this post on my macbook air, while listening to vinyl Beatles albums (the less popular ones) after I ride my one speed bike to the nearest Starbucks in my finest scarf. You will rue the day you made baseless accusations on the internet, which is seemingly the thing that angered you in the first place. How . . . ironic!
Did hipsters kill your parents? It is ok, you can tell us.

Replicant

BamYouHaveAids said:

2z4a241.gif

BamYouHaveAids said:

Fail.

We don't drink Starbucks.

G-Fex

Spike Spiegel said:
Another problem with those skinny-@$$ skinny jeans, with the rolled up cuffs... how in the F*CK is he supposed to get those off in a hurry to change into Spider-Man? How are we supposed to believe that he is comfortable wearing a full bodysuit under such constricting pants?

F*cking idiot hipster Spider-Man. >:|

Yes, that last bit was a joke. The first part was being serious, however.

He'll wear the spider-man costume to be ironic.

Spike Spiegel said:
I'm sure that instead it's some obscure little coffee shop you've probably never heard of.

Pretty much. ;-)

I actually have no problem with Starbucks. I mean, they started the coffee revolution and everything, but I do have my favorites in Seattle that I'd much rather go to.

BamYouHaveAids said:

Well, you know more a lot of hipsters than I do. Wait a minute...

YOURA HIPSTRE!

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
After Spiderman 3 jumped the shark I was kind of glad to hear about a reboot and, for the most part, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. The only thing that's bothering me is the suit. Maybe it looks better in motion but in stills something just seems off about it.

Some sweaty-balls Spidey pics I didn't see here:

spl274515_009-wm900.jpg

spl274515_008-wm900.jpg

spl274515_005-wm900.jpg

spiderman_412x650.jpg

article-0-0BE255C200000578-214_224x470.jpg

emma-stone-050111-6.jpg

Interesting choice of clothes?

death-of-gwen-stacy.jpg

For the hell of it

148830-31693-mary-jane_super.jpg

And some trivia

goblin-gwen_480x480.jpg

Yes. Norman Osbourne had sex with Gwen. Impregnated her with two children.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I just watched the social network... and now I'm feeling pretty convinced that Andrew Garfield will make a fine Parker/Spider-Man, and his acting isn't half bad at all. I'm also loving that costume now - although I imagine it will look far better on film. Set shots always look awkward.

Although I don't think Webb will be able to direct an action sequence like Raimi, I'm loving the fact that The Amazing Spider-Man seems to be relying a lot on practical stunts rather than CG.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
it seems fine to me. He's a high school kid. As much as you might hate it, that's how high school kids (even nerds) dress these days.

I wouldn't know, I don't hang around high schools perv.

big ander

oatmeal said:
I would have preferred if they future proofed the wardrobe a bit. This fashion is certainly going to be dated soon.

They should have gone with Jeggings and Nirts.
Can I wear this condom?
Not INSTEAD OF PANTS.
Souldriver said:
Well, you know more a lot of hipsters than I do. Wait a minute...

YOURA HIPSTRE!
And now you know all that information too, which makes YOU a hipster.
It's spreading.
Salvor.Hardin said:
Some sweaty-balls Spidey pics I didn't see here:
Oh christ cannot unsee.

Salvor.Hardin said:
Yes. Norman Osbourne had sex with Gwen. Impregnated her with two children.
So if I'm reading this right she: attempts to manipulate Spiderman into proposing to her, leaves for another continent, has sex with his best friend's dad whom she acknowledges is a horrible hateful person, births his two children, cuts their father out of their life, and then attempts to make Peter Parker raise the children of his best friend's father by making him believe that he is the father?

It's like every negative female stereotype rolled into one person! She is what people pretend Betty Draper is!

BamYouHaveAids said:
So if I'm reading this right she: attempts to manipulate Spiderman into proposing to her, leaves for another continent, has sex with his best friend's dad whom she acknowledges is a horrible hateful person, births his two children, cuts their father out of their life, and then attempts to make Peter Parker raise the children of his best friend's father by making him believe that he is the father?

It's like every negative female stereotype rolled into one person! She is what people pretend Betty Draper is!

Seriously. That's just...wow. Kinda sours the whole outlook on Gwen as a character.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I don't really get the hipster conversation that just happened over the past couple pages. I live in Los Feliz... come here and we'll talk about hipsters. I see the ugliest/weirdest shit all day without even trying.

Parker is wearing mismatching socks? Black rimmed glasses? Are you fucking kidding me? This is a big deal? He's got a pair of dirty nike's on...He looks like a legitimately poor kid, not one who's trying to be poor (ie hipsters). Come here and I will show you the hideousness of true hipsters. I don't even understand what you guys are talking about.

Satch

Banned
DOO13ER said:
After Spiderman 3 jumped the shark I was kind of glad to hear about a reboot and, for the most part, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. The only thing that's bothering me is the suit. Maybe it looks better in motion but in stills something just seems off about it.
If it just had the belt going all the way around the front, I think I would be satisfied with it.

The lack of the belt in the front just makes it look wrong, but I can't really put my finger on why exactly that is.

BamYouHaveAids said:

She has sex with Osbourne and then goes to Europe to have the children. Apparently she was attracted to his "inner strength and magnetism". The worst part? Mary Jane is the one that tells Peter, after years of being married to him, only after he's confronted by his children. And he goes ape shit and starts breaking furniture and crying into MJ's arms. Aside from ruining the characters, it also created unneccessary context as to why Osbourne murdered Gwen. It was a lot stronger when the reason was simply to piss off Spider-Man.

It's convenient then, that the same writer (J. Michael Straczynski) later realizes just how big of an abortion the story line was, and decides to retcon not only all of his work, but every Spider-Man story line since Peter Parker first got married way back in 1987.

Poyunch

Salvor.Hardin said:
She has sex with Osbourne and then goes to Europe to have the children. Apparently she was attracted to his "inner strength and magnetism". The worst part? Mary Jane is the one that tells Peter, after years of being married to him, only after he's confronted by his children. And he goes ape shit and starts breaking furniture and crying into MJ's arms. Aside from ruining the characters, it also created unneccessary context as to why Osbourne murdered Gwen. It was a lot stronger when the reason was simply to piss off Spider-Man.

It's convenient then, that the same writer (J. Michael Straczynski) later realizes just how big of an abortion the story line was, and decides to retcon not only all of his work, but every Spider-Man story line since Peter Parker first got married way back in 1987.
So it's no longer canon? That's good.

Salvor.Hardin said:

Goddamn. Talk about trolling, it was such a troll even the creator couldn't go through with it.

G-Fex

So that's the jackass responsible for One more day?

Probably one of the most hated comic writers I know of.

SolKane

I've never seen GAF this out of touch and cranky before. Damn, go back to Matlock if you got a problem with the wardrobe. This is how teenagers dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom