• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters
uFNscBM.jpg
9muEGyU.jpg

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Hardensoul

Most of the time skip isn't as good as Old Piece so enjoy the peak while you're there.
I disagree, Robin Enis Lobbies is very good! My favorite. But there are a lot very good stories and back stories for future characters that are very good on their own right!

Many fans will have thier favorites and some like time-skip better too!

I’m not going to name them because they would be spoilers for who aren’t current! The current arc that’s about to end, the back story is very good too!

This brings me back. It was during this arc that I started reading One Piece weekly. I don't think I could ever binge-watch or binge-read the whole story with how long it has become.

I've been binge reading the whole manga. The story arc that hooked me was the Arlong Arc. I recently got through Water 7/Enies Lobby/Post Enies Lobby and those three combined are my favorite Arc in the manga so far. Just so much twists in the plot, character development, lore drops, etc.

I've been loving Thriller Bark too, it's a fantastic Arc so far.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

I've been binge reading the whole manga. The story arc that hooked me was the Arlong Arc. I recently got through Water 7/Enies Lobby/Post Enies Lobby and those three combined are my favorite Arc in the manga so far. Just so much twists in the plot, character development, lore drops, etc.

I've been loving Thriller Bark too, it's a fantastic Arc so far.
Thriller bark in manga was better than anime! Anime bored me! “Nothing Happened”!

NahaNago

Kinda finished the show The 8th son? Are you kidding me? and was for the most part disappointed. The anime kind of felt like just the basic outline of what I read. I skipped 3 episodes in the middle and I'll finish watching them later today but I don't feel I missed out on much in this dry anime. Also because I know the story. I've been watching a lot more anime of late but none of the major ones.

Last edited:
Anime teaches so many valuable life lessons. Here's a useful one. Earth Magecraft is immensely powerful because you have access to your primary weapons wherever you are. But never fuck with a mage who uses Water Magecraft when it is raining.

My guess is they will use the remaining 6 episodes of Frieren's first season for the rest of the 1st Class Mage test. That means there is a lot of published material left they could cover in a second season.

Delphisage

Making my way through a bunch of Gundams over the past month. The Origin was really fun, 79 was a mixed bag that I generally liked, Zeta was agonizingly dumb and repetitive, ZZ was a mess that got great in its midpoint but fell fast and hard close to the end, Char's Counterattack was like if Zeta got squished into two hours and had no upsides to it whatsoever, and 0080 was okay I guess.

Here's the key visual for “No Longer Allowed in Another World”.

isekaishikkaku0207_19.jpg

More info via reddit:
Broadcast July 2024

Studio: Atelier Pontdarc

By the original creators of Love After World Domination

Synopsis: An adventure in another world with cute girls by your side and video game-like powers—sounds like an anime fan's dream, right? Not so for melancholic author Osamu Dazai, who would quite literally prefer to drop dead. Video games haven't even been invented yet when he gets yanked into another world in 1948. Really, all the fantastical adventure he keeps running into is just getting in the way of his poetic dream of finding the perfect place to die. But no matter how much he risks his hide, everything seems to keep turning out okay. Follow a miserable hero like no other in this cheerfully bleak isekai comedy! (Seven Seas)

Staff:

Director: Shigeki Kawai (Uncle From Another World)

Script: Yasuhiro Nakanishi (Kaguya-sama: Love is War, Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun, My Love Story With Yamada-kun at Lv999)

Character design & chief animation directors: Tomoshige Inayoshi and Asako Inayoshi

Monster design: Kenji Terao

Music: Kenichiro Suehiro (The Eminence in Shadow)

Main cast:

Hiroshi Kamiya as Sensei (Osamu Dazai)

Rumi Okubo as Annette

Sayumi Suzushiro as Tama

Makoto Koichi as Nia

PV 1:

visual landscape ver

ANN article

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/560138

https://isekaishikkaku.com/

Last edited:

Hudo

Just wanted to pop in and inform everyone who is not aware (as I was) that Tsutomu Nihei has come out with something new and legit. Especially if you're into From Software's Souls games. "Tower Dungeon" (タワーダンジョン) the manga is called. It's dope.

That's still ongoing?
Yes, the current series is called Mars Chronicles, it's a long flashback of when Alita was a little girl, but the focus is less on her and more on multiple characters. It has been ongoing since 2016 I think, but chapters are released at a very slow pace, and Kishiro loves his worldbuilding and stuff. I wish this whole arc would speed up and wrap up within the next few years so that the story can return to the present and move forward.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Making my way through a bunch of Gundams over the past month. The Origin was really fun, 79 was a mixed bag that I generally liked, Zeta was agonizingly dumb and repetitive, ZZ was a mess that got great in its midpoint but fell fast and hard close to the end, Char's Counterattack was like if Zeta got squished into two hours and had no upsides to it whatsoever, and 0080 was okay I guess.
Zeta is bad? Gundam ain't for you bro.

Delphisage

Zeta is bad? Gundam ain't for you bro.
I kinda don't have a choice anymore. After seeing a bunch of direct inspirations for Final Fantasy 7 in ZZ and CCA, I feel like I have to watch the whole franchise beyond this point to see what other moments from my favorite games and anime were stolen from Gundam.

Also can you explain why you like Zeta?

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Also can you explain why you like Zeta?
It successfully follows up from 0079 holding a dark tone to the original while successfully carrying over characters from the previous entry and is a grand reintroduction to the UC after 0079 had the plug pulled on it. The series is good but once Haman appears the series gets so much better.

Double Zeta has an amazing opening scenario and after that it's mostly trash. Unicorn is god awful, you've been warned.

Just finished watching Your Name (I've been meaning to get to it for a long time now, but I kept postponing it). I absolutely loved everything about it, from the stunning visuals to the amazing characters and the incredible OST. Loved it so much that I ordered it on UHD blu-ray for some future rewatching lol.

Delphisage

It successfully follows up from 0079 holding a dark tone to the original while successfully carrying over characters from the previous entry and is a grand reintroduction to the UC after 0079 had the plug pulled on it. The series is good but once Haman appears the series gets so much better.

Double Zeta has an amazing opening scenario and after that it's mostly trash. Unicorn is god awful, you've been warned.
So you like it because it's a sequel with a darker tone? I could use that as a defense of Revenge of the Sith for how poorly that stands up to scrutiny.

Also ZZ is unironically better than Zeta for two thirds of its run before it just becomes Zeta again and turns insufferable.

Last edited:
Just finished watching Your Name (I've been meaning to get to it for a long time now, but I kept postponing it). I absolutely loved everything about it, from the stunning visuals to the amazing characters and the incredible OST. Loved it so much that I ordered it on UHD blu-ray for some future rewatching lol.
Your Name is a great movie, but Weathering With You, I still consider his best

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
So you like it because it's a sequel with a darker tone? I could use that as a defense of Revenge of the Sith for how poorly that stands up to scrutiny.

Also ZZ is unironically better than Zeta for two thirds of its run before it just becomes Zeta again and turns insufferable.
No Gundam fan is gonna agree with you bro. Double Zeta is Looney Toons in space.

Top Bottom