• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fools 2014 Fake Stuff Thread

inky

=D

6N6QMId.png

I hope Google actually does something for someone who gets 150. I don't think I'd be able to pull it off unless if I stopped everything right now. I got 25 but that took long enough, hah.

The Pokemon stuff is amazing. It even shows a couple of houses on my map lol Disclaimer also mentions Game Freak and Nintendo, so I guess they have official permission.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Google's AF thingies always were actually "usable", that's what makes them awesome :) Wasn't it the 8bit maps yesteryear?

Okamid3n

Only thing I see in my whole city on google map seems to be a tyrannitar, and I don't feel like going on a 45 minutes bus ride to go catch it.

This is pretty cool for an April's fool, though!

Edit: Joke's on me, you catch it from the map! Duh, what was I thinking?

Cbajd5

oh god there's multiple of the same species of pokemon in the maps

I've caught like 3 Munna now.

Wait, are the maps the same for everyone? I found the Pikachu in Akihabara, there's a Rotom at the Nintendo World Store.

Robin64

Wonder if Joe/Serebii will make a Google Maps Pokédex on his site. It does seem to be a selection of 150 that isn't in the order of any other games.

Go on Joe ;)

Cbajd5

There's a Kirlia in Paris. I'm guessing everyone starts in Geneva

No, it started me near the Googleplex. Although I'm in Pennsylvania, so that's not very convenient.

I'm guessing there's one per (major?) country/area?

tensuke

Up to about 40 caught so far, been looking mainly around Google HQ.
Found a Snorlax blocking a freeway. xD

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I live in the Bay Area and Google is my Pokemon Center. All the 39 Pokemon I found is in the general area. I checked a big city like NYC. Nothing. Checked Redmond Washington. Nothing. Not sure how it works.

mishakoz

Been catching some Pokemon

2 in Chicago

2 in new York

1 in Disneyland and Disney world

10 or so in Tokyo

Edit: also, Obama is a meganium if anyone was wondering. Missed opportunity to have Mr. Mine or psyduck located at captitol hill.

Top Bottom