• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Tesseract

Banned
ImmenseLegitimateGadwall-max-1mb.gif

Tesseract

Banned
play to the strengths of your toolkit, wraiths

get off revenant if you ain't gonna bunny hop or skulk crawl like a splinter cell doom marine quake nightmare

:messenger_pouting:

Last edited:

Skyr

The players I hate the most. They're so over their heads

They somehow think they're better than everyone AND they're the most toxic cunts out there

Ain't no better feeling than catching a cookie cutter wraith comming off phase shift and shredding them to bits close quarter.
Those wraith players with 10k kills that are afraid to use any other character really are the worst.

Alx

I never noticed that many Wraith players tbh… I didn't do the math, but I'd reckon the characters I encounter most often are Pathfinder, Caustic, Octane and Bangalore.
I rarely play Wraith myself, with Bloodhound she's one of the characters the abilities of which I don't enjoy that much.

psn

Like pathfinder, wraith is a pretty aggressive char that is able to retreat on its own in many cases.

Casual is also not comparable to ranked. In ranked, you mostly encounter 1 wattson / caustic per team and one wraith / pathfinder (maybe even both). It also depends on your sbmm rank.
I am always happy if I meet a revenant. A free kill in most cases. I don't know why, but either he is really really weak, or the people aren't playing him well. I think that neither his ulti nor his active is really useful. At least for my playstyle.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Like pathfinder, wraith is a pretty aggressive char that is able to retreat on its own in many cases.

Casual is also not comparable to ranked. In ranked, you mostly encounter 1 wattson / caustic per team and one wraith / pathfinder (maybe even both). It also depends on your sbmm rank.
I am always happy if I meet a revenant. A free kill in most cases. I don't know why, but either he is really really weak, or the people aren't playing him well. I think that neither his ulti nor his active is really useful. At least for my playstyle.
I destroyed Diamonds and Preds with his ability and Ult. People haven't discovered Revenant well, they gave up on him easily which is fine and better for me anyways

Tesseract

Banned
unranked shock troop drops in < 1 minute

I destroyed Diamonds and Preds with his ability and Ult. People haven't discovered Revenant well, they gave up on him easily which is fine and better for me anyways

revenant main right now, also loving it

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Is that really real? I've seen a lot of people go on about it but never saw or heard anything myself. If they drop Loba mid way through the season then Apex is breaking its own conventions.

"I've come for you, Revenant."

A revenge story 20 years in the making.

psn

Yeah and yeah :p

Someone saw a glimpse of a wolf running in Harvesters top section. Its definitely Loba teaser
I dont think it was a Wolf. It was just a visual bug, where the playermodel was halfway invisible. Had it several times, still not fixed.

Last edited:
Is that really real? I've seen a lot of people go on about it but never saw or heard anything myself. If they drop Loba mid way through the season then Apex is breaking its own conventions.

"I've come for you, Revenant."

A revenge story 20 years in the making.

I haven't seen anything, but the howling is definitely there. Maybe it's completely unrelated or some distorsion, but it very much sounded like a wolf or dog. I have a dog who howls a lot so I thought it was him at first lol.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Cyber Wendigo is one of the better skins in the game easily. I'm interested in how they'll treat him with Event skins.

I'm down for buying some non seasonal gimmick skins Respawn. 😇

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

Not really a fan of this. I know they do this for the fans, and they clearly listened which is a good thing, but what is the bigger story here now in the Apex world? Why can we suddenly go back to there? If it isn't part of a bigger world and story it's less interesting.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Who cares? This isn’t a campaign game
Then why bother creating a story line... Like Crypto destroying King's Canyon at first, the revenant killing Forge, soon Loba wanting to take revenge on the Revenant for killing her parents. It's all part of a bigger story that makes the game more appealing and interesting. You think they put the Harvester there for fun? It has a reason where it will probably deplete the resources of World's Edge which means we get a new map.

I just think it's lame if you're not consistent anymore in the game.

Mista

Banned
Then why bother creating a story line... Like Crypto destroying King's Canyon at first, the revenant killing Forge, soon Loba wanting to take revenge on the Revenant for killing her parents. It's all part of a bigger story that makes the game more appealing and interesting. You think they put the Harvester there for fun? It has a reason where it will probably deplete the resources of World's Edge which means we get a new map.

I just think it's lame if you're not consistent anymore in the game.
Yea its part of it and not everything. Also its a 3 days event so where is the harm? At least they listen to the fans

Are you going to complain when the split happens too mate? Huge chunk of the lore comes in the form of text and animated shorts

So no harm in it at all and they are not ruining anything honestly. Have fun

Alx

It's a universe where time travelling and alternate realities are canon. I think we shouldn't bother too much with plot consistency. :p

Last edited:

Shmunter

There’s a story? I heard there are back stories, like Gebrolta smoking sausage and bloodhound being a Them. But had no idea there was more to it than superficial woke pandering as is fashionable.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Yea its part of it and not everything. Also its a 3 days event so where is the harm? At least they listen to the fans
Oh it's only for 3 days. Yeah there isn't really any harm then. Although not sure how they will "fix" that for ranked series that will switch.

It's not like I'm going to quit playing, I'm finally starting to get better this season :D

Top Bottom