• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves is the Most Preordered game on Playstation

GHG

Adam Sandler Comedy GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

Killjoy-NL

Makes sense.

US is Xbox strongest market and there’s probably a lot of people who jump from Xbox to Playstation since last-gen who are looking to play SoT on Playstation.

Would be more interesting to see pre-orders in mainland Europe and Asia.

Last edited:

Markio128

It’s no.1 in UK pre-orders too. I wouldn’t get too excited though because I don’t think digital pre-order numbers hold much weight. I mean, there can’t be that many folk who pre-order a digital game?

Thedtrain

Cool, I played this on pc when it first came out but there wasn’t a ton to do. Reading all the changes, looks like I need to give it a go

Gojiira

Honestly it just shows the ones currently popular with preorders, nothing to do with their overall preorder numbers…Wait until sales figures come out, guaranteed Dragons Dogma 2 sold more on PS5, and guaranteed Stellar Blade did too..

Good.

Any success of trash games like this means Hellblade 2 and Indiana -which is the the only Xbox games I'm interested in- will be coming to PS5 fastly.

Last edited:
Nadella will love it.

Spencer and Bond not so much. Guess they wanted to be proved wrong - that the titles wouldn't sell.

Expect floodgates to open soon if this is just to test the water.
I don’t know why they would be mad, the entire point of their business is to make money who cares where it goes lol

midnightAI

A six-year-old Xbox game is pre-ordering more copies on PSN than Rise of Ronin, Stellar Blade, or Dragon's Dogma 2.

Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU
All those games you mention are physical also. I have Ronin and Stellar Blade on physical pre-order. Digital only will have higher digital preorders (obviously). So I dont think its that unusual to be honest.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
ok so that means starfield is pretty much coming to PS, phil is not going to let go of the sales profit

maybe gears of war as well

Last edited:

Aion002

Probably only last until the Black Flag remake hits. Everyone will be on that when it arrives.
As a Black Flag fan, I sure hope so. But current Ubi....
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

I only hope they improve the graphics and don't make everything else worse.

Anyway, Sea of Thieves is an amazing game and Ubi already proved that they don't know how to do a fun online multiplayer pirate game. So, on this type of game, Sea of Thieves is king.

Last edited:
Top Bottom