• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently “real” PS5 startup, possible devkit.

I thought it would be faster.

Poor fanboys don’t think it’s real because Jim Ryan said “the UI is a complete overhaul “. They forget he also said “we believe in generations”

To be fair he never goes past the login screen. I don't expect it to be much different than the PS4s. However I do expect some features to take advantage of that I/O.

Last edited:

TeKtheSanE

Hmm. So it wasn't the Japanese people that are making these leaks, it's russians?

EDIT: What am I saying, of course it's russians! They don't give a damn about these kinda things.

Last edited:

TeKtheSanE

Its fake

No Black controller

You were saying?

EDIT: A difference I see in the photo is the buttons on the video are white, whereas the photo buttons are black I think.

ANOTHER EDIT: Please continue reading on, this post is bogus and incorrect. Thank you.

Last edited:

Banned
boring AF just like the last 2 generations sadly...

why is it that Microsoft is the only one at least trying to keep the boot-up animations alive? even Nintendo doesn't have one anymore :( even tho the switch has a pretty cool animation when you boot it the very first time, too bad this doesn't play on every cold boot tho.

You were saying?

EDIT: A difference I see in the photo is the buttons on the video are white, whereas the photo buttons are black I think.

That looks like the white controller in low-light conditions, you can see the white shade coming in as the controller rotates in the twitter video.

n34I7l5.jpg

Looks white to me. Not saying there aren't black controllers, just that this one was white.

Last edited:

You were saying?

According to my contacts, its prototype at best

S0ULZB0URNE

boring AF just like the last 2 generations sadly...

why is it that Microsoft is the only one at least trying to keep the boot-up animations alive? even Nintendo doesn't have one anymore :( even tho the switch has a pretty cool animation when you boot it the very first time, too bad this doesn't play on every cold boot tho.
Can't be serious?

TeKtheSanE

That looks like the white controller in low-light conditions, you can see the white shade coming in as the controller rotates in the twitter video.

n34I7l5.jpg

Looks white to me. Not saying there aren't black controllers, just that this one was white.
Yeah, I just did a bit more research, it's not confirmed. So yeah there is some fishy fishy stuff going on here.

Lysandros

Even if this is real that's 'first time boot' where you have to read relevant warnings and enter your info/config the system step by step. Regular boot after that should be much faster.

TeKtheSanE

Just did a quick test

My OG PS4 boots from powered off to user login (not sleep mode) in 32 seconds
If that video is a cold boot that means that the cold boot of PS5 is only 8 seconds faster.

From sleep mode my PS4 boots in around 16 seconds.
So maybe PS5 will boot from sleep instantly or something.

But maybe something is wrong about that video.

Last edited:

Banned
Can't be serious?
Fan harder!

a bunch of little fangirls projecting real hard as usual.

this boot up is boring as fuck, and so were the ones on PS3 and PS4. sorry that this makes me a fanboy in your Pony eyes, but the Xbox systems are the only ones that still have somewhat traditional boot up animations. the Series X is way more toned down but even that one is more exciting than any of the aforementioned PS boot ups.

gone are the times where Sony made iconic boot sequences like on PS1 and PS2.

now we get some boring animated wobble or wave in the background, accompanied by a freaking epilepsy warning... like... fuck off with that

Even if this is real that's 'first time boot' where you have to read relevant warnings and enter your info/config the system step by step. Regular boot after that should be much faster.
You know this how? It looked like a regular boot up with profile selection.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
a bunch of little fangirls projecting real hard as usual.

this boot up is boring as fuck, and so were the ones on PS3 and PS4. sorry that this makes me a fanboy in your Pony eyes, but the Xbox systems are the only ones that still have somewhat traditional boot up animations. the Series X is way more toned down but even that one is more exciting than any of the aforementioned PS boot ups.

gone are the times where Sony made iconic boot sequences like on PS1 and PS2.

now we get some boring animated wobble or wave in the background, accompanied by a freaking epilepsy warning... like... fuck off with that

Oh the irony.

Banned
Oh the irony.

i love that all you guys can do is type in some meaningless bullshit instead of maybe discussing what I'm saying.
do you like this boot up and the ones I don't like? do you dislike the Xbox boot ups? would you like a certain type better than any of them?

you know, actually bringing something to the discussion instead of brain-dead bullshit replies as soon as your fanboy pussy gets rustled

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
i love that all you guys can do is type in some meaningless bullshit instead of maybe discussing what I'm saying.
do you like this boot up and the ones I don't like? do you dislike the Xbox boot ups? would you like a certain type better than any of them?

you know, actually bringing something to the discussion instead of brain-dead bullshit replies as soon as your fanboy pussy gets rustled

Keep going.

giphy.gif

n34I7l5.jpg

That is the white controller, they've never confirmed any other color. Many of us thought initially that was black but it ended up just being the white one in low light as you said. Also if they were doing a black controller who would want those clear white buttons with it? they would be black too.

Top Bottom