• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animation Domination |OT| Sundays...In Stereo Where Available on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because that wasn't the series finale. The production's are always further ahead. So we'll have how ever many they have left sometime next year, or they could save it if something new flops and they need to fill a timeslot.

Ah, but will they air the remaining episodes? :/

Ah, but will they air the remaining episodes? :/

Most likely. Often there's language in their contract that they have to air all the episodes, but they often do shady things like airing them opposite the opening of the olympics, or world series or some garbage. Hopefully not the case here.

seat

I finally caught up on American Dad, and I have to say I was surprised with how moved I was by the Lost in Space episode. I can't say I've ever thought that way about AD, but the sequence with the Wax Fang song really tugged at my heart strings. I see some here are comparing it to a Futurama episode, which is definitely apt because of the Sci-Fi element, but I think that also applies to the quality of storytelling in that episode as well. I think it is definitely up there with the best Futurama has had to offer.

I plan on watching, but I'm still perplexed as to why they wanted to make an Adult Swim rip off when all the shows that don't fail will end up getting imported to AS anyway. (I kind of feel like this is part of why toonami even got the ok to stay on all night saturday though)

They could have gone a really different route with the pilots and differentiated themselves.

So, did anyone watch "Axe Cop"?

I only caught the last 15 minutes or so, but it was channeling some old "The Tick" for me at least.

Hope to see more!

Phoenix

So, did anyone watch "Axe Cop"?

I only caught the last 15 minutes or so, but it was channeling some old "The Tick" for me at least.

Hope to see more!

The Tick was so so much better. Both of these new shows are the type of crap I would expect on Adult Swim at 3am.

Chris R

Axe Cop made me turn into Fox on Sunday, something that normally doesn't happen until the NFL is back. Thought it was great.

ZoddGutts

Didn't care for either shows, Axe Cop was okay but felt the jokes were off. Wish they could get the guy who made Duckman and J. G. Quintel (Regular Show) to make a series for them. So will this continue on Saturdays nights with just these shows? Don't see ADHD succeeding if that's the case. They need a two hour line up to really compete agaisn't Adult Swim. Heck get Duckman on ADHD.

Cartoon Hangover a Youtube channel that's experimenting with online cartoons have put out really good stuff (besides superf*ckers), their Ace Discovery pilot was far better than both Axe Cop and High School USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdZddYMTCkY

TimmiT

I feel like the Axe Cop adaptation could have been done better. As awesome as Nick Offerman is in Parks & Rec, he's not a good voice actor. The animation is also really stiff.

Both were unmitigated disasters, but I'm not going to completely write them or the block off on a couple of (what I presume to be) pilots. The fact that High School USA! comes from Dino Stamatopoulos (MORAL OREL) is utterly shocking... And Axe Cop, which I had high hopes for, really only works in extremely tiny doses. Once you get over the "cuteness" behind its creation there's nothing left. Also, I love that Nick Offerman was recorded with a tin can on a string, what the heck was up with his audio?

Guess there was a reason AS let Nick Weidenfeld get away.

Bardiche

No excitement for Axe Cop or High School USA!?

Now that the previews have aired, Animation Domination officially launches tonight.
There will be two episodes of Axe Cop and two episodes of High School USA! tonight, each episode being 15 minutes. They will play the episodes alternately, so scheduling is

Axe Cop (15 mins) - HSUSA! (15 mins) - Axe Cop (15 mins) - HSUSA! (15 minutes)

I'm surprised to see that the episodes are 15 minutes. I've always had the impression that they would each be half an hour, but I guess they'll be playing two episodes of Axe Cop and two episodes of High School USA!, totaling to four episodes tonight. Hopefully High School USA! gets better, the preview episode was really underwhelming.

American Dad Previews
This on the other hand was pretty strong throughout.

The part where Steve falls out of Francine's cooter fully clothed killed me. Had to go back a couple of times.
Poo joke, poo joke, jump scare, vomit joke, fish poo fetish joke, another jump scare, dead dad joke, dead squirrel.

That's just the first 4 minutes. I love the show but lately it's been falling, leave the bodily fluid humour to the Family Guy

Sadsic

axe cop was good but not noteworthy really like, like c tier adult swim show

high school usa was like... wtf was that even

Bardiche

I may be in the minority here, but I feel like High School USA! is getting better with each episode. I hope the show doesn't get cancelled.

DJ88

Axe cop has made me laugh pretty hard. The over the top childishness of the situations and dialogue just get me for some reason, and the voice acting is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom