• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animation Throwdown - Mobile CCG featuring Fox cartoons (Futurama, Bob's Burgers...)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/animation-throwdown-quest/id1080816579
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kongregate.mobile.throwdown.google
For the first time ever, five of your favorite animated shows are together in one amazing collectable card game.
FAMILY GUY! BOB’S BURGERS! FUTURAMA! AMERICAN DAD! KING OF THE HILL! It’s ANIMATION THROWDOWN!
Featuring hundreds of your favorite characters and moments from your favorite episodes. Collect character cards, optimize your deck, and create new combos as you fight in an epic card battle bacchanal.
The game may be digital, but the stakes are real!* The fate of the world rests in your hands!**
(*Stakes are not real.)
(**The fate of the world does not rest in your hands.)

STEWIE, BENDER, TINA BELCHER, HANK HILL & ROGER THE ALIEN are all waiting for you! Download ANIMATION THROWDOWN now and start kicking and/or touching butts

- Collectible card battle game.
- Five of your favorite cartoons together for the first time ever!
- Hundreds of cards and combos featuring characters from each show.
- 25 Chapters featuring moments and locations from your favorite episodes.
- Endless hours of play, provided you never stop playing.
- Challenge other players from all over the globe in the multiplayer Arena.
- Collect, upgrade, and fuse your cards to victory.
- Laugh till you drop your phone or tablet into the toilet!
screen520x924.jpeg

screen520x924.jpeg

screen520x924.jpeg

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh, it probably is, but it also has a single player campaign so that could lessen the annoyance somewhat

Futurama: Game of Drones was made with so much love, looked great and was written faithfully and then it just quickly turned into a "you have to get super lucky or spend a bunch of money" and it was so disappointing.

ZeroX03

Banned
First few hours are very generous with resources. Except premium currency, it gives you nearly none of that.

After about two hours the game slows down very quickly. Timers are absurd, an hour and a half for one PvP (actually ghost) battle. Microtransaction prices are robbery. We're talking like $5 per card if you don't buy in bulk. Gameplay isn't deep, easily broken with the right cards. Could've made a good $5 premium experience but alas.

Also very little custom art in the game. All the cards are low res screen grabs. There's a lot of cards and some obscure episode references from fusing cards, so bless the intern who did that work.

Cool idea but not having any Simpsons characters is like Super Smash Bros. omitting the Super Mario Bros. series. It's clearly missing something.

Shoyz

Enjoying this a lot more than I expected. Arena energy regen rate is way too freakin' slow, but the Adventure energy regen is sufficient for a batch every hour.

I wish that this game offered /something/ to do when you used up your energy to progress (besides farming rare 'do x' quests in Practice games). Or allowed you to farm 1 energy Adventures for cards instead of inflating them to much more difficult 3 energy games.

Thankfully the game drip feeds you Epics with the Adventure questline, since my Pack RNG is awful.

Definitely re-roll every Arena opponent until you get one you plan to use. Arena plays are way to scarce, and EXP drops more-so to waste them on useless characters when that money would just grab you junk commons anyways. The first few level-ups are very quick and offer super useful boosts (Randomly dealt damage each turn, Armor, Heals, etc)

Ugh, don't disrespect one of the greatest animated shows of all time, King of the Hill, by crossing it over it with Family Guy (and yes, I know there have been a couple KotH references on Family Guy)

Anyone still playing this? I just started because I saw King of the Hill characters and it's kinda fun, mainly I like the weird references and the fun in seeing what pops out of the research machine when you combine Hank Hill and The Manager Babies.
You get Heavenly Hank
07rwZma.png

lyrick

Anyone still playing this? I just started because I saw King of the Hill characters and it's kinda fun, mainly I like the weird references and the fun in seeing what pops out of the research machine when you combine Hank Hill and The Manager Babies.

I've been stuck on (Ch.14-2) Fry for about a week (Ch.14-3) Leela for about a Day (dude uses nothing but drunk cards & combos and seemingly has only Epic Cards that are leveled and fused and leveled some more...), so I've been farming other Bob's Burger Levels ever since hoping for more 'Epic' Card drops.

So far I've farmed a Louise, 2X Bob's Burgers, and a Burger suit. But that Bob Card and others? are eluding me.
(from quest completion I also have an Epic Amy and Rifle)

So far I have issues with the Arena Timer, the 100 Card limit, the Energy Drop rate, and the laughable daily 10 premium currency daily reward... Can't wait for that premium pack pull in another 1 1/2 months.

Farming for specific cards isn't absolutely awful though as the adventure timer isn't as deplorable as the arena one and after a day or so of attempts I usually walk away with what I wanted.

I Will keep going for the time being, but I'm not sure for how long.

I've been stuck on (Ch.14-2) Fry for about a week (Ch.14-3) Leela for about a Day (dude uses nothing but drunk cards & combos and seemingly has only Epic Cards that are leveled and fused and leveled some more...), so I've been farming other Bob's Burger Levels ever since hoping for more 'Epic' Card drops.

So far I've farmed a Louise, 2X Bob's Burgers, and a Burger suit. But that Bob Card and others? are eluding me.
(from quest completion I also have an Epic Amy and Rifle)

So far I have issues with the Arena Timer, the 100 Card limit, the Energy Drop rate, and the laughable daily 10 premium currency daily reward... Can't wait for that premium pack pull in another 1 1/2 months.

Farming for specific cards isn't absolutely awful though as the adventure timer isn't as deplorable as the arena one and after a day or so of attempts I usually walk away with what I wanted.

I Will keep going for the time being, but I'm not sure for how long.

I've been farming for a Peggy card for a week and no luck :-/

Compbros

This game is starting to get grating, been trying to get Louise and Bob's Burgers for days to no avail and the ridiculous procedures to level up your character in arena are terrible. It's fun but not that fun. I have upgraded Epics and Legendaries and still getting smashed on chapter 19, which is why I'm farming but, again, absolutely zero cards I want. I've played some levels no less than 30 times and still haven't gotten the cards I want.

Top Bottom