• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple September Event 2017 |OT| A Top-Notch Keynote

giga

aZAuYoU.png

jvHVrFr.png

• iPhone 8
  • iPhone X
  • Apple Watch LTE
  • Apple TV 4K
  • iOS 11 GM

ce4YkAT.png

• Macs
  • HomePod
  • iPads

0xiOPhP.png

Live streaming:

Liveblog:

WlIPGkY.png

• 10 AM Pacific
  • 1 PM Eastern
  • 5 PM GMT
t1505235600z4.png

v85RPZP.png

Location: Steve Jobs Theatre, Apple Park: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Park

Spoilers:

Upgrade programs:

Credit for title: Zeyphersan

Fuchsdh

Apropos of nothing, but how the hell does Apple "load" anything through the loading dock if it's underground at the far end of the structure?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Anyone look at that boat chart and rather than think 'Wow that is a big building' as intended, instead think 'Wow those boats are fucking huge?'

Etzer

I'm ready for the True Tone display on a phone. Too bad it's almost assuredly not going to be Pencil-compatible.

Symphonia

Banned
So the iOS 11 GM should be released at 6pm GMT today. Do I need a PC to download it? Or, as I’m part of the beta, do I just get an update in Settings?

Voidance

I'm in for an Apple Watch 3, although I'm interested in seeing the other products announced, too.

Edit: I will say that if the only notable change is the addition of LTE, I may pick up a Series 2 on sale or refurbished.

iPhone X - will buy
Watch - probs not, still rocking my Series 0
Apple TV - depends. Might just get the new remote if it's backwards compatible with the current one.

Charcoal

I love my OnePlus 3T, but I'm super excited to switch back to ios. Hoping for great things tomorrow!

Does anyone know if it's possible to join the Apple upgrade program without being a current customer of AT&T, Verizon, etc? I'm going to move to one of them, but I want to pre-order as soon as they open the flood gates.

TylerD

Still happy with my 6S plus but I'm in for the GAF hype and I can't ever miss Apple's keynotes. Should be fun!

Things I’m curious about that haven’t leaked:

- New Siri remote for Apple TV. TouchID maybe?
- New software features for ATV 4K outside of improved picture quality (if any)
- Any changes to iTunes for Mac, or just 12.7 to support the 4K video?
- High Sierra public release. Sept 27th?
- Apple Watch… anything new other than LTE + new SIP?

McHuj

Honestly I'm most interested in camera improvements. That would be the biggest factor in me deciding to upgrade or not.

Looking forward to the trickle-down discounts on the iPhone 7's and 6s's once the 8's and the X come out.

I kinda want an iphone along with my android, but I don't want to spend full price on one, especially if I want a minimum of 128gb.
APPLTV is probably going to be way overpriced and I'll go for the new FIRETV.
Yeah, I'm leaning more toward the FireTV too, depending on how much they are. Helps that I have some Echo Dots which is nice for the FireTV, while I'd probably need Apple's speaker in order to have any voice control of the new Apple TV (without a remote or phone).

Thoraxes

Wonder if they'll do a refresh on the Touch since they just dropped the price of their current gen ones a month or so ago. Reeked of a 'cleaning out the stock to make way for the new stuff' kind of move.

Breakage

So let me get this straight: the iPhone X will be the radically redesigned iPhone (notch, no home button) and the iPhone 8 will be an upgraded but aesthetically similar iPhone 7. Am I correct?

giga

So let me get this straight: the iPhone X will be the radically redesigned iPhone (notch, no home button) and the iPhone 8 will be an upgraded but aesthetically similar iPhone 7. Am I correct?
The 8 will have a glass back for inductive charging but the front will be similar yes.

Top Bottom