• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aonuma was right: Breath of the Wild Speedrun in 1:24:07

I dont even understand how someone learns the glitches needed for this, or evwn the exact path to use to speed run in suxj a short amnt of time

Anth0ny

I dont even understand how someone learns the glitches needed for this, or evwn the exact path to use to speed run in suxj a short amnt of time

As a speedrunner, my mind works like this.

1. What is the end goal? How do I get there the fastest?

2. What do I need to reach the end goal? How do I get those things the fastest?

That's pretty much it. For BOTW, we need to beat Ganon. To do that, we need to get the Paraglider, which requires 4 shrines to be completed on the Plateau. Also, we need some strong weapons, which can be found in Ganon's castle, so we need to develop a route through the castle that allows us to pick up these essential weapons quickly, en route to the final boss battle.

Unlike every other Zelda, any% in BOTW seems mostly glitchless. For the first time, the game was made with something like this in mind. Which is pretty cool.

Robiin

As a speedrunner, my mind works like this.

1. What is the end goal? How do I get there the fastest?

2. What do I need to reach the end goal? How do I get those things the fastest?

That's pretty much it. For BOTW, we need to beat Ganon. To do that, we need to get the Paraglider, which requires 4 shrines to be completed on the Plateau. Also, we need some strong weapons, which can be found in Ganon's castle, so we need to develop a route through the castle that allows us to pick up these essential weapons quickly, en route to the final boss battle.

Unlike every other Zelda, any% in BOTW seems mostly glitchless. For the first time, the game was made with something like this in mind. Which is pretty cool.
I agree with this post. There are more categories but for any% the goal is simply "get to the end as fast as you can". I see your point about it being glitchless which is cool, no out of bounds etc is nice to see - I just wish whistlerunning was not a thing. Stamina management was some of the most interesting things about Dark Souls runs - here it's almost a mute point because you can run forever..

KHlover

Banned
Oh wow.

How does this
whistle running
work anyway?

Also, what'sthe record without amiibo?

It's simple. Hold down on the dpad and tap b while walking. That's it. Unless there's been a new development in the few days I took my eyes off the game.

13ruce

Banned
Honestly amiibo should not count feels like a lottery unless the most usefull reward is Epona for speed running. Amiibo rewards can be trash or good based on luck.

Hazzuh

So I don't want to watch the videos because I haven't finished the game yet but have they found a way to get off the plateau without paraglider yet?

Deku Tree

The stun lock on calamity ganon makes these speed runs silly.

So I don't want to watch the videos because I haven't finished the game yet but have they found a way to get off the plateau without paraglider yet?

No. There is a fog that only lifts once you get the paraglider. If you jump off before it sends you back.

Top Bottom