• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
oh god this ugly thing is back
BNKomkiCUAAMngi.jpg

suzu

Guys, if I create another character to hold patterns but I already placed my paths with my main character... Would I have to place them AGAIN with the second one? (After I transfer them). I'm guessing this is the case since they're associated with my first character. Ugh.

My path patterns take up 9/10 slots and I wanted to have some custom design signs as well :(

Probably. D: Which is why I'm not doing any major path stuff right now.

Razorskin

----- ------
Alright guys, my town's turnips are going for 591 bells. If you're interested in stopin' by...

My town is not a night owl, so as of this post, there is only 2 hours left before the store closes.

My FC is 0302 1072 3582, and the town name is Spraíúil.

I'll open my gates at 8:45 CST, giving anyone interested 45 minutes to add me and give me their FC. I only have 10 3DS friends, so there's plenty of room for anyone that wants to take part. I'll leave the gates open at least until the store is no longer open, but I'll be studying.

.. If any of you have oranges or peaches, I'd appreciate one!
Interested, add me back please 4957 - 3039 - 0831

Kid Ska

The first official meeting of the Oakland men's club, featuring myself and my boys Moose and Hugh.

BNKrG-QCYAEPSAH.jpg:large

ramyeon

Diving is so cumbersome and unnecessarily difficult. I just tried it for the first time and couldn't catch anything at all.

If I have no time preference for my town, what is the best ordinance for me? I want to go for the town beauty one, but I'm willing to be sold on wealthy...

Ok I am pretty sure that it has been asked already but the topic goes so fast and the word "Turnip" comes up so much with the search function.

Can someone explain me what is the deal with turnips? It is something that goes back to the older games (I ask because you can ask Reese for the daily price as a specific question, like if it's a running gag at the same time)? Will it become obvious to me as I advance in the game?

Thanks for any explanation provided! Oh and I caught my first shark! 15 000 bells.. that was almost half of my loan! Paid in full on day 3, I am happy!

Ok I am pretty sure that it has been asked already but the topic goes so fast and the word "Turnip" comes up so much with the search function.

Can someone explain me what is the deal with turnips? It is something that goes back to the older games (I ask because you can ask Reese for the daily price as a specific question, like if it's a running gag at the same time)? Will it become obvious to me as I advance in the game?

Thanks for any explanation provided! Oh and I caught my first shark! 15 000 bells.. that was almost half of my loan! Paid in full on day 3, I am happy!

First time AC player, but Turnips have been hammered into me pretty regularly.

Turnips go on sale on Sunday. Joan the Boar lady sells them. The price for them is random and you can carry a ton of them.

After Sunday, Re-Tail starts buying Turnips for random prices. It's usually lower than what you bought them for. But sometimes it's CRAZY high and you make a huge profit. The price changes every day.

Turnips wither away after a week or if you Time Travel. It's basically a gamble, unless you have an awesome big community like this one. Someone's bound to have a good price, go to their town, profit.

Kid Ska

You buy them from Joan on Sundays from 6-Noon. They go bad in a week. You check the prices at Re-Tail all week and try to sell them for a profit.
It's the "Stalk Market".

Salsa

tumblr_moo4qeIYmk1sv134do1_400.jpg

forever working on tiles

you know how pro designs let you save like 4 sides of a shirt?

why not do that with path tiles and let you save all 9 angles into 1

why

why

First time AC player, but Turnips have been hammered into me pretty regularly.

Turnips go on sale on Sunday. Joan the Boar lady sells them. The price for them is random and you can carry a ton of them.

After Sunday, Re-Tail starts buying Turnips for random prices. It's usually lower than what you bought them for. But sometimes it's CRAZY high and you make a huge profit. The price changes every day.

Turnips wither away after a week or if you Time Travel. It's basically a gamble, unless you have an awesome big community like this one. Someone's bound to have a good price, go to their town, profit.

Corrections:

Joan buys anywhere from 90-110.

The price Re-Tail buys at changes twice a day. One when the shop opens, and then once again at Noon.

The price Re-Tail buys for isn't necessarily random. Patterns exist. Though one pattern is entirely random. Assuming the formula remains unchanged from the Wii version you can try to figure out your weeks pattern with this tool: http://www.kurtboyer.com/guides/AnimalCrossingCityFolk/StalkMarket/#turnips

It was right for me this week, but that could be coincidence.

Corrections:

The price Re-Tail buys at changes twice a day. One when the shop opens, and then once again at Noon.

The price Re-Tail buys for isn't necessarily random. Patterns exist. Though one pattern is entirely random.

There's still more to learn! GODDAMN THIS GAME.

You just need to get ahead of a moving shadow then dive and tap A really quickly. It is cumbersome but after a while you get a knack for it.

Oh I know. I've caught 50% or so of the things. But it isnt fun. :(

Finally mayor. How much do citizens donate for projects, really? I imagine I'll probably have to pay for it mostly myself anyway.

Next to nothing. Maybe a few hundred bells every couple of days. It sucks. This is like a Libertarian fantasy where you COULD go Galt and fuck over the entire village by leaving. These villagers make no money.

ramyeon

The weather in my town has been abysmal these past few days :( non stop rain every day. Makes me not want to do anything, but I just scheduled the next upgrade for my house, a second floor. And the gardening shop opened up which is something. Can't wait for the store upgrades though, I really want more choices when shopping.

ramyeon

This x100
I've only tried a few but I found the Easy Scavenger Hunt a great way to farm for medals to get the club tortimer application. Most of the time the stuff would be in the first few houses I checked and a gold medal gives 9 medals each time. I'm sure there are others that give more though.

Acerac

Banned
You just need to get ahead of a moving shadow then dive and tap A really quickly. It is cumbersome but after a while you get a knack for it.
If the shadows didn't move nearly as fast as you did while submerged with better maneuverability and the ability to disappear with barely a moment's notice I'd likely not mind so much. As is, I still have yet to finish finding all the underwater animals or meet up with that otter because I'm just not having fun chasing octopi til they run out of bounds.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, started up...

Town's name is Icarus (I really like Kid Icarus, KidzIcarus is my Wii U name), while I named my character Tendou. Went with the cocky lazy-eye look to fit that.

Starting at night's no fun though, every-thing's closed. So all I've done is picked a place for my house (right next to the train station),

Can you visit random town's over WiFi, or do I need friend code's to go anywhere? May as well explore since my town's just starting up.

Betty

Banned
Well, started up...

Town's name is Icarus (I really like Kid Icarus, KidzIcarus is my Wii U name), while I named my character Tendou. Went with the cocky lazy-eye look to fit that.

Starting at night's no fun though, every-thing's closed. So all I've done is picked a place for my house (right next to the train station),

Can you visit random town's over WiFi, or do I need friend code's to go anywhere? May as well explore since my town's just starting up.

You need friend codes to visit other peoples town, and they need yours too.

How close can trees be planted? I'm working on my orchards, and I don't want to waste all the foreign fruit I've collected on the chance I'm planting too close or whatnot. I'm leaving a space inbetween each tree, so that it is like so:

X 0 X 0 X
0 0 0 0 0
X 0 X 0 X

and so on. That's not going to screw me over, is it?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You need friend codes to visit other peoples town, and they need yours too.

Man, I was kind of interested in random town hopping.

Oh well, once I get everything set up I'll visit some GAF towns.

What's recommended to do at the start of the game? I guess gather fruit and buy the basic tools, right?

zroid

Banned
How close can trees be planted? I'm working on my orchards, and I don't want to waste all the foreign fruit I've collected on the chance I'm planting too close or whatnot. I'm leaving a space inbetween each tree, so that it is like so:

X 0 X 0 X
0 0 0 0 0
X 0 X 0 X

This would be fine, but if you make another row below that, I believe you may get screwed

Staggering the rows by one grid space would alleviate this problem

Insaniac

X 0 X 0 X
0 0 0 0 0
X 0 X 0 X

yes thats the closest you can plant trees to each other. Be aware though that if you shake fruit from trees and there aren't enough spaces around it for fruit to land, the fruit will disappear

ramyeon

Just got a god damn pirate hat from the island.

BNKyVzaCQAAV_PL.jpg

Also ran into Gulliver for the first time and discovered he was on his way to Peru because he has an odd fetish for Alpacas.

BNKypRJCAAE2GAI.jpg

Corrections:

The price Re-Tail buys for isn't necessarily random. Patterns exist. Though one pattern is entirely random. Assuming the formula remains unchanged from the Wii version you can try to figure out your weeks pattern with this tool: http://www.kurtboyer.com/guides/AnimalCrossingCityFolk/StalkMarket/#turnips

It was right for me this week, but that could be coincidence.

That is so cool. Has anyone else used this?

Unicorn

Anyone have a train set furniture item? Tomorrow is Graham's birthday and he seems to be really into trains. I had this item toward the beginning of the game, but it was before Graham moved in so it is long gone and sold.

Dev1lZ

Banned
Alright guys, my town's turnips are going for 591 bells. If you're interested in stopin' by...

My town is not a night owl, so as of this post, there is only 2 hours left before the store closes.

My FC is 0302 1072 3582, and the town name is Spraíúil.

I'll open my gates at 8:45 CST, giving anyone interested 45 minutes to add me and give me their FC. I only have 10 3DS friends, so there's plenty of room for anyone that wants to take part. I'll leave the gates open at least until the store is no longer open, but I'll be studying.

.. If any of you have oranges or peaches, I'd appreciate one!

I added you. I have dem oranges. FC: 1977 0159 7473

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom