• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple's September 12 Event | It's almost here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically they don't do one because they are Apple. All of the issues mentioned aren't unique to Apple, and apply to every companies press conferences. Outside of "Apple is too popular and it would bring down the internet", which is obviously hyperbole.

They don't choose to stream just because they are Apple. That's a silly argument. Apple streamed their events for years. Before most other companies did. But as they grew in popularity it got harder and harder to provide a good stream. It started to crash often and got over whelmed with traffic. They made the choice to not livestream and to just put the video up later in the day. Simple as that.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wasn't the last one that was streamed live the one where Steve got arsey and told everyone to turn their Wi-Fi off?

I always assumed they stopped it because they didn't want any hiccups again. Shame as their stream was amazing quality.

AEREC

Having recently just moved to the west coast from the east coast, one benefit is that everything like this starts earlier in the day...I always hated waiting until the afternoon for events like this to happen (trade shows, e3, etc...) when I lived in Georgia.

Wasn't the last one that was streamed live the one where Steve got arsey and told everyone to turn their Wi-Fi off?

I always assumed they stopped it because they didn't want any hiccups again. Shame as their stream was amazing quality.

I think it was 2 ones ago. Wifi was turned off because demo unit couldn't connect to internet.

numble

So basically they don't do one because they are Apple. All of the issues mentioned aren't unique to Apple, and apply to every companies press conferences. Outside of "Apple is too popular and it would bring down the internet", which is obviously hyperbole.

CNN will give you your stream, god.

Marco1

I am trying to restore my iphone through itunes but it brings up a cannot connect error.
Is this because of the event today?
Thanks.

well, the Men's 100m final brought down NBC, and somehow i doubt a silly race is as popular as this!

Rootbeer

Banned
Stuck with 4S for another year... but still really excited!

iTunes 11, iOS 6, OSX 10.8.2, iPad mini, new ipods... bring it all on

Epix

screen-shot-9-12-12-at-12-03-38-pm.png

Is there an audio (only audio) stream some blog or something is doing that will just report what's happening live? I'm gonna be working through the conference but I could listen.

Jasoneyu

so which live blog are you guys using for this event? Im using the verge right now but I want up to the nanosecond information.

btkadams

Good advice, this is what I always do for these threads so I don't get stuck on an old page. They can move ridiculously fast.

Just realized you can add #footer so you're at the bottom of the page! D:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489837&page=1000#footer (Unless I'm imagining shit lol)

or you can just use the gaf live-feed extension which works like the refresh button on mobile-gaf. it's available for all major browsers, but i suppose some people might not be able to install extensions at work.

Yep! ;)

Is there an audio (only audio) stream some blog or something is doing that will just report what's happening live? I'm gonna be working through the conference but I could listen.
www.twit.tv
Leo Laporte's got you covered. Best place for this in my opinion... they cover all of the blogs simultaneously and will have a pirate stream if one becomes available.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm sorry that you're having slow down issues with your iPhone 4, but you have to know that this isn't a common problem. iOS 5 runs great on the device and if you're running iOS 6, you may want to wait for the final version before making a judgement call. Beta operating systems are notoriously bad in resource management as optimization is often one of the last stages before release.
Well, I realize that, but there was no performance change between the ios5 beta and final. There was some degradation in performance from ios4 there already, but 6 just pushed it beyond that.

Anyway, I've accepted it for what it is, and I need new os for development, so I made a conscious decision to keep it. It's just a similar, but not as bad situation that there was with ios4 and Iphone 3G, which rendered the phone near useless.

I see a lot of people complaining about their iPhone 4 slowing down, but I have had no such problems with my own. Other than the home button being a bit finicky, its been rock solid and fast as ever.

kr2t0s

True men don't use one liveblog...I got like 3 open at once right now. All of them historically will go down for a bit or some other hiccup. Best to be prepared

Septimius

I see a lot of people complaining about their iPhone 4 slowing down, but I have had no such problems with my own. Other than the home button being a bit finicky, its been rock solid and fast as ever.

You can calibrate the home-button to make it better:

Press the power-button until the slide to turn off screen comes on. Hold down the home-button until the screen disappears. Your home-button is now calibrated.

Hokhoku

Banned

Yeah my iphone 4 is slowing down but maybe its because of slipping my hand many times and falling down.
Even my lock button doesnt work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom