• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes May 12th

@ donny: thank you for opening the new playground.
@ abdiel: thank you for sharing you wisdom.

[PS4] 210k
[XB1] 120k
[WIU] 40k
[3DS] 180k

If these are correct, well, only the wind nose.

Javin98

Banned
Finally this thread is up. Been waiting for it for quite a while. Anyway, here are my predictions:

[PS4] 240K
[XB1] 190K
[WIU] 70K
[3DS] 200K

April is usually a slow month plus amazon has been having stock issues with the Ps4.

That's this month, not April.

I think the gap between PS4 and XB1 is going to be bigger than a lot of the predictions here. I remember from the start of April to midway through the month, PS4 was way ahead on Amazon.

Bgamer90

Banned
There seems to be a trend this year of the current gen consoles doing worse than they did in 2014; especially during months in which they don't have major game releases (since the "new console hype" has died down). My predictions will probably be low in comparison to others but I don't see how the results can be much higher -- the PS4 didn't hit 200K last April.

[PS4] 190K
[XB1] 150K
[3DS] 170K
[WIU] 60K

RexNovis

Banned
Wait, what? I know he wasn't exactly the wisest poster, but what was the reason behind this?

80+ obnoxious posts in 4 pages. He insisted on posting speculation based on nothing but favorable assumptions and managed to dominate the thread while contributing nothing to the discussion at large. He was warned multiple times and told to cut it out by multiple different people. His impetuousness got the best of him and ended up costing him his account.

But let's please not dwell on him here. This is our chance to start the sales discussion anew again without ignorant tangential distractions.

Javin98

Banned
80+ obnoxious posts in 4 pages. He insisted on posting speculation based on nothing but favorable assumptions and managed to dominate the thread while contributing nothing to the discussion at large. He was warned multiple times and told to cut it out by multiple different people. His impetuousness got the best of him and ended up costing him his account.

But let's please not dwell on him here. This is our chance to start the sales discussion anew again without ignorant tangential distractions.
Yeah, his posts were getting annoying to the point that some people were wondering if he was Hindle's alternate account.

Amazon why u fail this month?

Will update later on.

Not sure they did fail actually.

In spite of being out of sale for a couple of weeks, the PS4(#41) edged out the Xbox One AC Unity bundle(#42) for the month of April, unless there are still updates to come.

Dargor

First time participating. So my predictions, which are all no better than hunches, are all probably wrong lol.

[PS4] 265K
[XB1] 190K
[3DS] 165K
[WIU] 65K

April 2011 (Xbox 360).

The last time for Wii was in April 2010.

Where did the Wii come from?

But anyway that's a bit ago, so numbers will probably be low this month. May will probably be the month that will change due to a major release.

In 2012 - 360: 236k

2011 - 360: 297k

2010 - Wii: 277k

2011, yep it will for sure be a low month for all this april. I think I'll move the PS4/Xb1 above 200k though.

Edit: Actually seems no one else is going above 200k so I'll just leave them.

Top Bottom