• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angie Tribeca |OT| Police Squad! With Rashida Jones And A German Shepherd - Mondays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have cable so I hope they will be available via streaming or digital download soon. I love this type of humor and I'm a big Rashida Jones fan

I don't have cable so I hope they will be available via streaming or digital download soon. I love this type of humor and I'm a big Rashida Jones fan

I don't know what your data situation is with your provider, but look into SlingTV. It's $20 a month for the main package with a few optional extras. The main package has a pretty good selection of channels. That's my main method of viewing TV now.

There are some annoying technical issues, though. So it certainly isn't perfect. But you do get a free 7 day trial too. So worst case, you can sign up for an account to at least catch this marathon.

I don't know what your data situation is with your provider, but look into SlingTV. It's $20 a month for the main package with a few optional extras. The main package has a pretty good selection of channels. That's my main method of viewing TV now.

There are some annoying technical issues, though. So it certainly isn't perfect. But you do get a free 7 day trial too. So worst case, you can sign up for an account to at least catch this marathon.

I've heard of SlingTV but haven't signed up for that free trial yet. I will have to end up checking it out sooner rather than later at this rate. Thanks!

Alfred Molina has really been the highlight of the show for me so far. And the coroner is pretty funny too.

They are the best parts.

There is a gag later where Alfred uses one of those motorized stair chairs for old people. It is just him riding the chair down for 30 seconds. He plays it straight too, so it is just him wasting everyone's time.

That and the rookie throwing up after seeing anything always makes me laugh.

saunderez

Alfred Molina has really been the highlight of the show for me so far. And the coroner is pretty funny too.

Alfred Molina has made me lose it multiple times, I was laughing so hard I missed the follow up jokes. Loved the part in the first episode where
he is looking at the note they found and ends up playing the claw game for way too long. Loved the look on Angies face while he was doing it too
. His gag in the wedding planner episode was brilliant too.

This show.....

element

This is exactly the type of comedy that I have been waiting for.

First 60 seconds killed me.

Hoffman holding the punching bag.

Even the 'FORD' in ads made me laugh.

Didn't catch everything from the start but have watched a handful of the shows. I like it. It's funny. It's not Police Squad funny but it's pretty good. Kudos to them for pulling it off and going whole hog.

Durock

Not able to watch it right now, but
I was filmed in an episode in November where they are running around pulling off masks of random people in search of someone. Has this episode been shown yet?

Edited.

DiscoJer

I really could have done with the constant romantic subplots between her and her partner.

It seems like very show with a female lead, they have to shove in a romantic subplot. But you didn't see that in Police Squad (well, no female characters) or Sledge Hammer

I really could have done with the constant romantic subplots between her and her partner.

It seems like very show with a female lead, they have to shove in a romantic subplot. But you didn't see that in Police Squad (well, no female characters) or Sledge Hammer

The romantic subplot is clearly not meant to be taken seriously, it's just parodying another aspect of cop shows

Chris R

Only watched three episodes so far, haven't laughed this much in a long time (well, for the first two, third wasn't as funny).

I'm enjoying it for sure though.

Kibbles

How exactly do we watch this episode by episode besides DVRing it all. Clearly I can't stay glued to the tv for 25 hours and I don't want to jump in the middle of it now.

Just saw the first ep. While this probably won't go down as one of my all time favourites, it's still pretty great. I lost it at how much they committed to the ridiculous chase scene.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ventroliquist episode was pretty amazing. Very happy a show like this exists at all. Rashida Jones is just infinitely likeable. She's a female Paul Rudd.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did you notice the car changed each time?
Yep. To a new Ford, I assume. lol
(I don't know shit about cars)

I think for me, Brooklyn 99 is probably as absurd as I can handle before the show starts getting a bit too much. The pilot episode with the extra long parkour foot chase was unbearable after 30 seconds.

J.EM1

Watched the first five episodes last night then fell asleep (not a binger lol). Really enjoying the gags, especially all the scenes with Alfred Molina.

SURGEdude

How is it past episode 1? Watched that and didn't really enjoy it. Maybe it was just that I wasn't really in a comedy mood, but it felt really forced.

garath

I'm a lover of the old naked gun and airplane! Movies. I will watch this. My wife will hate it.

I hope it's pretty good. It takes a particular delivery and pacing to hit the button.

Dereck

This show is definitely sticking to a certain type of humor. I don't particularly find this show hilarious at all, at this point I'm just sticking around for Cole and Rashida. I'll probably finish up the season since it's available to me.

Futurematic

Well damn, I don't think I could have ever expected that actor in the grocery store.

Much like Police Squad (since I watched that much more recently than Naked Gun or Airplane) plenty of jokes miss, but overall this is pretty solid. I'm excited for season 2… in a couple weeks, now that's bold scheduling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom