• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
lol at mcdonalds toys! Nice jab at todays pre-order/special edition bonuses!

I wish game companies had awesome prizes like those today.... *looks over at PS Blog, sees code for $10 downloadable (ie non-existant) game* -.-

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I had Earthworld and Fireworld. As a kid, I loved these games for some reason but I could never figure them out!

This was a different kind of episode. He was really calm but I loved it because it brought back a lot of memories of my childhood.

Oh my god. I had the second one he played when I was a kid. Had no idea there was a contest behind it, but I probably bought the game on the cheap way after it ended anyway.

The sound effects haunted my childhood, and it all came flooding back with his video :(

Wow pretty cool and informative! i never heard about the game or the promotion so this was a pretty cool watch!

"The bearer of that sword must be found! the kingdom of Nerdom depends on it!!"
:lol :lol :lol

AniHawk

I really liked that one. It's a nice change of pace from his usual stuff. The one I have is Fireworld. Loved it as a kid, and I had no idea it was part of this bigger quest. That shit's awesome.

Carnby

The Nerd is right. i played Earthworld when i was 7 years old, without instruction or the comic. i had no idea what was happening. i just remember being mesmerized by the flashing lights when the clues were given.

Good episode, Nerd.

rezuth said:
Great episode but I'm not surprised, all the episodes that lack acting from him and his friends are great.
True but that Batman one was pretty hilarious the first half, then it just got repetitive.

When I was a kid I got Fireworld, couldn't find any clues at all. Then I found Earthworld at a yard sale, found tons of clues, but I didn't have the comic for that one :( And I would never have noticed/gotten the clue about prime numbers back then.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
gketter said:
man that was some serious treasure

makes achievements seem a bit empty :lol

Best we could do now is that Old Spice thing... which was what? A copy of Fusion Frenzy 2?

I've heard about the games before but not the contest surrounding it. Although I suppose that's what "pro gaming" is for nowadays.

Amalthea

Banned
So he practicaly says that we should break into this guys house and steal the remaining treasures? :lol

EDIT: He seems to live in Monte Sereno, CA.

Alex

A Link to the Snitch said:
The top 10 thing automatically sucked because of Stuttering Craig. It didn't need him to give vague, unfunny commentary before each clip.

I felt this way too, I turned it off because of that.

A Link to the Snitch said:
The top 10 thing automatically sucked because of Stuttering Craig. It didn't need him to give vague, unfunny commentary before each clip.
So true. I don't even watch Screw Attack's Top Tens or even Video Game Vaults anymore because of the commentary.

Waikis

whooosh, this reminds of "the Majestic".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_(video_game)
Majestic was a science fiction thriller based on a Majestic 12 shadow government [visiting special websites. Gameplay frequently involved the player receiving clues that they would use to solve puzzles and unravel the story. All the messages were automated, with limited dialogue options, but AIM provided some interactive conversations. As an option to warn unsuspecting members in the same house you could enable a warning at the beginning of each phone call, and a small message on the top of all faxes. When this option was enabled, each phone call would begin with a woman saying "This is a phone call from the video game Majestic", before the regular, prerecorded message.

XonoX

Great episode. I didn't know any of that.

I'd love it if GAF could find a way to interview Tremell so this story can find some closure.

$200

Banned
Holy shit they gave away two $25000 prizes? How can a series with comic books, contests and prices not have a Wikipedia page?

Edit: never mind I fail

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I check this thread I have a brief second where I think "Holy shit! Demi is back???" and then I realize I clicked the first page.

JayDubya

Banned
Those games were very, very poor, but I loved the comics. Granted, I was like 6 or 7 when I played / read them, which means that Atari had been dead and the contest over for quite a while.

Also, fuck Ninja Gaiden 1. Srsly. >_>

Jex

Not very entertaining epiosde, only interesting from a historical perspective. Still that was presumably the point of the episode anyway.

I actually remember reading about these once in some game informer mag

Such a cool concept. Apparently the guy who won the Earthworld contest melted down the prize and sold it to pay for school :lol

Top Bottom