• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime japan 2014 SONY VR allow you to step into anime ( into im@s 765 office)

-Horizon-

This thread so far:
w2QRNtz.jpg

jZ77Wnk.png

And soon:
iAJ1oxF.jpg

Excellent.

Branduil

Sorry, but this is something I can't stand about Japan. No wonder they are having such a terribe birth rate, when their youth gets spoiled by all this crazy otaku stuff. I mean, there a so many industries providing this shit, that it's probably pretty hard for an already socially akward person to "escape" all this fake reality.

What Japan needs are "anti-Otaku" measures. Programs to re-socialize those people. VR is only gonna make things so much worse.

Japanese birthrates are exactly what you'd expect from a 1st-world country with extremely low immigration rates. There's no indication that it's caused by "crazy otaku stuff."

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sorry, but this is something I can't stand about Japan. No wonder they are having such a terribe birth rate, when their youth gets spoiled by all this crazy otaku stuff. I mean, there a so many industries providing this shit, that it's probably pretty hard for an already socially akward person to "escape" all this fake reality.

What Japan needs are "anti-Otaku" measures. Programs to re-socialize those people. VR is only gonna make things so much worse.

Or be more open to immigration.

Broritos

Do you consider yourself an expert?

FiggyCal

Banned

About time an expert spoke on the subject.

SnakeEyes

Banned

What you need to have a look at is this then.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Fuck yes.

Umm the actual reason for the birthrate is their work. Starting at like 6,leaving at 9 and drinking with the boss until 12. Then sleep and getup by 4 ready for work.

The work culture is to blame.

Also, combined with women also entering the workforce and where's the time to start a family?
Yup. Overworking in Japan is enough to make a man want to just jump in front of a train. In fact, many men.

And kids. (although not strictly related to overworking).

Zephyrus

Banned
I can see a lot of married men being interested, then.

really? Of humping air? My, what a delight that would be.

You know, it's not hard to get someone of the opposite sex to look at you. Just... hit the gym. Work your body and you'll naturally become more confident of yourself. Women like confidence.

Spoken like a true expert.

GamerJM

Banned
Of course it's a terrible thing! Do you think it's normal for a 30 year old man to still be a virgin, sleep with anime pillows and have "sex" with their virtual girlfriends? Those poor souls need treatment...

This post literally offends me, and I mean this in a completely serious way.

In a perfect society we wouldn't judge others for dreaming to have loving relations with fictional women.

Zephyrus

Banned
This post literally offends me, and I mean this in a completely serious way.

In a perfect society we wouldn't judge others for dreaming to have loving relations with fictional women.

Yeah sure.
We also wouldn't judge people for killing, taking drugs, not doing shit all day...

But alas, society judges you.

If I were a female, I for one wouldn't even look at guys who have their pillow waifus with anything other than disgust.

Mortemis

Banned
A Gundam cockpit VR simulator would be all sorts of awesome when I actually think about it. Kinda like Star Citizen. Damn, I wanna be Gundam now.

mjontrix

cute. Is that supposed to depict me?

My, couldn't be further from the truth.

The gif was much more different than I thought - sorry! And isn't meant to depict you, you need the text with it to make sense.

The point is - where do we define what is real and what isn't.

What I want: To be dropped in the crazy action of stuff like Ghost in the Shell, Eva, and Cowboy Bebop. Or hell, have some experimental VR "experience" in something like Mushishi.

What we'll get: Super Moe NekoNeko Kawaii Waifu Pantsu Hunter.

But, whatever it takes to revive consoles in Japan.

Yeah sure.
We also wouldn't judge people for killing, taking drugs, not doing shit all day...

If I were a female, I for one wouldn't even look at guys who have their pillow waifus with anything other than disgust.

Why are you so butthurt by this thread and the notion that there are men in existence who find virtual women appealing? How does that affect you?

Exalted

Yeah sure.

You almost sound like one of those radicals that judges gays . Let them have their fun and enyoment if they don't harm anybody. Who cares what what other people do.

Yuuichi

Spoken like a true expert.
Armchair experts everywhere are proud.

Of course it's a terrible thing! Do you think it's normal for a 30 year old man to still be a virgin, sleep with anime pillows and have "sex" with their virtual girlfriends? Those poor souls need treatment...
While I do understand where you're coming from, I would like to respectfully disagree. While I can certainly say I have a bias on the other side, I don't see why you necessarily feel the need to impose your lifestyle beliefs on others as long as what they are doing in no way affects you.

Why are you so butthurt by this thread and the notion that there are men in existence who find virtual women appealing? How does that affect you?
I would also like to know this, for more or less the same reasons I just mentioned.

Zephyrus

Banned

It doesn't. Never said it did. Just that I find it wierd how someone would prefer to have waifus, than trying to meet real girls.

I mean what IS the point? Living a lie? Just to escape a reality that only you are causing?

It's sad. Especially when basically all you need to do is improve your looks. Go to the gym. Wear decent clothes that improve your features.

I don't mean any offense to those who have just given up. It's just my honest view.

Gbraga

hYTx6At.jpg

It doesn't. Never said it did. Just that I find it wierd how someone would prefer to have waifus, than trying to meet real girls.

I mean what IS the point? Living a lie? Just to escape a reality that only you are causing?

It's sad. Especially when basically all you need to do is improve your looks. Go to the gym. Wear decent clothes that improve your features.

I don't mean any offense to those who have just given up. It's just my honest view.

It would be a lie for you, definitely, but how can you apply your views of the world through your lifestyle to anyone else? I'm not even talking about waifus anymore, but some people would actually be living a lie when they meet real girls (or guys) just because they were supposed to.

Hattori

Banned

I find it amusing that you actually think people are serious.

Top Bottom