• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently “real” PS5 startup, possible devkit.

S0ULZB0URNE

a bunch of little fangirls projecting real hard as usual.

this boot up is boring as fuck, and so were the ones on PS3 and PS4. sorry that this makes me a fanboy in your Pony eyes, but the Xbox systems are the only ones that still have somewhat traditional boot up animations. the Series X is way more toned down but even that one is more exciting than any of the aforementioned PS boot ups.

gone are the times where Sony made iconic boot sequences like on PS1 and PS2.

now we get some boring animated wobble or wave in the background, accompanied by a freaking epilepsy warning... like... fuck off with that
It looks better than the XSX boot up.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
He did it for us though.......
Us? He didn't do it for me, I didn't ask for this!

He'd of been better off paying that 100 bucks for a video of

PHnpqIo.gif

itsnotme

Theres no way people think this is real right? You're telling me you believe somebody payed €100 to show us a boot screen where nothing new is shown except for what was shown at the PS5 conference? Lol cmon now guys use your heads.

LordOfChaos

I'm kinda sad that HDMI CEC response time (turning on the TV automatically) masks some of the startup time. This is from a cold boot, so sleep on the new SSD should be very fast.

It has the PS3 and PS4 beep when you turn the console on. This video was pretty pointless. Couldn't even bother to get past the profile select screen.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Hmm. So it wasn't the Japanese people that are making these leaks, it's russians?

EDIT: What am I saying, of course it's russians! They don't give a damn about these kinda things.

Slavs don't give a fuck, but did any of them actually have a PS5 to boot up and disassemble? Some comments in the reddit thread are making me wonder about this one, a lot of the elements shown are either what Sony already showed us, or look very like user generated concepts.

TeKtheSanE

Slavs don't give a fuck, but did any of them actually have a PS5 to boot up and disassemble? Some comments in the reddit thread are making me wonder about this one, a lot of the elements shown are either what Sony already showed us, or look very like user generated concepts.
I'm already on the camp that thinks this is fishy as all hell my friend.

sainraja

You were saying?

EDIT: A difference I see in the photo is the buttons on the video are white, whereas the photo buttons are black I think.

That doesn't really confirm if there will be a black controller; it just states there will be one at some point (similar to how we got other colors with the PS1/2/3/4 controllers).

Last edited:

TeKtheSanE

That doesn't really confirm if there will be a black controller; it just states there will be one at some point (similar to how we got other colors with the PS1/2/3/4 controllers).
I already denounced this article. But thanks, I edited my post to reflect that.

Last edited:
That looks like the white controller in low-light conditions, you can see the white shade coming in as the controller rotates in the twitter video.

n34I7l5.jpg

Looks white to me. Not saying there aren't black controllers, just that this one was white.

Y’all realize that the FCC has photos of the black controllers for approval and they were leaked like a month ago right ?

Orky

Banned
Took about the same time as the XSX boot. 20s more or less.

I say this is real.

Just FYI, according to IGN at least:

It also boots up from an always-on state almost instantly, and obviously faster than Xbox One X. Cold boot, too, is also a lot quicker than the One X, taking about 10-12 seconds compared to almost a minute for the One X.
Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-series-x-hands-on-load-times-quick-resume-and-compatibility

I think it’s fake, because the little controller icon on top of the user name doesn't match the Dualsense icon from the PS website. It's the one from PS3 and 4.

Who needs mediocre Bethesda games when you have a high quality loading screen like this.
🤣🤣 jokes aside I haven’t played a single Bethesda’s developed or published game ever except the original evil within. Their games aren’t my cup of tea but can totally see why they have an audience. I mean when fallout 76 is one of their greatest games of all time right?

Y’all realize that the FCC has photos of the black controllers for approval and they were leaked like a month ago right ?

The ones shown in the pictures aren't black though and the controller that guy had in the video was ugly as F! who would want the buttons to be that color with black plastic around it? I'd want it solid black buttons included.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
🤣🤣 jokes aside I haven’t played a single Bethesda’s developed or published game ever except the original evil within. Their games aren’t my cup of tea but can totally see why they have an audience. I mean when fallout 76 is one of their greatest games of all time right?

Taking a rotten fruit out of a basket with delicious fresh fruit doesn't make a solid argument.

If Fallout 76 were released in its current state it would've been better received.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Man, it's exciting to know this will be either confirmed or debunked by the end of this weekend.

Or not because we don’t know how Sony operates timing wise. They are all over the pace

Damn this guy really paid 100 euros for this

Look at the bright side. We got entertained out of this $100 at least even if fake.

Top Bottom