• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I hate when this happens. Isn’t manga what supposed to be more detailed? Weird.
No David added more to the story in some bits. Like they show who killed Sorbet by showing a clear silhouette when in the manga it was never shown who it was or changing Fugo's backstory. Or inconsistencies like the Nero vs Boss fight when the boss was withing inches of Nero (within range) when he was flapping around in the first part of the fight. In the manga whoever he was clearly 4 feet away.

Mista

Banned
No David added more to the story in some bits. Like they show who killed Sorbet by showing a clear silhouette when in the manga it was never shown who it was or changing Fugo's backstory. Or inconsistencies like the Nero vs Boss fight when the boss was withing inches of Nero (within range) when he was flapping around in the first part of the fight. In the manga whoever he was clearly 4 feet away.
Yeah I noticed all of that. I remember part 4 and 3 had something similar but can’t recall right now

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
That's good though. It means they read the source material and give a fuck. Like when Dio appears in Part 3 and has Pet Shop on his shoulder. It's all cool extras.

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Been watching the Dream Hunter Rem OVAs and boy do they go places. Crazy gory deaths all over the place. Also wasn't expecting that school clock tower to turn into a rampaging giant robot. That show is bat shit crazy for all the right reasons.

Been watching mech shows most of my life. It is the main genre that I love. I was considering watching SSS gridman
It's my favorite genre as well! I'm always watching one mecha show or another. Currently watching Turn A Gundam and I like it so far.
SSSS Gridman is good, not exceptional but you'll probably like it. Too bad it's too short for the variety of mecha designs it has.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Did they release the second part of it yet?

My main gripe with the entire series is what happens next. It starts off good but then...ugh the mangaka turns it to shit. The fact that he made a sequel just to postpone a fight and use more real life people pisses me off to no end. Oh and the jobbing from Muhammad Jr fucking Che and Bush. Like really?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
7ykBOav.png

Man, I'm glad I dropped this when I did lol.

kiiltz

The art and panelling is actually amazing and there's some cool chapters with decent build up. It's also got the "don't under estimate ningens!" trope going for it if you're into that. There's some interesting takes, some not unsurprising, on the political side of things like the various countries power struggle between each other throughout the war with the ooga boogas cockroaches.

It's a stealth Shonen (Jump) manga tho even with the permanent death, so take that as you will. I kinda stopped reading around the 150th chapter or something for reasons that elude me and it's kind of been there in the back of my head to pick it back up.

Here's something I wrote like a year ago

really digging the art style although sometimes it really looks choppy. dunno whats up with that

its mostly formulaic so far? nothing too impressive, mediocre even and goddamn theres a boatload of characters but its cool that he has no hesitations in killing people off. i like that there's a bit of effort done across various things to make it sound cool and plausible and his style of narration, which kind of reminds me of kingdom, keeps it engaging in a way so that its not a complete WORDS WORDS WORDS infodump. also lmao at one point he just goes "i have no words to describe to this". what a madman.

what i REALLY like is how builds a scene with his panelling and spreads and i didnt particularly notice this until he did a couple of pages without words WHICH I LOVE.

Actually now that I think about it I think stopped reading it because KM started being douchebags with their ads.

also I should having fucking realised the author was probably Hara's assistant at one stage.

also also I hate digging up old posts kill it kill it kill it. I was definitely skimping out but I guess at that stage I was tired of nerding out.

Javthusiast

Banned
Can Berserk ever get an anime adaptation like this at least once ffs. It doesn't have to be movie quality, cause that is unrealistic, but at least a competent one. It constantly gets shafted by shit 3d animation etc.

Looking forward to Vinland Saga btw, heard a ton of positive things about it.

Last edited:
Mista Mista and anyone watching JoJo, David Pro did it again this week with the opening theme! Just like Part 4's 3rd opening and Part 3's 2nd opening, the unexpected bonus version is a true creative feat that plays with the fourth wall. I freaking love this kind of stuff, they take the "upgrading the opening theme" trope to a level no other anime has.

John Blade

f73aaf25412d618bd833da1730f1184b1446801079_full.jpg

Synopsis
As the stories of those connected to Wagnaria come to a close, only one thing is certain: the workplace is about to get crazier than ever before! Whether it be incredibly awkward romances, relentless searches for lost relatives, or even uncomfortable family reunions, lover of all things cute and tiny Souta Takanashi and his motley crew have plenty on their plates. With more Napoleon complexes, androphobia, and katana-wielding than you can shake a frying pan at, Working!!! delivers a final serving of the staff's hilarious misadventures working at everybody's favorite family restaurant.

Just have some time to get through Working !!! Season 03 and special and my quick impression when I finish watching this show is how much this season ties up a lot of loose ends you see from season 01 and 02 and try to have a good closures (or try to resolved the issues) for almost every characters arch in the series which actually make the show much better over the season 01 & 02. Keep in mind the first two seasons, the show tend to go to random comedy ( little quirks, gags, personalities, etc) which is a mix result but still fun to watch (or let it on),

Another positive thing I can say about Season 03 is they tend to go into a bit more in characters development and you notice this in almost every characters have a much more better character development. You notice this a bit more in season 02 but this season they're quite a bit which help flush out all the characters arch which is also make the closure much more good to watch.

Still, a good conclusion of the series which is fun to watch and the last season is the best part of the series. Whether I will watch the the spin-off of the series (WWW.WAGNARIA!! ) is another thing to consider but I will have to say, this might be a good ending for this series and move on to other animated show in my backlogged I need to get through (going through the Patlabor TV series right now).

Working-14-f1-700x385.jpg

Mista

Banned
Mista Mista and anyone watching JoJo, David Pro did it again this week with the opening theme! Just like Part 4's 3rd opening and Part 3's 2nd opening, the unexpected bonus version is a true creative feat that plays with the fourth wall. I freaking love this kind of stuff, they take the "upgrading the opening theme" trope to a level no other anime has.
Yeah, it’s one of their signatures that I really love

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It came out in 2015. Season 03 basically have closure of every characters arch in the show and have more character development while throw in some random comedy here and there.
Most of em anyway.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Buy the manga or bd if you like a series. Or a figure! Do not give money to Crunchyroll. Hulu?

John Blade

I guess I will continue watching Patlabor TV show and Kids on the Slope. Need to go back to get through Phantom Memory Kurau as I am around Ep 15 and need to get through it before the end of the year.

kiiltz

whats the better one to sub to crunchy roll or funimation?
Funimation has the better player but it varies from region to region because of international licenses.

If you watch sub tho just torrent unless it's seasonal anime. Fansubs are almost unequivocally superior in translations and even more in quality if they're BD's. Neither of them do OVA's except for maybe a few.

petran79

Banned
Currently I am watching some old series at a slow pace:

Attack no 1: this is the equivalent shojo version of Ashita no Joe. Direction is late 60s all over the place, but characters are very well dramatised and serious. Volley matches and ost are very well mixed too with lots of tension and drama

After War Gundam: same script writer as Nadesico and Captain Tylor, so this Gundam had to pick my interest. Very good pacing so far, too bad it was shortened to 39 episodes, the only one after the original to do so.

Divergence Eve: despite the boob galore this series has a solid scifi plot that barely manages to distract the viewers eyes away from the breasts. If only it had normal bossomed characters it would be more popular

Neo Ranga: underrated Mecha because it does not follow a traditional formula but focuses more on issues few Mecha let alone other genres would touch.

Shangri-la: standard Gonzo action series with interesting world building. Worth watching once.

Cream Lemon: 38 episodes (31 subbed currently), the longest hentai anime. Animation quality is very high for an 80s series, while it also features quality action scenes that would lead many hentai studios to bankruptcy. It includes many genres from romance, fantasy, scifi, comedy, drama, Yuri, incest etc
If more hentai had such a good quality in animation and direction, I'd watch more

Dougram: predecessor to Votoms. 75 episodes full of political intrigue and warfare. I think this will be one of the most memorable series, despite the supposedly large episode number. Epic from the start

Currently I am reading also GTO The Early Years. Had read few volumes right after reading the epic GTO but had stopped at volume 5.now that its complete I'll watch the prequel that is as good and funny as the original

Last edited:
Top Bottom