• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

I CRAVE Kabuki in my town. He'd fit so well.

Also, super jelly of the Metroid. I have a wide, fine selection of Link Pants and Mario items if you'd consider a trade.

I apologize, but I am keeping the Metroid. Really the first cool thing I got from a fortune cookie. All Mario/Zelda stuff.

You can come over tomorrow and try to make Kabuki move to your town, though. Don't know the times I will be on tomorrow. Probably between 3-4pm EST and then after 9pm.

CGD2-60879.jpg

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_originaltitle=Animal+Crossing&pagemax=30

Alrus

So far the two new villagers who moved in suck :( There's this smug looking mouse (he's actually pretty nice but I hate his look) and this biker looking dog/fox (which I never really talked to but I don't like his leather jacket).

Why can't Hamsters or Penguins move into my town :(

I apologize, but I am keeping the Metroid. Really the first cool thing I got from a fortune cookie. All Mario/Zelda stuff.

You can come over tomorrow and try to make Kabuki move to your town, though. Don't know the times I will be on tomorrow. Probably between 3-4pm EST and then after 9pm.

Believe me, I do not blame you. I'd covet it like nothing else.

That'd be cool! Not sure on how I go about it but I'll figure it out. Thanks!

I know we've been over it a lot in this thread, but does anyone have some tips for what I should be doing on the topical island to catch the best bugs? Feel like I'm missing the trick here.

What I do is grab a diving suit, a fishing rod and a net. I chopped the banana tree at the front of the island down, as it is in a really awkward place to catch bugs. Then I would make circles around the banana trees. Don't approach the trees from behind, always from the front. You never know if a golden stag or hercules is on one.When you've finished with one side of the palm trees, cut through the middle of the island and walk up the other side.

Rinse repeat. Watch out for sharks for cash on the side, if things just aren't spawning, try going for a swim and catching some seabed dwellers. When returning from the sea, enter at the tree you cut down. If all else fails, renter the island from the lobby for the bugs to reset.

Also, don't run unless you can see the trees in front of you.

I hope this helped.

Edit: golden stags and hercules beetles are really really sensitive, so when catching, move the circle pad very very slightly when creeping with the net.

Gvaz

Banned
Is there a good way to get the medals on the island? I thought only beginner gave low but I just did a couple of higher tier ones and still shit medals. I need 40+ for some items but that seems pretty annoying at the 2-6 you get per tour.

What are the easiest/most efficient ones to get gold at and good medals at least?

Official planting is pretty easy. 3 minutes for 8 medals rather easily (with bell boom)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I planted a bunch of trees from fruit yesterday, all in the same pattern on the ground, but some of them are dead this morning. There's no discernable reason why some are dead and some are alive - they're all the same distance apart from each other and other objects.

Do some trees just straight-up not make it randomly?

Edit: also, when the hell does the Nook kids' store upgrade?

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
I planted a bunch of trees from fruit yesterday, all in the same pattern on the ground, but some of them are dead this morning. There's no discernable reason why some are dead and some are alive - they're all the same distance apart from each other and other objects.

Do some trees just straight-up not make it randomly?

Edit: also, when the hell does the Nook kids' store upgrade?

I know there's a limit to how many trees you can plant. Maybe you need to cut some down?

Edit: Actually, I don't remember where I got this from. Disregard me.

suzu

Does Sable just not let you use it, or does she hide it from your sight just because you're not friends with her?

She just acts the way she did before you became friends with her ("...."). And yes, the machine just sits there. lol

Wait there is a tile limit?

Yes. 10. Although you can store them with Mabel and then use different ones... but whatever patterns you put down will be replaced with the new ones.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
When do the following unlock?

• QR Machine
  • New Nook kids' store
  • Whatever place has KK
  • Uhhh… other cool things? I don't care about spoilers.

suzu

Soooo. For those who made extra characters to hold patterns (and are still unlocking the QR machine):

If you have the Dream Suite unlocked, you can also go to dream towns on the new characters and get patterns from Wendell the walrus.

----

When do the following unlock?

• QR Machine
  • New Nook kids' store
  • Whatever place has KK
  • Uhhh… other cool things? I don't care about spoilers.

Well if you don't care about spoilers, you should take a look at this guide then. lol

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, caved in and purchased this...digitally.

I love they added a feature to save your data to the 3DS for downloadable games, I purchased Layton long ago, and had to delete it to make room, unknowingly deleting my progress as I didn't realize that it didn't automatically store the data on the system. So I deleted NSMB2 and kept my data safe and sound when I download it again, sweet.

I loved the original Animal Crossing, liked Wild World, didn't touch City Folk even though I purchased it. Here's hoping I can re-feel the magic of the original.

Dacvak

Are there multiple save files in this game?

Anyone happen to have a mixed wood floor? I CANNOT find one anywhere. If someone wanted to sell me one or even just let me catalog it, I'd be grateful!

Hey guys, Mallary wants a Dorado and I actually just managed to catch one. Should I give it to her? Will she give me anything good in return?

Mallory is a duck right? Dorados eat ducks, don't do it!
If you do give it to her, she probably won't give you something of equal value, no. Sell at Re-tail or museum it, and forget she asked.

mattchuuu

Neo Member
Alright guys, my town's turnips are going for 591 bells. If you're interested in stopin' by...

My town is not a night owl, so as of this post, there is only 2 hours left before the store closes.

My FC is 0302 1072 3582, and the town name is Spraíúil.

I'll open my gates at 8:45 CST, giving anyone interested 45 minutes to add me and give me their FC. I only have 10 3DS friends, so there's plenty of room for anyone that wants to take part. I'll leave the gates open at least until the store is no longer open, but I'll be studying.

.. If any of you have oranges or peaches, I'd appreciate one!

mb.exe

After single-handedly obliterating the local sea bass population, I too finally caught a (2!) coelacanth

My t-nipz pattern so far:

Bought at 96
Mon: 45/42
Tues: 38/35
Weds: 32/29

After realizing I couldn't wait for the QR machine I finally decided on a path pattern. After searching online I decided to mix a few I saw and this is the result:

BNKlIunCcAAu-3R.jpg:large

BNKlZqACEAA3MMi.jpg:large

Satisfied, for now (takes a few pattern slots, created a new character). Maybe when I get the QR I'll change it, but I'm growing attached to it.

PS: Don't mind the saplings + town project. Town heavily under construction. xD

Socreges

Banned
You guys are going to hate me.

I never tried to catch a coelacanth. I'd hear about it here and thought I'd try eventually. Read last night that it had to be raining for it to appear. Five minutes ago I start playing and notice it's raining. Alright, time to go fishing. Literally one minute later a fish appears, I throw out my line, it bites, I reel it in.... Coelacanth! :D

Guys, if I create another character to hold patterns but I already placed my paths with my main character... Would I have to place them AGAIN with the second one? (After I transfer them). I'm guessing this is the case since they're associated with my first character. Ugh.

My path patterns take up 9/10 slots and I wanted to have some custom design signs as well :(

Alright guys, my town's turnips are going for 591 bells. If you're interested in stopin' by...

My town is not a night owl, so as of this post, there is only 2 hours left before the store closes.

My FC is 0302 1072 3582, and the town name is Spraíúil.

I'll open my gates at 8:45 CST, giving anyone interested 45 minutes to add me and give me their FC. I only have 10 3DS friends, so there's plenty of room for anyone that wants to take part. I'll leave the gates open at least until the store is no longer open, but I'll be studying.

.. If any of you have oranges or peaches, I'd appreciate one!

Adding you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom