• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

reKon

Banned
6P died at 35% on my commute home. I spent the rest of the time with ear buds in that wasn't playing any music twiddling my thumbs like a dumbass. I think I'll just get the 3T and give my brother the 6P. Relatively cheap and it's very very good from the reviews I've been looking at.

why do you hate your brother?

this_guy

Facebook feels forcing snapchat into their messenger app isn't intrusive enough so now it's in the main Facebook app. Thanks Facebook.

Jeffrey

lmao apparently huawei p10 doesn't have oleophobic coating on the screen? Basically fingerprints and oils stay on the screen? phone costs the same as a samsung or iphone lol

Any europeans can confirm this?

Isn't there some huawei dealer that visits here?

Blackhead

Redarse
Entering text for Bixby
Enter text using the keyboard when you want Bixby to understand you precisely. It is useful when you are in a noisy environment that interferes with voice recognition.
1. Tap in the Bixby conversation window.
2. Enter text and tap
Bixby already more useful than Siri
and Google Assistant

Laekon

lmao apparently huawei p10 doesn't have oleophobic coating on the screen? Basically fingerprints and oils stay on the screen? phone costs the same as a samsung or iphone lol

Saw this one one of the first reviews and wondered if it was just a review unit issue. Not that you can get the phone in the US anyways.

NeOak

new flagship chips are kinda pointless unless you care about photography or mobile vr (lol).

2016 brought us SD625: which on stockish android is basically the same experience as a SD820 outside of games and HDR processing, with tremendous System on Time.

i'm more curious about battery life for the new 10nm process than benchmark times.

Uh, modem and antennas?

So one plus 3t isn't sold in AT&T store is it? Can't believe I am getting fucked over for considering unlocked and now with them locking features to branded devices I have to go back to their bloatware

Ayyyy

Welcome to the US carrier land.

Bixby already more useful than Siri
and Google Assistant

You can't do that on them?

W
T
F
?

Cortana does that o.o

Too much to hope that the 120 premium the g6 gets from AT&T doesn't apply to the s8. I think that'd be my final push to go with the g6 if this thing costs like 900 with tax for the base model

If this was an Apple feature, there would be four different threads and a million articles about the future of touch interface in phones. Goes to show how far HTC had fallen. Nobody, even in this thread, thinks they can find an interesting user case for this. Sad. I loved my m8 back in the day and I wanted a 10 badly but the price was too high.

ZoeTropes lol

Furyous

The P10 is $300 cheaper than an iPhone 7 and S8, according to sources. It's available via Unlocked mobile has the p10 for around $514 without VAT. The lack of oleophobic coating is a borderline deal breaker but the device comes with a screen protector on the device so don't take it off and you'll never know it lacks the coating. I'm a fan of the p10 by the way not a huawei dealer.

new flagship chips are kinda pointless unless you care about photography or mobile vr (lol).

Now WE GOT BEEF GOTDAMMIT.

New flagship chips will be pointless when every device comes with four days of battery life and 20 hours of SOT. Who uses their screen for 20 hours? Someone that spent over $700 off contract for a device that only gets OS updates for two years that's who. Fuck getting left behind when Daydream becomes the standard and everyone hits 800 nits of brightness and a high quality DAC. I want all the power, all the cores, all the SOT, all the battery life, and gigabit wifi.

Will be interesting to see if Samsung implemented a way to not have letter boxing on youtube videos. My interest in Samsung is pretty much at 0 without an unlocked bootloader and root though.

ty_hot

6P died at 35% on my commute home. I spent the rest of the time with ear buds in that wasn't playing any music twiddling my thumbs like a dumbass. I think I'll just get the 3T and give my brother the 6P. Relatively cheap and it's very very good from the reviews I've been looking at.

3T is amazing but the camera is considerably worse than the 6P one (maybe the nexus's screen is also better which makes the difference more noticeable), but still good for the price. Other than that, awesome experience, and we have Nougat 7.1 with march security update already.

How does the OP3T camera compare to the S6/S6Edge/Note5?

I'm guessing it is no match for the S7/S7E, but I don't want to get a phone which goes backward in camera quality. (I think I can live without wireless charging.... just)

Ahasverus

Just wanted to chime in and say that I pulled the plug and installed the open source version of Android N on my Moto G3.

Holy shit, it runs iPhone smooth and a world of difference compared to stock m.

God bless Android open nature.

ty_hot

How does the OP3T camera compare to the S6/S6Edge/Note5?

I'm guessing it is no match for the S7/S7E, but I don't want to get a phone which goes backward in camera quality. (I think I can live without wireless charging.... just)

A few photos I took in the last weekend:
http://imgur.com/a/m5JiJ

(got the photos from Google Photos so they lost a little of the quality, plus the quality loss from using imgur as well.

Its great during the day, gets considerably worse in low light (decent though).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

2016 brought us SD625: which on stockish android is basically the same experience as a SD820 outside of games and HDR processing, with tremendous System on Time.

i'm more curious about battery life for the new 10nm process than benchmark times.

There's still a lot that can be done, but I doubt the 835 fixes it all.

Read/Write speed still has ways to go. Multithreaded/Core is solid, but single core still lags. Bandwidth could still be improved.

Oh and more effective switching between BIG little as well as spinning up and down as needed.

I also still think Chrome has a long way to go and a lot of performance on Android isn't the chipset, but rather Chrome.

Feels like also since even base line 430 phones have better GPUs these days that Google should try and leverage more GPU acceleration in the OS.

Tim Baxter was at breakfast.

A nice lady beat me to asking the important question.

The answer was "traditionally, the S releases in spring and the Note releases in fall"

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
C8F7nfZV4AE2duy.jpg:large

LG

stop

Top Bottom