• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP: NFL finds it probable that Patriots deliberately deflated balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S.

"Filed to ESPN: Tom Brady suspended four games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th in 2017, and team fined $1 million, per source:" - @AdamSchefter

Oh

If true.

tumblr_mwojx24aNV1qzvi02o1_500.gif

Alright, here is my question.

This was basically a sting operation, correct?

If this was such a huge infraction, why would the league allow this to happen and destroy the integrity of the game? The NFL knew about this and let it happen.

Man, Patriots got set up and caught with their pants down. NFL had a bad PR year and Patriots got a baseball bat to the face. My guess is if the Pats cooperation more the draft pics wouldn't be as bad.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I was shocked....

I felt that they wouldn't do it with New England starting the season out on Thursday night, but damn...

And they actually released this on a Monday night instead of Friday news cycle... Wow

Does that include the Bye Week?

Week 1 - Pittsburgh - OUT
Week 2 - @ Buffalo - OUT
Week 3 - Jacksonville - OUT
Week 4 -BYE-
Week 5 - @Dallas - OUT?

Week 6 - @ INDIANAPOLIS - BACK IN (lol) I'm sure the crowd in Indy will give him a nice return celebration.

Quotient

Alright, here is my question.

This was basically a sting operation, correct?

If this was such a huge infraction, why would the league allow this to happen and destroy the integrity of the game? The NFL knew about this and let it happen.

Man, Patriots got set up and caught with their pants down. NFL had a bad PR year and Patriots got a baseball bat to the face. My guess is if the Pats cooperation more the draft pics wouldn't be as bad.

I'm still waiting to see what, if any, consequence the referees are going to face.

Mudcrab

Does that include the Bye Week?

Week 1 - Pittsburgh - OUT
Week 2 - @ Buffalo - OUT
Week 3 - Jacksonville - OUT
Week 4 -BYE-
Week 5 - @Dallas - OUT?

Week 6 - @ INDIANAPOLIS - BACK IN (lol) I'm sure the crowd in Indy will give him a nice return celebration.

NFL too smart.

That's that Goodell fuckery. The report clears the organization and said it was all on Brady. Takes the teams draft picks.

Yea but the locker room guys = organization people.

Not to mention Bill Belichick made mockery of the situation with his "My Cousin Vinny" conference at the Superbowl. And Bob Kraft said it was all lies and demanded a public apology.

chadskin

Now that McNally and Jastremski are banned from the league, I wouldn't be surprised if they start to sing about it all. A book should bring in some nice money, or that ESPN interview McNally joked about.

Agreed. A first round pick when the team itself cooperated fully? The fuck is this shit?

Once again, this isn't true.

The team stopped McNally and Jastremski from interviewing after the texts came to light.

That last wanted interview was Wells going over those text messages with them, and the Pats went "NOPE".

Can stop laughing. Saints get docked 2 second rounders for trying to basically kill people.

Ray Rice gets suspended two games for clocking his girl

Brady gets 4 games and Pats lost a first

Bahaha Goddell is such a joke at punishments. "Report says it was the QB probably and not the team but let's just take them for $1million and dock them a first and a fourth because why not"

MIMIC

Banned
Someone should make a new thread. My friend walked in and told me that Brady was suspended for 4 games and I was like, "Wait, why haven't I read this on GAF yet?" lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I guess I don't get this:

Basically, because of the hefty fine and loss of draft picks, the NFL is admitting the Patriots organization cheated.

Why, then, do they get to keep the Super Bowl win?

I guess I don't get this:

Basically, because of the hefty fine and loss of draft picks, the NFL is admitting the Patriots organization cheated.

Why, then, do they get to keep the Super Bowl win?
Did they cheat to win the Super Bowl? Was their victory against the Colts in question?

JABEE

Belicheat gets nothing.

Brady gets a slap on his wimpy wrists.

Kraft loses some pocket change.

The Pats hit with another slap on the wrist.

How does Belichick avoid the Sean Payton treatment?

Edwardo

Na, Patriots made this worse on themselves.

Didn't cooperate and went on the attack against the league when they clearly had dirt on Brady.

Pats made this as bad as it is.

I feel ya.

It still feels like a lot though.

Idk, well probably still go 3-1 or 2-2. Tbh we could go 0-4 and still be ok.

I can live with this. Pats fan here. As much as I love my Patriots I listen to sports radio much more than I watch their games. This is going to be a great summer with the Sox sucking too.
You can't stop Garopp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom