• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

Delphisage

The show has a lot of good character interaction like Four Murasame in Hong Kong with Kamille.
That never goes anywhere productive, though. Four's character is a mess, and she loses any redeeming value she had when she's resurrected only to die again. And then they do the exact same scenario with Sarah and Rosamia, and it feels like the writers just have a love of killing women.

Last edited:
MZqoOLR.jpg

G7jZJqm.jpg

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

I really love the double spreads

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
That never goes anywhere productive, though. Four's character is a mess, and she loses any redeeming value she had when she's resurrected only to die again. And then they do the exact same scenario with Sarah and Rosamia, and it feels like the writers just have a love of killing women.
Plenty of male characters die too. I don't see the problem? In the original draft for Double Zeta Emma was meant to survive and be with Quattro but she was still planned to be killed after that. Tomino is a Boomer but him giving women a lot of screen time in shows like this wasn't a regular thing back in the 80s. 🤷‍♂️

Plenty of male characters die too. I don't see the problem? In the original draft for Double Zeta Emma was meant to survive and be with Quattro but she was still planned to be killed after that. Tomino is a Boomer but him giving women a lot of screen time in shows like this wasn't a regular thing back in the 80s. 🤷‍♂️

That guy should just go back to Retardera..

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I just want to enjoy the shows I watch without feeling like I'm watching schlock. Please don't call me a snowflake.
Kinda disrespectful to call the revival project of series that ended up snowballing into a mass multimedia franchise that has millions of fans the world over schlock but aight.

Delphisage

Kinda disrespectful to call the revival project of series that ended up snowballing into a mass multimedia franchise that has millions of fans the world over schlock but aight.
I said I felt it was written like schlock, not that it was or is.

What do you want me to say? Do you want me to apologize for disliking Zeta Gundam?

Last edited:
6Bh7UOu.jpg

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

iGHPWw4.jpg

I have to say Trafalgar Law surprises me, now that I seen the full extent of what he can do with his power, I find him quite badass

Labolas

Yes, the current series is called Mars Chronicles, it's a long flashback of when Alita was a little girl, but the focus is less on her and more on multiple characters. It has been ongoing since 2016 I think, but chapters are released at a very slow pace, and Kishiro loves his worldbuilding and stuff. I wish this whole arc would speed up and wrap up within the next few years so that the story can return to the present and move forward.
Yup, it's the prequel series technically. Kishiro also loves german jargon as well. It sucks cuz Last Order didn't even take this long to come out.

Story Arc Ranking So Far

1. Romance Dawn Arc: A
1. Orange Town Arc: B
2. Syrup Village Arc: B+
3. Baratie Arc: A
4. Arlong Park Arc: A+
5. Loguetown Arc: A
6. Reverse Mountain Arc: B
7. Whisky Peak Arc: B
8. Little Garden Arc: B
9. Drum Island Arc: A
10. Arabasta Arc: A
11. Jaya Arc: A
12. Skypiea Arc: B
13. Long Ring Long Land Arc: B
14. Water 7 Arc: A+
15. Enies Lobby Arc: A+
16. Post-Enies Lobby Arc: A+
17. Thriller Bark Arc: A
18. Sabaody Archipelago Arc: A
19. Amazon Lily Arc: A+
20. Impel Down Arc: A
21. Marineford Arc: A+
22. Post-War Arc: A+
23. Return to Sabaody Arc: A
24. Fish-Man Island Arc: A
25. Punk Hazard Arc: A+
26. Dressrosa Arc: A+
27. Zou Arc: A+
28. Whole Cake Island Arc: A+
29. Levely Arc: A+
30. Wano Country Arc: A+
31. Egghead Arc: A+

Just a PSA

A wild Made In Abyss Chapter has appeared!

Once again there's so much world building each chapter. This time talking about the Souls was an interesting read and really adds to the lore. The art is again beautiful
M1qIV7c.png

I'm all caught up with One Piece. So far Egghead Arc is fantastic
You read the newest chapter?

Blackbeard can now turn one of his subordinates into one of the Gorosei, has at least three road poneglyphs and thanks to that bastard Caribou he will know the location of two ancient weapons. Bro is cooking and definitely leading the race to becoming the Pirate King for now.

Last edited:
You read the newest chapter?

Blackbeard can now turn one of his subordinates into one of the Gorosei, has at least three road poneglyphs and thanks to that bastard Caribou he will know the location of two ancient weapons. Bro is cooking and definitely leading the race to becoming the Pirate King for now.

Yep

Now I'm waiting on Chapter 1108 to come out

vCrE6WF.jpg

So does this confirm that Black Beard has multiple personalities and due to that he can hold more than one Devil Fruit Powers? He uses the Quake Quake Fruit in one hand and the Dark Dark Fruit in the other. Also Black Beard Jolly Roger has Three Faces too

Last edited:

NahaNago

I marathoned the last season of demon slayer and it was good in some parts. The battle just felt drawn out for too long. This season was honestly more of a miss. Next up will be catching up on Jujutsu kaisen, most likely. I still need to finish avatar and the house of ninja though.

I marathoned the last season of demon slayer and it was good in some parts. The battle just felt drawn out for too long. This season was honestly more of a miss. Next up will be catching up on Jujutsu kaisen, most likely. I still need to finish avatar and the house of ninja though.

I read the manga and it's just good. I saw the anime too

Demon Slayer is good but kind of overrated. I would give it an B if I had to give the Manga/Anime a Grade

I love the 3 mains though. Especially the blonde haired coward

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I’m a hundred episodes into Black Clover. All caught up on Mashle. Going to start Blue Lock.
I read 100 chapters of Black Clover in 2019 I don't remember a single thing about it. I'm reading Blue Lock, I liked the anime but the manga feels like it could've ended after 150 chapters.

It is the Jagaaaaaan writer though. Dude is all over the place.

Vyse

Gold Member
I couldn't get into Black Clover, just like Jujutsu Kaison I feel they are the blandest Shonen I have read so far
I haven’t watched a lot of Anime, but enjoy the variation of powers in Black Clover. Super creative. Thought I was nearing the end but realized I have 76 more episodes!

Vyse

Gold Member
I read 100 chapters of Black Clover in 2019 I don't remember a single thing about it. I'm reading Blue Lock, I liked the anime but the manga feels like it could've ended after 150 chapters.

It is the Jagaaaaaan writer though. Dude is all over the place.
Friend of mine loves Blue Lock. My daughter and I are also watching Undead Unluck.

Delphisage

I only watched Black Clover because I heard the dub VAs for Asta and Noelle got married and I had to see their voice acting for myself.
Man it's a letdown how generic their chemistry is. Screaming shonen protagonist and blushy twintails tsundere. I wish I had recs for anime that actually consummated shonen romance before the very end of the show.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Finished season 1 of rising of the shield hero. I liked it but I feel my enthusiasm ebbing to watch season 2.

Just started jujutsu kaisen and have black clover in my queue so looking at the above comments is interesting. Also hit the wall on demon slayer after the train arc.

Might try season 2 of Goblin slayer after jujutsu.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Went from being out of the loop with Shounen shit in 2019 and thinking SJ is something I shouldn't be reading once I hit 30 to reading like 7 series on it weekly with the SJ app now.

Dear Anemone isn't doing anything new but it's dodging very obvious Shounen pitfalls with the direction in the second chapter so I can respect it.

Bought Kagurabachi volume 1 the other week to support it. If it wasn't for the Western audience that series may have very well been cancelled by now.

NahaNago

I read the manga and it's just good. I saw the anime too

Demon Slayer is good but kind of overrated. I would give it an B if I had to give the Manga/Anime a Grade

I love the 3 mains though. Especially the blonde haired coward
Definitely agree on the demon slayer rating of B and it being overrated.

Haven't read the manga yet though.

It does feel like it is getting worse in the anime. Maybe a spin off horror survival with some newbie demon slayer just trying to survive and protect humans until daybreak would work best in a small amount of episodes. Cause the demons right now seem like they can be taken down a lot easier now.

yXzmIkX.jpg

saw this announcement. I read the manga and it has a decent start but kinda fell of near the end. it's still worth a read, especially for the fan service. wonder how good the anime will be thou.

6NXDmeb.jpg

Pluto: B

I enjoyed the art but I felt the pacing to be too slow at times. The story was interesting but the more I read the more I wanted to just finish it. It wasn't bad, I did give a B Grade but it could have been so much better personally

Next Manga I'm Reading

Dorohedoro

Reactions: Fbh
Top Bottom