• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Loba is the best.

dYf8CvI.jpg

Me at the end of the game.
evil-dead.gif

Boss Mog

Mirage with the gold backpack is insane. You can res your teamates incognito in the thick of combat and they get up with a good amount of life and shields. Also I'm amazed how balanced the weapons are. So many weapons are good now that I don't have to waste time looking for that one good weapon. SBMM still not as strict as I'd like it but it's a lot better than Season 4.

I could do without the virtue signaling BLM message when I start the game up though.

Alx

I didn't know that Loba's ultra was limited when stealing from hideouts (it breaks after retrieving one item). Makes sense.

MrS

Banned
Haven't had a win in like 4 days. Since moving to plat in ranked everything has gone to shit and none of the toons are clicking. feelsbadman. just tryna get to 50 wins this season.

Boss Mog

Switch and Steam versions coming this fall and Crossplay as well. They didn't say anything about sharing progress on multiple platforms though.

The new event coming Tuesday looks cool. Although they didn't mention it specifically, it looks like, from the footage shown, Lifeline is getting a buff when she res'es people, basically once you engage the res, the bot will do it on its own and Lifeline is free to fight. A much needed buff since Mirage had become a better res'er than Lifeline.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
New event skins look fucking amazing. Wish I played Revenant more to justify getting his cuz wow. Caustic and Wattson get two though so I'll be snatching them. 👌

Last edited:

Banned
Switch and Steam versions coming this fall and Crossplay as well. They didn't say anything about sharing progress on multiple platforms though.

no cross progression would be a huge bummer to say the least.

and if they do cross progression I hope they don't use EA's account system, since that's absolute garbage of the highest order.

Alx

Revenant has great skins all around. I was already hesitating between crafting his buffalo-head or hawk-head skins, and now there is another one coming. Too bad I don't play him that much.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Won a game with Banga...? I do still like her tools a lot but I just don't click with her even though she's an excellent character. I'm hoping for an offensive defense character in the future.

Alx

I just got two victories in a row with Octane. :) (well games on Sunday are usually easier, but that's still a win).
Hopefully the next patch will fix the game crashing during character select. It never did that before that season.

Yup, they pretty much nailed this season as far as I'm concerned, though I'm in a god awful slump right now. Got my k/d up to 1.5 for this season, but for the past two weeks I've been struggling to keep it above 1. Also feels like there are a lot of XIM users all of a sudden.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

Might become a lifeline main again. Was this since the start of Apex until the Bloodhound buff a couple of months ago, I switched back then. But now that you can heal and move... That's pretty great but not sure of its that important when you mostly play duos

I've been toying with switching back too (did the same switch from LL to Bloodhound), but I think I'm too far gone on Bloodhound now lol.

By the way, I hope those Wraith "tweaks" mean a little slower strafing and a reasonably sized hitbox. If it means a buff, I'm uninstalling this and not looking back.

Last edited:
Patch notes are up. Some questionable changes in there, namely the Wraith, Wattson and zip line changes. I'll reserve judgement until I get some time with it but, yeah. Let's see.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I'd get angry at Wattson's changes but since I always have two Ultimate accelerants anyway now it means I can hold 4 so I'm still good in the final moments of the game if I need to hold the line.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
DAMN at Wattson's countdown. They really hatin' on my girl. If you just use the one Ultimate it blows when your charge % reaches 63.

Been playing Caustic more anyway recently. Got three wins today without even trying hard. On the last one the final team locked themselves in a building and I put gas traps infront of the door and the zone swallowed them. It was funny.

Dropped like... £30 on this game today. Bought three packs, used gold coins for Caustic and Wattson's skins and crafted Wattson's emote with metal. All prior skins I've never liked event skins for them too much aside from the Wattson Grand Suaree skin but I missed that.

Out the packs I got Crypto's Legendary, G7 Legendary (Which is seriously good but I still have the Iron Crown one) and the Epic Mirage skin.

Last edited:
Fell for Lifeline's new heal like an idiot last night, saw the heal shield so we rushed the stairs only to have a fully mobile Lifeline shoot back at us. Didn't save her that time, but had she had another living team mate then we probably would've been toast.

Tesseract

Banned
go time, pumping and coding the night away alongside ranked randoms

first night i get to go hard in a while, curious about meta changes and the like

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Will have to play Wattson more but really been enjoying Caustic way more recently, I think I'll have to micromanage a lot more now if I wanna keep playing as her if I do a defense line. ;_;

Top Bottom