• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

THRILLH0

Banned
Are there any strong opinions regarding the S4 vs the Xperia z1 as I've got a choice to upgrade to either of these.

I know it's early days for the z1 so the rom scene isn't all that happening but I'm not too sure if I'll even bother as rooting has apreviously caused issues for new with GOOD, even with hideroot apps.

I should also note I have owned a Galaxy s2 previously and don't have a vehment objection to touchwiz

Are there any strong opinions regarding the S4 vs the Xperia z1 as I've got a choice to upgrade to either of these.

I know it's early days for the z1 so the rom scene isn't all that happening but I'm not too sure if I'll even bother as rooting has apreviously caused issues for new with GOOD, even with hideroot apps.

I should also note I have owned a Galaxy s2 previously and don't have a vehment objection to touchwiz
Z1 has a Snapdragon 800.

Truck containing 22,500 LG G2 phones goes missing

A truck containing 22,500 LG G2 smartphones was stolen on the way to its destination in Louisville, Ky., CNET has learned. The phones were on their way to Sprint, which is expected to launch its version of the G2 early next month.

The phones were stolen at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at a truck stop in Gary, Ind., an LG representative confirmed to CNET. The driver left the truck for a bathroom break, and upon returning, found the vehicle missing.

The Indiana and Illinois state police have been contacted, as well as the FBI.

i .. uhh ... wow

Fatalah

Even Yelp earnestly waits!
KuGsj.gif

Salsa

you guys been able to move from Galaxy S3/S4 screen size to the nexus?

S3 actually still feels too big for me. Probably gonna aim for that (maybe next-nexus after 5) for my next phone

catmincer

Z1 without a doubt if I had the choice.

ROM scene will start trucking soon. FXP just got a stable build of CM10.2 out so it should all start soon.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Looks like I will be getting an LG G2 as a work phone soon. Looked at reviews online and they were pretty positive. Wondering if there is a dedicated thread for this phone.

wilflare

Good stuff man, enjoy! Probably one of the best purchases I've made all year.

what does the 7 in the Nexus 7 denote? is the next one a Nexus 8? or will there be a Nexus 8?

or is the naming more like Nexus 7 with a yearly refresh or something?

after using my first Android with the Galaxy Note 3, I'm considering putting my iPad 2 out and going for an Android Tablet

Nicktendo86

what does the 7 in the Nexus 7 denote? is the next one a Nexus 8? or will there be a Nexus 8?

after using my first Android with the Galaxy Note 3, I'm considering putting my iPad 2 out and going for an Android Tablet
Screen size

Nakazato

7 means 7 inch

Iacobellis

Screen size like the others have said. Refreshes are denoted with the year after the device name.

tr4656

I'd go for the Z1. It has Snapdragon 800 and the ROM community is growing.

yyzjohn

Banned
I have bought three kitkats.. they all had the same barcode.. :/

Unless I'm stupid.

Canadian ones all have the same UPC code. You just use it each day and hope you win, basically they just randomly assign a winner after you fill out the website page. You don't need to buy the kitkat bars in Canada in order to win.

zedge

The code is on the inside of the package.

Theres been nothing inside the packages. The site says enter the UPC code from the package. ?? Perhaps its different in Canada?

Canadian ones all have the same UPC code. You just use it each day and hope you win, basically they just randomly assign a winner after you fill out the website page. You don't need to buy the kitkat bars in Canada in order to win.

Now it makes sense.

3phemeral

Theres been nothing inside the packages. The site says enter the UPC code from the package. ?? Perhaps its different in Canada?

Now it makes sense.

Oh hm, didn't realize it was different in Canada. I suppose the Canadian one is the same as if you request a code through email without having to purchase the product.

zedge

Wonder if its the same in every province? 05980331 sound familiar to you?

Yep thats it. Normal kitkat, guess the chunky or others would have a different one. Says you can enter up to 5 a day from different products.

Just need to go to the store and get the UPC codes off four other products so I can try five a day haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom