• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple's September 12 Event | It's almost here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

oh boy, exciting! i think i'm going to be a consumer whore by getting the new iphone and selling my 4s. i just hope we see nfc or something equally big.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I don't think I could be less excited for this thing, as the rumor after rumor about it killed all the enthusiasm I had. I really hope they pull off some surprise and the phone is not as boring as it seems. Otherwise, I just can't see myself upgrading, even though I only have a lowly 4.

Meh its already too much alike to the 4S....innovate Apple innovate...
it's nothing like the 4S. The screen is different, the cpu/gpu is different, the casing is different, the ear phones might be different, the charger is different, it will have LTE.

Basically in almost every way a phone can be different, the rumoured new one is indeed different.

At least apple is changing the design this time, 4 to 4s was a joke of an update

My 4 is ready for a legit upgrade

You bet your ass I'll be buying the new iPhone this month. Cannot wait, my 4 is on its last legs.

Checking in.

iPhone 4 is very damn ready to be retired. Home button barely works now.

My sleep/wake button has barely been working on my 4 since the spring. This new phone cannot come soon enough for me.

BdoUK

Time to switch to Verizon.

I'm planning this move as well. It will be really interesting to see how many long time AT&T customers jump ship to Verizon. All those iPhone 4 AT&T contracts expired back in June so this will be the first time those customers have a carrier alternative for the iPhone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
oh boy, exciting! i think i'm going to be a consumer whore by getting the new iphone and selling my 4s. i just hope we see nfc or something equally big.
NFC may sell me on this.

Pretty much where I stand:
If available on Wind + NFC or other grand feature we don't know about already = Insta-sale
If available on Wind = most likely sale
Otherwise = leaning towards Android phones

Looking forward to this greatly.

JDeluis

Shame the screen just got taller and didn't gain any width as well :(

Biggest dissapiontment for me. Was the only feature I wanted. Makes it a more difficult choice in deciding if I want to upgrade from my 4. Don't really care about the other rumored features.

x-Lundz-x

i want a new ipod classic. im dead serious too

I would love to see this as well, or an iPod touch that only does music that can be had for cheap. Like 100 dollars or something. I want something to use at the gym that isn't my iPhone.

Can't wait to see what the new iPhone is like.

I'm planning this move as well. It will be really interesting to see how many long time AT&T customers jump ship to Verizon. All those iPhone 4 AT&T contracts expired back in June so this will be the first time those customers have a carrier alternative for the iPhone.

I think I'm in the same boat. Verizon has a good part of my state blanketed with LTE coverage, and AT&T has none. I can't really find a compelling reason to stick with AT&T.

Consider me interested until Verizon requires me to have an LTE plan even though LTE is crap in my town. All of this is based purely on it having LTE of course.

snack

tumblr_m7pjp9wO8n1qlbwvq.gif

DJ88

Anybody expecting NFC or some big surprise will be disappointed, again, just like every year.

Everything has already leaked and that's all the iPhone 5 is getting. I will still be upgrading as I do every 2 years, 3G to 4 to 5 is the superior upgrade patten.

btkadams

Anybody expecting NFC or some big surprise will be disappointed, again, just like every year.

Everything has already leaked and that's all the iPhone 5 is getting. I will still be upgrading as I do every 2 years, 3G to 4 to 5 is the superior upgrade patten.

what has leaked? i haven't been keeping up with it all.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I have to ask... where is this from? What is the source?

And now on topic...

I really love the Apple invitations. The subtlety and flair are presented in such congruence that it really speaks volumes to their devotion to design and details.

Jesus Camp

What's the chance they update any of the iPods at this event (touch, nano, or shuffle)? I need a new iPod but the current nanos are shit.

Rumors have pointed to this event being an iPhone-only event with the traditional fall event being held in October to launch the iPad mini, new iPod line, etc.

LCfiner

The fact that they're using the phrase "it's almost here" in singular strongly implies that it's iPhone only. nothing else

I'm not saying it's an impossibly, but I really think itunes, ipods and the new ipad mini get shown off at the second event next month.

dkeane

Can't wait. I've dropped my 4 in salt water 3 times this summer.
It still works but the battery is fucked and the home button isn't always responsive.
Like what has been leaked so far. BRING IT ON!

Prediction time!

• Larger, elongated screen (we all know this)
  • New, smaller docking port
  • Wireless charging - this is the reason for the textured back, I think
  • New headphones (all but confirmed)
  • 4G LTE
  • Longer battery life, due to more room on the internals
I think the textured back is simply to show that it is made from a single piece of metal, which appears to be the biggest design/engineering achievement with this model. The combination of the matte surface at the back and the shiny edge around the frame will give it that freshly 'milled' look and feel.

it's nothing like the 4S. The screen is different, the cpu/gpu is different, the casing is different, the ear phones might be different, the charger is different, it will have LTE.

Basically in almost every way a phone can be different, the rumoured new one is indeed different.

Wrote like a true Apple fan...

btkadams

Pretty much this:

Oh and the charge port has a pretty good possibility of being MagSafe.

hmmm well lte, better battery life, and elongated screen enough reasons for me to upgrade. software additions will be icing on the cake.

snack

I have to put approximately 2 tonnes of force on my power button just for my iPhone 4 to wake up from sleep. iPhone 5, I need you.

Pachimari

Can't wait. I've dropped my 4 in salt water 3 times this summer.
It still works but the battery is fucked and the home button isn't always responsive.
Like what has been leaked so far. BRING IT ON!
Can't one just buy the spare parts and fix it oneself?

I dropped my iPhone 4 for the 6th time last night, this time on concrete asphalt as it was on a road. NOTHING happened besides a few scratches. This is a very durable phone. I'll go one more year with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom