• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android overtakes Symbian as world's best-selling smartphone platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
rezuth said:
Fair enough but I fail to see how its bigger unless you are somehow counting area.
We're talking about the Xperia X10 Mini, right? It's bigger than the iphone because its small height and width don't make up for it's large thickness (assuming wikipedia is correct).

rezuth

Bungalow Bob said:
We're talking about the Xperia X10 Mini, right? It's bigger than the iphone because its small height and width don't make up for it's large thickness (assuming wikipedia is correct).
I'm not a math genius so maybe I missed something but the iPhone is certainly bigger and its harder to hold, the compactness of the X10 Mini makes it seem a lot smaller. While its not a lot smaller it certainly is a bit by the quick math I did in my head, are you 100% sure its not smaller?

rezuth said:
I'm not a math genius so maybe I missed something but the iPhone is certainly bigger and its harder to hold, the compactness of the X10 Mini makes it seem a lot smaller. While its not a lot smaller it certainly is a bit by the quick math I did in my head, are you 100% sure its not smaller?

Ya, the iphone's smaller than the Mini because it's so much thinner. But they are different shapes so it's not surprising that some people find the Mini more comfortable to hold.

Lyphen said:
There really isn't. Tell me, as an Android user, what the positives are of handset diversity when all I experience is handset incompatibility.

You can get a cheap phone or a pricey one, one with a keyboard or without, with a giant screen or a slim phone.

Edit: After reading more of the thread-- people are ridiculous. I know iPhone users who love their phones, and I know Android users who love their phones. The opponents of each woudl have you believe that they are somehow awful.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Ignatz Mouse said:
You can get a cheap phone or a pricey one, one with a keyboard or without, with a giant screen or a slim phone.

Edit: After reading more of the thread-- people are ridiculous. I know iPhone users who love their phones, and I know Android users who love their phones. The opponents of each woudl have you believe that they are somehow awful.
Exactly both are great OS's. I happen to like Android more, but can acknowledge that ios is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom