• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apps for Android |OT|

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Auto upload your WhatsApp folder to Google plus.

PriitV

The Zoe feature on the HTC One M7 and M8 handsets is now available free (and in beta) on other Android devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.htc.zero&hl=en

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-...TC-devices-available-for-download-now_id59396

VSxK5Xy.png

Nope

I could install it on my Nexus 5.

But I have no idea what Zoe is.

Zoe takes a three second video clip, 1 second before you press the button and 2 seconds after you press the button, and allows you to pick out still pictures at full resolution between that three second interval. You also get the 3 second video clip as well.

I really like Dolphin Browser but the input lag when typing in Web addresses is unbearable. And I'm not willing to turn off google suggestions.

Any good camera apps like googles stock camera that has the rule of thirds grid? Using cyanogenmod and the stock camera doesn't have it.

Googles camera is for 4.4+ only and im on 4.3

jwk94

Thanks for the help on the texting app, guys. Decided to just stick with GoSMS. If only SimplyText were faster =/.

Anyway, is there a system storage manager that takes All Access downloads into account? I need to see what's taking up all the space on my phone. Thanks.

Groof

Thanks for the help on the texting app, guys. Decided to just stick with GoSMS. If only SimplyText were faster =/.

Anyway, is there a system storage manager that takes All Access downloads into account? I need to see what's taking up all the space on my phone. Thanks.
Pinned songs are accounted into the apps data, so the size will be viewable from the system app manager.

NotBacon

Did you try QKsms or Evolvesms?

jwk94

Pinned songs are accounted into the apps data, so the size will be viewable from the system app manager.
Just looked and you're right! Thanks! Question: What's the point in having an SD card if all apps can't be moved to it? Other than storing photos and videos, this thing is kinda useless.

Did you try QKsms or Evolvesms?

No, I'll look into Evolvesms though! I really wish more sms apps would adopt the notification text that SimplySMS has. Pretty sure it's unique to that app =/

Salsa

god damn at Pushbullet's Universal copy & paste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xKtndGmFt0

app keeps getting ridiculous. between this and the new "quick reply" (which allows you to basically click on your phone-to-PC notification to respond to for example whatsapp messages from your PC instantly) this is probably the best android app out there

Pachimari

app keeps getting ridiculous. between this and the new "quick reply" (which allows you to basically click on your phone-to-PC notification to respond to for example whatsapp messages from your PC instantly) this is probably the best android app out there
Sadly Textra doesn't support it.

Is there any sms app outdoor that had both quick compose and supports Pushbullet?

NotBacon

Still haven't looked into this.

What are some example use cases for Pushbullet?

Salsa

Still haven't looked into this.

What are some example use cases for Pushbullet?

what I use the most basically is just being able to look at my phone's notifications when im using my PC without picking up the phone and just leaving it charging in another corner of the room. being able to ignore what I don't care about and filtering what I actually need to respond to

that said, I also use the right click to send pictures to my phone quite often. find a pic, right click send to phone, share from phone and send to a bud, for example

I also use it to send pics from the phone to chrome, since it automatically hosts them and you can do stuff like post em on GAF right away

it's just really handy, one of those apps that get everyday use. must have IMO

Wait, you can reply to WhatsApp messages on a PC with Pushbullet? I've been using it for a while now and I love it, but I never saw that option. Is it a new feature or do you have to enable it somewhere?

Kansoku

Wait, you can reply to WhatsApp messages on a PC with Pushbullet? I've been using it for a while now and I love it, but I never saw that option. Is it a new feature or do you have to enable it somewhere?

https://blog.pushbullet.com/2014/08/06/our-biggest-firefox-extension-update-ever/

All you need to do is click on the notification, and, if your text messaging app supports replies from PC, a quick reply window will open. Just type your reply, hit enter, and you’re done!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I don't like the idea of push bullet automatically having what's on my clipboard. They'll have access to my password utility generated passwords.

I read that, but the post I quoted mentioned WhatsApp. I just tried that and after clicking on the notification on PC, it just disappeared.
Don't think it's possible. Euro gaf screwed. Blame WhatsApp.

thenexus6

I have two questions

1) I use apple earpods with my Nexus 5. Is there any way to get the full functionality of them as if I were using an iPhone?

one click - pause / play
two clicks - forward
three - back
also volume up and down work?

2)

Recently started using push bullet - it's awesome. Since I just got a Chromebook it pops up saying when I receive a new hotmail email is there anyway I can click on this notification and take me to my hotmail inbox?

I have two questions

1) I use apple earpods with my Nexus 5. Is there any way to get the full functionality of them as if I were using an iPhone?

one click - pause / play
two clicks - forward
three - back

nope. Apple did things differently. you would have to get compatible headphones.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in search of a keyboard that looks nice (with a white theme) and works well. I've tried the Google Keyboard (my favourite I guess) and I have Fleksy but I go on and off with it. It's okay.

Any suggestions?

Groof

I'm in search of a keyboard that looks nice (with a white theme) and works well. I've tried the Google Keyboard (my favourite I guess) and I have Fleksy but I go on and off with it. It's okay.

Any suggestions?

If you want something close to stock Google keyboard, then Kii Keyboard might be your best bet. Based off of the AOSP keyboard but with a huge amount of customisability and themes.

But really, you should just be using Fleksy.

Kansoku

one click - pause / play
two clicks - forward
three - back

Depends on the player. PowerAMP has the settings for the two/three click, but for volume IDK.

thenexus6

Any suggestions?

I recall Swype having a nice white keyboard, Swiftkey has an alright looking one.

NotBacon

Any suggestions?

The new swiftkey has quite a few themes, and some are white.

But really, you should just be using Fleksy.

I used SwiftKey for a while, and then Google Keyboard for a while, and then I tried Fleksy starting on like monday. It's alright, but I switched back to Google Keyboard today and speed went way up. Nothing beats swiping.

Bboy AJ

Any suggestions?

If you're not happy with Fleksy, you will never be happy. Google Keyboard is the best alternative, IMO, and that's only because you can swipe on it.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
If you're not happy with Fleksy, you will never be happy. Google Keyboard is the best alternative, IMO, and that's only because you can swipe on it.
I got used to Fleksy now, I love it, but it's draining my battery. It's always at 11-15% of my battery usage while Google KB is only about 5%.

yogloo

How come nobody ever mentioned "a better camera" in this thread?
I found it last night and it's the best camera app I've ever used in android.
I'm extremely impressed with the feature set in the app.

Top Bottom