• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

Usually Redd sells them and your villager might sell you one, both may be fake. Silver axes bought on the Island can take more hits and you get the golden axe by
buying 50 seedlings from the Gardening Store.

Who is Redd? Does he/she randomly come into the town like the turnip lady?

FrsDvl

To all fellow Canadians. The animal Crossing meetings start today. I'm getting ready to go and be one of the first 50 to get whatever they give away.

Repost from OT Today I started sponsoring a mini game in my town.

I create one unique floor tile in a difficult to see area (mine was a star). I leave a prize next to it, as hidden as possible. I left instructions on my town bulletin board to go seeking the special tile, and to post if they got the prize. I provide all prizes.

So far, everyone has enjoyed it.

Feel free to annex the idea, particularly since we can't all fit on the same friends list.

Calling for more pointless mini game ideas?

Bii

I got a perfect orange today. Anything in particular I should do with it?

Plant it and you'll get more perfect oranges. That tree will die away after a few pickings, though. You should plant another before that happens.

RagnarokX

The island is broken.

I made like 300K yesterday.

It's not super broken considering the amount of stuff they added for you to spend those bells on. You get a bronze medal for depositing 1 million bells in the bank, so they must consider that low.

SmithnCo

Is there a good guide to farming on the island? Which bugs and fish to go after, etc.

The gist is that expensive bugs are more prevalent on the palm trees on the beach. So, you want to scare away cheap bugs and catch the big beetles that appear on the palm trees. To minimize cheap bugs appearing, it is suggested to cut down non-palm trees, and even cut down south beach palm trees because they take more effort to check.

Dicer

Banned
Kraftwerkin it up...
tumblr_mohxla7fM01sv5uqro1_400.jpg

And my Town tune is "The Model"

I'm in search of peaches and pears...I have bananas on my island if someone wants some.

Hit me up and we can swap FC's

Edit: btw this game is....
tumblr_mohxreN2FQ1sv5uqro1_400.jpg

ohlawd

Yes, he will be in the town square on a random day. Joan comes every Sunday so that's not random. :p

Plant it to reap the profits from selling perfect fruits for 3000 in another town.

Turnip lady isn't Random, she comes every sunday 6am-Noon :)

eh you guys know what I meant.

So it's gonna be a while until I've donated enough art to open the museum shop.... lame but I'll look forward to it all the same.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It's not super broken considering the amount of stuff they added for you to spend those bells on. You get a bronze medal for depositing 1 million bells in the bank, so they must consider that low.

Not to mention your home upgrades. The additional rooms all start at 4x4 and each need an individual upgrade to 6x6 and then 8x8. It's 500,000 for the 6x6 upgrade and 600,000 for the 8x8.

Is there a good guide to farming on the island? Which bugs and fish to go after, etc.

Cut down all of the trees and bushes in the middle part of the island. Then, cut down the four palm trees in the southern part of the island. The beetles that will show up on the other trees will be worth between 8k to 12k bells. Also, keep your fishing rod on you too, and catch any sharks that might show up while you're farming (they're worth 8k to 15k bells). Though, if you get a sunfish, I would release it, since it's only worth 4k bells.

Acerac

Banned
Thanks to those who are keeping "spoilers" light in this thread. I understand it's a silly thing to worry about but the discovery is a large aspect of the game for me and many others.

On another note, spent about 850k on turnips today. I actually nearly ran out of storage room.

I'm just about certain that this has been asked before, but can you bring along a friend to the island with you to help out with mini-games and bug hunting?

Roto13

I spent like 700,000 bells today on a public works project, my loan, and turnips. :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I really couldn't be expecting my 3DS XL to arrive any more than I am thanks to this goddamn game.

It's the only reason I bought (imported) a 3DS in the first place.

Cmon mailman, be faster.

Cut down all of the trees and bushes in the middle part of the island. Then, cut down the four palm trees in the southern part of the island. The beetles that will show up on the other trees will be worth between 8k to 12k bells. Also, keep your fishing rod on you too, and catch any sharks that might show up while you're farming (they're worth 8k to 15k bells). Though, if you get a sunfish, I would release it, since it's only worth 4k bells.

But all the large beetles are appearing on the trees in the middle of the island. Why would I cut those down? I don't see any bugs on the palms around the island.

Betty

Banned
Many thanks to Kyzon for letting me journey to his island, I've just been handed the Insect Maniac badge thanks to his help. Huzzah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom