• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple's September 12 Event | It's almost here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somnid

Fuck them with the touch price seriously. At that price sd card support should be in.

Seriously. If you are just going to drop the low-tiered loss leader SKU then why bother? Just give me some SD support and one $300 model. I guess the only reason is people would question the rest of your line.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Why in the name of all that's holy are you using Apple headphones? They're fucking dire.
Microphone and controls built-in (Do any third-party headphones have compatible controllers with a microphone?) and I only use them once in a blue moon when I need to record something or occasionally actually go out for a walk. I don't really need to buy headphones when ALL headphones until this very moment have bugged the shit out of my ears. Whether they're buds or older style 80's ones with the cushion or the huge honking ones with the air pillows. They all bug me. So it really doesn't matter what ones I use, they're all going to bug me.

Juice

It didn't happen to me when I upgraded my iPad this year to my amazement. Just carried over. You login to the cellular data area under settings and type in your account login and boom, carried over. Hope it is the same here.

I am not optimistic.

I was really hoping they would blow things up with this re-design, but overall, meh. Everything they added is "nice, but not necessary" or revolutionary in my eyes. As a 4S owner, I guess I'm sort of glad I won't feel like I'm missing much, but I really hope they do something badass again on their next revision. Hell, I feel like Siri was still a more interesting update than most of what they showed off today.

That said, I'm very happy with iOS, and wouldn't mind upgrading when the time comes; I enjoy Apple's attention to the details, which they seemed to revise again today. But yeah, the 5 isn't something I'm going nuts about.

But anyways. MAC PRO'S PLS!

Majine

Banned
Wait, you can download the new iTunes from here NOW? http://www.apple.com/itunes/new-itunes/

I'm DLing the .dmg right now;

gX1cP.png

Did they slip up?

It's an update, but it looks the same as before.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So does having another row of icons on the home screen mean we can now put 16 icons in a folder instead of 12? Megaton! (Seriously though... those extra 4 spaces per screen are a big thing.)

LCfiner

itunes 10.7 won't be the "new itunes".

interim version to support the new iphone and iPods (and ios 6 on older devices) till the new version is out in late october

Try putting your phone in your pocket. If you don't have massive pockets, you can't wrapon your hand around your phone while it's in your pocket. You grab the tip of the phone and pull it out. This works well with the jack at the top...not so much with the jack at the bottom.

Also, the volume buttons become quite inaccessible when they're deep in your pocket, rather than just being at the edge of your pocket.
I just tried it with my 4.3 inch Evo with added size thanks to it's protective case and I was able to let go with the phone in my pocket just fine. I have on Old Navy loose fit jeans and the pockets are pretty normal sized.

raven777

Microphone and controls built-in (Do any third-party headphones have compatible controllers with a microphone?) and I only use them once in a blue moon when I need to record something or occasionally actually go out for a walk. I don't really need to buy headphones when ALL headphones until this very moment have bugged the shit out of my ears. Whether they're buds or older style 80's ones with the cushion or the huge honking ones with the air pillows. They all bug me. So it really doesn't matter what ones I use, they're all going to bug me.

Sony's xba series that has ip with the name support mic/controller

kehs

Banned
Oh that's absolutely not true. Emerging markets have massive market power, you just capture it with much cheaper devices over larger volume.

Not at the margins Apple is working at. It'd be a step backwards for them.

I didn't mean to say there's no room for money making, just not from Apple's perspective.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
WTF at the $300 iPod Touch price. Guess there goes the $200 iPad mini.

Weenerz

Banned
Its amazing that TMobile US is still out in the cold. Did a TMobile employee rape Steve Job's dog or something?

TMobile probably doesn't have the money to sign a contract, Sprint spent like 10 billion to secure that. I doubt T-Mobile has that much.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I like the colors but I was really hoping they would announce a 128GB (or more) version of the new touch. I was also hoping they would drastically drop the price.

Yes its nice to want things.

Torn between Sprint, ATT and Verizon.

What to do, what to do. I really don't like the idea of going over a data limit so Sprint may be the best option for me. Apparently all 3 have LTE networks here in Baltimore.

BFIB

I can't wait to see the unboxing videos, as well as the pick up photos in the pick up post thread.

I've had my S3 for a little over two months, yet I still go crazy over any new gadget. There is something wrong with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom