• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple releasing first Public Betas of iOS 10 and macOS Sierra today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new portrait mode pretty much works as advertised.

Edit:

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/21/hands-on-portrait-mode-beta-iphone-7-plus/

iphone-7-plus-no-depth-effect.jpg

iphone-7-plus-depth-effect.jpg

mrkgoo

Oooh, thank you for the advice. I took a look and I already have the proper startup disc selected, but I've never heard of the PRAM thing before.

I also discovered that you can erase a partition without having to reformat the entire drive, so I'm gonna try that, then do the PRAM thing if it doesn't help, and if neither of those work I'll make a boot disc of Sierra and do a fresh install.

Yeah who knows what is going on. Also good advice before performing any maintenance is to have an up to date back up of course.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yep. It seems that notifications, no matter what they are, always open Safari when they are supposed to open a URL. The "What's new in Sierra" popup did the same thing. It doesn't make sense and is silly. It should open my default browser. And technically I am using a Safari version.

CraigMcD

Yep. It seems that notifications, no matter what they are, always open Safari when they are supposed to open a URL. The "What's new in Sierra" popup did the same thing. It doesn't make sense and is silly. It should open my default browser. And technically I am using a Safari version.
It only makes sense for notifications to open in the app that created them. Have you moved your notifications over to STP?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It only makes sense for notifications to open in the app that created them. Have you moved your notifications over to STP?
They don't need to. They're global. They already appear in Tech Preview. It was the first thing I checked. I was going to import them myself and delete them from Safari but they're stored on iCloud I guess. It's a stupid oversight that they are hard coded to open Safari. But I can understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom