• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabyskra

Banned
I am tired of arguing this topic. Too simple put all camera sensor use the same BGRG arrangement like pentile because human eyes are more sensitive the green color. You don't know what you are talking about.

I'm talking about letters rearrangement. It's bullshit and you think it works because you saw a paragraph worth of four letter words...
Want an example?

rngmrraaeeet.

Donos

I'm talking about letters rearrangement. It's bullshit and you think it works because you saw a paragraph worth of four letter words...
Want an example?

rngmrraaeeet.

it's not only if they are short words but also if the words are rather common (or in common use of the reader) and you read it in context in a sentence.

Husker86

After the last week using the One S in the pentile screen I can honestly say I don't know what all the fuss is about. Am I blind or something, because I'm not seeing anything different when not using a microscope.
I can tell it's pentile on my Galaxy Nexus. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, but it is noticeable.

tino

Banned
Want an example?

rngmrraaeeet.

OK, let me rephrase my argument.

Resolution of the letters has nothing to do with readability.

I deal with low-re text in CLI and high-re text in outlook everyday at work.

Sai

So, can anybody give me the word on that new Asus Transformer Prime—the TF700T? I've been eyein' the TF201 for a few months, then I heard about this new model with the 1920x1200 screen(and improved wi-fi, right?)... Did Best Buy do any preorders for the TF201? Any chance they'll do it for the TF700T?

So, can anybody give me the word on that new Asus Transformer Prime—the TF700T? I've been eyein' the TF201 for a few months, then I heard about this new model with the 1920x1200 screen(and improved wi-fi, right?)... Did Best Buy do any preorders for the TF201? Any chance they'll do it for the TF700T?

June 10th in Italy, elsewhere...

Cipherr

Embarassing. Can't believe a site actually put that up, even as a joke. SOBIASBRO.

I love the intro "Even though I may seem to be bias against Apple, you know.... thats like, not..... not necessarily the case"

Yeah, real convincing.

MI CUERPO ESTA LISTO

You ain't lying. I cant wait for this. Its either this or the Sprint version of the One X. If this is better I will switch carriers for this shit.

Embarassing. Can't believe a site actually put that up, even as a joke. SOBIASBRO.

I love the intro "Even though I may seem to be bias against Apple, you know.... thats like, not..... not necessarily the case"

Yeah, real convincing.

You ain't lying. I cant wait for this. Its either this or the Sprint version of the One X. If this is better I will switch carriers for this shit.

watched all 4 videos... he was pretty unbiased!

Cynar

Is there a good voice to sms app? I would like to just be able to launch the app and then have it confirm before it sends the text by having me say "send text" like on windows phone.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Is there a good voice to sms app? I would like to just be able to launch the app and then have it confirm before it sends the text by having me say "send text" like on windows phone.

Lots of apps have a confirm before send feature. Do you mean re-read it out to you and you verbally approve it? Or just read it on the screen, then verbal confirmation before sending?

Alright, I'm a new Android user.

What is the best way to sync my ICS Android phone to my Macbook? I want my phone's pictures on my laptop and of course the iTunes music on my phone, preferably the playlists as well.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind, when I connect my phone to my Mac I do get an option to mount as a USB device and I get to copy my photos and Music.

AndyD

aka andydumi

What is the best way to sync my ICS Android phone to my Macbook? I want my phone's pictures on my laptop and of course the iTunes music on my phone, preferably the playlists as well.

Any suggestions?

As to pictures, at least going to a Windows PC, I prefer to use Dropbox with auto upload. It auto syncs your media folder to dropbox. So all pictures/videos you take. And you can set it to do it via wifi only of you wish.

I used to use the G+ auto upload to Picasa, then use the Picasa app to download just what I wanted on my local PC.

zbeeb

As to pictures, at least going to a Windows PC, I prefer to use Dropbox with auto upload. It auto syncs your media folder to dropbox. So all pictures/videos you take. And you can set it to do it via wifi only of you wish.

I used to use the G+ auto upload to Picasa, then use the Picasa app to download just what I wanted on my local PC.

DoubleTwist?

These two are what I would recommend also. Unless Google Music Manager also works for mac, thats another option.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind, when I connect my phone to my Mac I do get an option to mount as a USB device and I get to copy my photos and Music.

iSyncr

jokkir

In going to try using Chrome instead of the default ICS browser for a bit. Does anyone know how to make Chrome full screen and make the scrolling down pages faster?

Cynar

Lots of apps have a confirm before send feature. Do you mean re-read it out to you and you verbally approve it? Or just read it on the screen, then verbal confirmation before sending?

either of those is good. I'd just like to have verbal confirmation to send it.

lawd.gif

Bought, I hope they get CM9 on this thing pronto.

If you jailbreak you can customize to your heart's content.

so, if a jailbreak is available for that specific device and you don't mind depending on ifit;s tethered or untethered and have to deal with the consequences if it's tethered and you want to void your warranty, you can do stuff that's like what you can do out of the box on another OS... ok! and Android isn't fragmented if you root and flash CM9.

so, if a jailbreak is available for that specific device and you don't mind depending on ifit;s tethered or untethered and have to deal with the consequences if it's tethered and you want to void your warranty, you can do stuff that's like what you can do out of the box on another OS... ok!
Yeah if customization is your main concern, Android all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom