• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here ever been mugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipopo

Banned
I was just thinking about how I was mugged in 7th grade, and how vivid the details are in my mind. I was waiting for my dad to pick me up afterschool (my middle school was located on the edge of Harlem, I lived a good 45 minutes away) when two kids approached me. They looked about 17, and had large grins on their faces. I didn't really take notice of them until they were inches away and they were talking to me.

"Hey kid you got any money?" They started to flank me.

I knew right away what was happening. I backed up a step and reached in to my pockets. I had nothing but a pencil.

"Sorry man, I don't have anything"

"Come on you're a school kid, we know you've got some money. Give us your fucking money!"

"Sorry! I'm sorry!" I said that like 4 times. Then I threw my pencil at them and bolted. I looked behind me, one of the kids started to chase but the other pulled him back. There were a couple security guards still outside the school. I jumped on to the nearest cheese bus, safe.

I got off really lucky, but I had trouble feeling secure in the city for a while afterwards.

Anyone else on these cozy forums get jumped, jacked, or mugged?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
No one has ever fucked with me seriously. I present a pretty non-threatening appearance, so it's not an aura of intimidation or anything like that. Might help that I used to know many of the street thugz that run around town, and I've always been agreeable to most. Outside of where I live, well, I mostly don't travel alone when I'm abroad.

pnjtony

I got jumped in Ecorse MI. (close to detroit). They broke my nose and my cousins arm. Just three guys came out of nowhere...didn't even ask for money. I was 14. I thought they were like 30 or something, but looking back they were prolly 17 or something.

Iceman

Die Squirrel Die said:
I'm sorry, you may be traumatised or something, but that's just funny.

:lol :lol

Honestly, that is messed up if you aren't kidding... but that is still so funny.

ROOFLES, yeah, I read that as 'bus'

beerbelly

Banned
Never been mugged before but I did have this weirdo in his 20's who lived on-my-street ask me where Fawndale Crescent was, which was our street. I had a WTF look and just pointed the way. He kept walking close to me while I kept stepping back. Thinking back, I think he may have been a pedophile. I was 12 or so.

I was mugged when I was 14 by a group of kids my age. I had just gone to the store to buy a bag of chips and a pop, so I only had 30 cents left. They took the 30 cents ... and my snacks. A few weeks later thought, I spotted one of the kids that was in the group and "talked" to him about the situation. Didn't have any problems with them after that.

Nester

Not me personally, but my wife has.

She was walking down a somewhat busy street at about 8pm in the Summer, so it wasn't quite dark yet.

All of a sudden, this guy slams into her and knocks her over a little ledge that was in front of the house she was walking in front of. He put a knife to her throat but she put her hand in front of it in time. He kept asking her "Where's your money, bitch?" but she couldn't find it because her glasses and money had been knocked off of her when she was pushed over.

All of a sudden he stabbed her once in the side under her armpit and once in her leg. After that, he punched her in the face a couple times for looking at her. Her reasoning was to get a good idea what he looked like for the cops.

Eventually he got up and started running because she eventually started screaming. She was trying to get up, but then looked at him as he put the knife over his head and yelled "You're gonna die, bitch."

He was far enough away that she could get up and run, and ran to the next building over, the church. Some guy was coming out of the church side door to grab a CD he had forgotten in his car, otherwise she would've had to run all the way around the church and ring the doorbell in the back to get anyone to open the door.

All he took was her backpack, didn't even get the money. All that was in her backpack was a bible, notebook and a couple small things. My thinking/hope is that he went back to his buddies and tried to show off what he stole, and they kicked his ass for getting nothing.

She made a full recovery for the most part, but the doctors did not notice a nick he had made in her diaphram when he stabbed her, which caused complications when she was giving birth to our daughter. Had emergency surgery after the birth, but made it through that too.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i was mugged when i was a student in Liverpool, but i dislocated the muggers arm (well, his arm was popped out at the top and had gone limp)

However, he reached for something in his jacked with his other good arm so i decided to take the best course of action and give up on the 30 quid and just leg it.

Stupid really, i was drawing the cash out and the guy was standing right behind me. I should have known what was coming. But it was amazing how years of self defence just came into play without me even thinking.

karasu

Not mugged, but I've been jumped a few times. By everything from skinheads to a trio of black freckle faced redheaded brothers.

Iceman

Dang, DC Charlie what move did you use to pull his arm out of place?

And SpeedRazor, if I ever hear someone bragging about stealing a woman's backpack after pushing her over and cutting her with a knife, I'll scream at him, "She was pregnant you dumb SOB!" and then beat the living crap out of him. I'll make sure to kick him square in the nuts afterwards. (You'd be surprised how often I hear people confess crimes on the bus... good old number 4)

When I was 14 years old, me, my kid brother and my cousin went to a local gas station to put air in our bike tires. A group of dudes from the nearby projects gathered behind us in a fairly non-descript fashion, seemingly waiting to put air in their bike tires.

Then I noticed they had no bikes. Oh shit.

One guy sucker-punched my cousin in the face and rode off with his bike; another one hit me in the stomach. I instructed my brother to ride home with my cousin and get away; two or three guys gave chase on foot after them, but had no shot at catching them. They left 2 guys with me, a kid about my age and some older dude. The older dude tried to take my bike, but I exploded his nose with a punch to the face. The kid my age was just standing there like some sort of cheerleader, cheering and instigating. The guy who I punched ran back to his projects, probably to get some people to fuck me up in retaliation. The instigator remained, but looked a little surprised as if he didn't expect to to be left alone.

Best mistake ever.

My kid brother and cousin came back. We took the kid and beat the shit out of him. We didn't get the stolen bike back. We didn't care.

...fucking Brooklyn.

Nester

Iceman said:
Dang, DC Charlie what move did you use to pull his arm out of place?

And SpeedRazor, if I ever hear someone bragging about stealing a woman's backpack after pushing her over and cutting her with a knife, I'll scream at him, "She was pregnant you dumb SOB!" and then beat the living crap out of him. I'll make sure to kick him square in the nuts afterwards. (You'd be surprised how often I hear people confess crimes on the bus... good old number 4)

She wasn't pregnant at the time of the stabbing, it wasn't until about 2 years later that she gave birth.

I guess since the diaphram is always stretching or something, it never quite healed, so when she was pushing the baby out, her stomach was getting pushed up into this tiny hole in her diaphram. It choked off half of her stomach, basically killing that half. Now she only has half of a stomach.

But the kick square in the nuts would still be great. :D

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Just beaten up personally. Wanted to play football with some friends, some older guys tried to join in, I said I'd prefer it if they didn't, they kicked the shit out of me.

Good times.

KiNeSiS

Banned
When I was 8 me and my friend Lizjohn were playing kickball in the hall of our apartment building.
A kid who was about 13 rushed up the stair well and grabbed my nintendo cartridges which I held on for being dragged around.
He then stabbed in the thigh and took my games.
He took 3 of them.
The original metal gear, smb2 and ducktails.

Years later I was down on my luck which was actually my early adult years, I'm 23 so I'd say I was about 20 but I had to mug a few people.

KiNeSiS said:
When I was 8 me and my friend Lizjohn were playing kickball in the hall of our apartment building.
A kid who was about 13 rushed up the stair well and grabbed my nintendo cartridges which I held on for being dragged around.
He then stabbed in the thigh and took my games.
He took 3 of them.
The original metal gear, smb2 and ducktails.

Years later I was down on my luck which was actually my early adult years, I'm 23 so I'd say I was about 20 but I had to mug a few people.

you're one of the Gotti kids, aren't you?

Iceman

You did what?!?!?!

weren't you posting here when you were 20??

So tell me, what kind of people did you mug? Complete strangers? People you knew? Did you stake them out/follow them around for a bit first? Wait for some girl to stroll into an alley?

KiNeSiS

Banned
No I have Sicilian in my blood though.
Those Gotti kids are soft as baby shit.

Never insult me like that again or I will see to it that my goons staple gun your testicles to the toilet seat.

SHIT MY COVERS BLOWN NOW! *Throws ninja bomb and dissapears.*

No really all that on the prior post is true, Real talk.

Mama Smurf

Are you going to explain the circumstances? I sure hope they include owing so much money to a dealer that they threatened your family. Even then...

KiNeSiS

Banned
Nah, I lost my job and was starving I had no family, and no money to make money.
It's one of the couple of things in life I truly regret besides having sex with a married woman.

Mama Smurf

I'm not trying to say your situation wasn't awful, but that's it? You couldn't go to a homeless shelter? Was there no way to get any help (not necessarily family, chairty or offical help)?

KiNeSiS

Banned
Honestly I tried everything I got turned down for emergancy food stamps.
It was winter they only give you a few days in a shelter.
I was cold hungry had no jacket nothing.
Of coarse I believe in karma and I feel what goes around comes around.
We are no different then animals, what I mean is when everything is gone we to rely on instincts.
I still had morals about it these were other grown men, I would never have done this to a female or elderly person.

When I was 19 there was a really hot woman living next door, a friends family took me in at the time. I did the died with her but regretted it right after.
That friend then started doing things with her for a while.
But I feel karma came around on that to, because I lost my only true love she got transferred to TX. Then months went by out of site out of mind she got with someone else telling me it was just to pass the time until she see's me.
But of coarse it was curtains after that.

Boogie

KiNeSiS said:

Man, you really are a jackass.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Boogie said:
Man, you really are a jackass.

Pass judgement if you'd like with your feeble opinion.
You never trudged in my boots nor could you handle my life's preassures.
This isn't my profession or anything. Jeez this was a few years ago give me a break.

Iceman

See, now THIS is a downer thread.

Hope you're doing a lot better these days, Kinesis. And I certainly hope you didn't have to injure anyone.

NLB2

Banned
KiNeSiS said:
This isn't my profession or anything. Jeez this was a few years ago give me a break.
Would a Christian who doesn't like animals mug somebody? Huh? ;-)

KiNeSiS

Banned
I started posting her when I was 21 I believe.
Things weren't so bad then.
But obviously I had some anger issues and issues with being disrespected,
to lighten things up remember the magazine rack.
If only back then camera phones exsisted, then I would of posted photographic evidence.

Boogie

KiNeSiS said:

Ah, so because you weren't strong enough to resist ripping somebody off during hard times, I wouldn't be either?

Just keep trying to justify yourself.....

Miguel

KiNeSiS: You only think I guessed wrong - that's what's so funny. I switched glasses when your back was turned. Ha-ha, you fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line.". Hahahahahah.
[KiNeSiS falls over dead]

KiNeSiS

Banned
Miguel said:
KiNeSiS: You only think I guessed wrong - that's what's so funny. I switched glasses when your back was turned. Ha-ha, you fool. You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian, when *death* is on the line.". Hahahahahah.
[KiNeSiS falls over dead]
ha

Firest0rm

When I was like 10. I was counting the number of quarters i had in a mall and this other slightly older kid runs past me and grabs whatever he can off my hand. I started running after him through the mall. I was crying and shouting out for help. But no one would help me. Until a security gaurd grabs the kid, by his ear and the kid starting crying. I got my change back. Luckily it was only 5 cents he got off me :).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Fuck you for mugging people, but I understand where you're coming from and I just hope that those circumstances don't return to you, since you don't seem like a bad guy. Hang in there, KiNeSiS, and may all the girls let you touch them.

Atrex

Everyone agrees that mugging someone is a terrible thing to do except for the people who truly are the scum of the earth. Although Kinesis did a terrible thing by mugging someone i still respect him for being to admit it, and whos to say that any of the people totally writing him off as evil wouldnt do the same thing givin the same situation. I feel like some sort of survival instinct would kick in with anyone who has some desire to sustain thier quality of life.

magrack9jy.jpg

I wasn't mugged but, some black dude I met on the street offered to get me a Ps2 for 50$. This was back when I was a naive 11 year old. I knew it would be stolen PS2, but anyway. So he told me to meet him back at this subway station in one hour with the money. I went home, emptied out my piggy bank, then I went back to the station, he was there, I give him all my money (which was about 53$ or something) he told me to wait and he'd come back with it.

I waited 2 long hours and left.

an eye opener, really. I'm a bit more on my guard now I guess. Like when they ask you for 25 cents for the phone, always say no if you have to take out your wallet. If someone asks you for the time, don't look down, show them your watch instead. And basically, never travel to india or south america. And never look like you have money. Let your beard grow, don't wear brightly colored clothes or bags. You should sow up a secret pocket in the inside of your pants to keep your passport and credit cards. Not in the shoes, everyone knows that trick.

black guy wearing phat farm clothes and brand new nike shoes comes up to me
"can I have 25 cents to make a phonecall"
"yeah ok" (i give him a quarter)
"could you give me some money for cigarettes?"
"what you need cigarettes now?"

One day I was walking down the street with a pizza, some guy stops me and begs me to give him money for food, saying he hasn't eaten since yesterday morning. Out of my good heart I offer him a slice and he says after a quick pause "...uh, no I can't eat that, it's against my religion" :lol

Nester

Date of Lies said:
One day I was walking down the street with a pizza, some guy stops me and begs me to give him money for food, saying he hasn't eaten since yesterday morning. Out of my good heart I offer him a slice and he says after a quick pause "...uh, no I can't eat that, it's against my religion" :lol

I had a similar situation while walking past a McDonalds. Some guy came up to me and said "Hey man can you spare me some money for some food?" I told him that I wouldn't give him any cash, but I'd be happy to go up into McDonalds and buy him a meal.

"Naw man, forget it."

Yea, I thought not.

rc213

Twice! Once when i was about 10yrs old, me and my brother went to the local bakery for some bread early in the morning. As i was waiting with our bikes outside the bakery 2 gang members approached me and asked for the bikes, being a stubborn fool i refused and got a gut full of fist. They took my brothers bike which was leaning against the wall but i refused to get off mine and they soon gave up.

Second time was on my first day of High School i was walking to school wearing my sony walkman (yeah i felt cool). A supposed gang member came up from behind threw his hand around my shoulder and shoved what looked to be a real gun into my ribs. At the time wasnt about to take my chances it was fake so i gave up my walkman and $5 i had in my pocket (Sucker! I have $25 in my underwear). About 2 weeks later i see this goon in my school, i followed him around and he didnt seem to know anyone. For a few days afterschool i went in all directions trying to find his path home. On the 3rd i caught up to him and sucker punched him in the back of the head, while he was on the ground i proceeded to beat the living snot out of him. I also took back my walkman and his brand new pair of jordans, some cash and jewelery. Good times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom