• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe's Top 10 Disappointing Games of 2017

D3SCHA1N

The microtransactions in Shadow of War were a non-factor. You could easily get 100% completion without spending a penny on loot crates. The biggest issue with Shadow of War is that its scope far exceeded the longevity of its gameplay. The first game was around 30 hours long and that was a good length. The sequel is over twice as long and the game simply doesn't have enough depth or variety to sustain that duration. Same could be said for ME:A.

Can't argue with that, I'm still not done with Shadow Wars which is undeniably a grind, but I've not been tempted to forego said grind, by spending money in the market. The Shadow Wars bit is really just for the people who like playing the game after finishing the story, which is exactly why I'm still playing it (off & on, not exclusively.) I don't disagree that micro-transactions in a $60 game is lame AF, but when they're non-invasive like SoW's, I'm not gonna boo-hoo about it. I'm sure they made a decent amount of money off it by people who actually used them, but I never felt inclined to do so... The issue I think is less that devs are putting them in there, and more that there are people who are paying for them. Obviously when there is money to be made, they're going to keep doing it.

Zimmy68

Disappointed that half of his games aren't real games.

Ghostbusters VR? One of the worst of the year? no duh.

Z3M0G

Disappointed that half of his games aren't real games.

Ghostbusters VR? One of the worst of the year? no duh.
Star Trek VR was in his top 10 best. He feels that VR games are real games, as do I. I purchases Star Trek VR yesterday, cant wait to start it!

Zimmy68

I guess I realize that his list is the games he played but when I have to go to google to look up half of them, it kind of loses the luster.
Maybe that is why he came up with the disappointment list.
I still don't know why he wastes so much time with PS2 graphic, low budget games then he calls them the worst?
Is that like picking the smallest kid in school and beating him to a pulp?

Top Bottom