• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone watching Key and Peele?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "I Said Bitch" skit had me in tears..when dude hugged the tree I lost it LOL. Also this helicopter skit is pretty funny right now.

thetechkid

That last skit of tonight's episode was great. Started off thinking it would be making fun of some 90s singers, but got way better than I thought it would be.

Caught tonight's episode. I think both of these guys are pretty funny but some of the sketches weren't that great, while some were pretty funny (the Malcolm X/King and the 90's R&B sketch) the others were only ok. I think their duo-standup inbetween sessions are pretty good though.

I hope they find their footing and keep going.

DominoKid

when its funny its really funny. but when it aint its terrible.

i was crying laughing at the R&B song and the Doctor's Office skits

They made a parody of popular YouTube Response videos for their own show.

So on point lol.

oh man, bearded peele's(i think? idk really know which is which)little mannerisms are amazing,he's really good. lolololololol

the show has a LOT of potential, maybe they just need another good writer or something. Like how Chapelle had Neil.

Menelaus

Banned
ep1 was decently funny. the bitch skit dragged on, though, and the lil wayne skit didn't really get funny until the shower.

Sean

Banned
Renewed for a second season of ten episodes to premiere this fall.

“Because Key & Peele has been so immediately and universally well received, I was worried if we didn’t give the show a quick pick up, people might accuse me of being racist,” Comedy Central’s head of original programming Kent Alterman said.

big ander

Last night's episode was the best yet. Holy shit so good. Ty Burrell doing Hans Landa, the intelligent movie theater talkers, and the Black Jeff/White Jeff restaurant sketches were all perfect. Gangster pants-shitters and competitive slaves were great too.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
James Pumphrey in da house in that when to say the n word skit. that dude is in some hilarious shit on youtube.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I haven't watched this show, but I'm glad to see some people enjoying it. They were some of the best on Mad TV in the later years.

Zzoram

It's ok, I prefer stand up to skits personally. I think the show would be better with fewer skits and more stand up.

Last ep was kinda weird because they started to mass drop the N and yeah, I also find the sketches better than the skits for the most part.
Finally some good black comedy, I'll definitely stick around.
Also Peele > Key.

Just caught up on this, and it's much funnier than it looks. I've been laughing out loud in all the episodes.

Honestly, the jokes are not as "smart" as, say Chappelle's, but the delivery and performance raises their level to hilarious. The guys are just good actors.

big ander

Thought the MMA one and the one at the bar were amazing. Kobe beef was alright. Old School and Flicker were whiffs.

"So who's your favorite member of A Tribe Called Quest?"

That was especially funny to me because I know people who would respond the same way.

big ander

Just watched the season finale. Obama Teaches Malia sketches, especially the second one, were hilarious. Friendship Song was alright. Sketchy Apartment was only good until the twist ending, where it got great. Party Motivators was goddamn brilliant. Funny Dead Guy was decent. Baby Forest Whitaker could have been better if Peele's impression was better. Squinting didn't do nearly enough. The stand-up was iffy as always; that stuff about movies would be better served in an internet comments section with how unfunny and boring it was, but the story about Keegan's apartment break-ins was great.

At the end of the season, I'm coming away feeling that while the show has some definite weaknesses, they aren't glaring enough to distract from the strengths. Fingers crossed that when fall comes, Key and Peele have tweaked things just a bit.

And one last aside: whoever does their makeup and hair and costumes needs an Emmy. Keegan's facial hair alone in the dead guy sketch cracked me up, and both dudes looked hilarious in the party sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom