• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe finally review a souls game

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Greg Miller fanboys attacking Angry Joe?
How about both are cringe?
Cringe Reaction GIF

Airbus Jr

Banned
Not sure I understand the dislike for AJ. Yes, he makes rant videos, and in reviews of games he doesn't like, he will go on tangents here and there. But the majority of the dialogue in his videos is just in-depth review discourse. Like everyone else.

I get if people don't like him, but people are acting like he's non-stop shouting at everything, which is just not the case. His schtick may be a tad old hat now, but that's not really a big deal when he still has a massive audience.
When Era attacked Joe couple years ago strangely people here are siding with him

Strange i know

SLB1904

Banned
People like him right up until he gives their favorite franchise a 4/10 and then constantly bring this exact point up every time someone mentions him.

What did it for you?
He don't play games, other Joe does the job for him and we he dies he suck so bad lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nah, I don't really jive with this.

Guys a bit nerdy but I stopped caring about that a long time ago. He's built a successful channel by putting a bunch of work in with his friends, and he doesn't do embarrassing early access reviews.

Angry Joe is cool as ****.

the-man-in-the-arena-speech-daring-greatly-quote-by-theodore-roosevelt-eva-kondzialkiewicz.jpg
Not dismissing his grind or grift, just that I find grown men who have not evolved passed that angry teenager schtick, kind of cringe.

I'd rather devote an hour or more of my time arguing with y'all on here. 🤭
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Last edited:
This might ruin some arguments here, but I've noticed many people on this forum don't do any further research than first impressions. I just wanted to say that Angry Joe now puts in his thumbnails when he's going to do the angry shtick(he's been doing this for a few years now) by either putting 'angry rant' or 'epic fail' so that people know to expect him doing the typical angry stuff with yelling:

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

When they're doing reviews, quick reviews, reactions, and news segments, the 'angry' part before review is merely a brand recognition thing and not actually meaning he's angry with every review. You even see him smiling in some thumbnails:

Ej_Mui5X0AAjdG_.jpg

Just wanted to clear that up, but I don't think drive-by posters will care too much. Anyway carry on.

Mozzarella

I loved Elden Ring and i like AngryJoe.
But the review was lame, one of his worst ones.
First its based on Alex gameplay not his, second it didnt discuss the game enough it was discussing things around the game, third the comedy was far worse than other games.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm down to watch as the game looks boring to me but at least he can rage explain it to a heathen like me.

Fools idol

Banned
what ever happened to the sexual harassment case this guy was involved with? Pretty sure it was him a couple years ago right?

nemiroff

Gold Member
What's with the Angry Joe Cancellation going off in here? Normally thit sort of shit would be seen in that other form :p

I think Joe is a good guy at heart, but with a history of stepping into minefields with his political ignorance. I think that's where some of the resistance stems from. I'm not a fan of his skits but I recognize that he puts effort into creating his content, and he certainly doesn't deserve cancellation.

Last edited:
what ever happened to the sexual harassment case this guy was involved with? Pretty sure it was him a couple years ago right?

From I can remember the evidence ended up being faked or something and nothing came from it.

Pretty sure he wouldn't still be doing what he's doing on youtube if it ended up being legit.

Tomcat

I watched it and it feels like he was "forced" to like it more than actually liking it just so he doesn't lose some of his fans. Also yeah , the new format sucks. Old Joe would've given this an 8 or 7. He was clearly influenced by Alex who is obsessed with the game.
Yeah it was obvious that he wanted to please the fans of this game. Especially since it was his first soul game review. So even if it seemed he was going to give it a 9 maybe he gave it a 10

Top Bottom