• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April PS+ Games Announced (Never Alone, Killzone Mercenary, Dishonored)

_woLf

Will play never alone and killzone...still anxiously awaiting when we'll finally get a retail ps4 game though :/

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I need to get a Vita. :(

Mikey Jr.

It kinda does feel like it's time for more aaa games for the ps4 to be honest.

Off the top of my head...

Thief
Black flag
Watch dogs
Bf4
Infamous
Killzone

Thosee seem ripe.

Percy

Banned
Looks like I need to get rid of that physical copy of Killzone M I got with my Vita that I never played then.

Console version of Dishonored is useless to me and I already played Never Alone (Which I thought was trash tbh)... the rest I know nothing about.

Not sure how I should feel about this month yet.

Awesome! As a new Vita owner, I was waiting for Mercenary to go on sale again. This is even better. :D My PS3 backlog continues to grow with Dishonored though, no idea when I'm going to get back to those games.

Tigress

Good month (for once).

Too bad I already have one of the games that makes it good (Killzone Mercenary which by the way, if you have a Vita you'd be foolish not to grab it now while you can. It's one of the top games for the Vita).

But, yay Dishonored!!!! I've been eyeing that game for a while but never could get myself to go for it! This is the kind of thing that was what made me like PS+ (for a while it was good at giving me games like this. Ones I was interested in but couldn't quite get myself to spend the money on. But it's been months since it's done that :( <- kinda making me feel I probably won't renew but I still have a year or more to make that decision).

Never Alone as a game was OK, but where it really shines is with all the back stories from the Inupiaq people. Amazing stories based down from generation to generation, information about their culture. It was created in partnership with Alaska Native Storytellers and Elders. I just loved watching some of the videos and stuff you unlock as the game progresses.

If you have any interest in the culture, history and stories of our Native People, this game is for you.

jacobeid

Banned
Nothing for me.

Other than all of the shit from March I'll be playing all month.

Everyone, go download KZ:M.

Edit: Looks like I need to try Never Alone!

wit3tyg3r

Eh, not too terribly impressed, although I'll definitely give Never Alone a try. At least I can use this month to catch up on February's and March's games.

Majanew

Banned
Damn. Sony was smart locking online behind a paywall. Another meh month of games on PS4 I'm sure will be deleted from my HDD after I've given them a fair shot.

Griss

Holy shit! Now THAT'S a good month!

Never Alone got a 10/10 on Eurogamer (last before they ditched scores, I believe);
I've been waiting for Dishonoured for bloody years; and
Killzone Mercenary is the last big AAA title for Vita I was waiting on.

After some rough months, my dreams are once again coming true! Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Wakka212

Never Alone and Killzone make this month's offerings great in my book.

Two games I was quite interested in handed to me on a sweet digital platter.

Never alone seems like it could be good, was thinking of picking it up at some point.played dishonored when it cane out, good game.

As for the others will give them a quick go.

Gurish

I do like some small quirky PSN games every now and then, but PS+ for PS4 has been crap ever since the release of the console.

I´m still waiting for Shadow Fall, Knack and some others. Those games are already catalog, no reason not to put one of those on PS+

I´ve played dozens of great titles from third parties on PS3, but now on PS4 i rarely download their free games.

Prejudice? Maybe, but it´s clear that PS+ was a lot better when they were trying to get their foot on the ground.
Are you really waiting for Knack and Shadow Fall man? they are shit, who cares if they are AAA when the game is horrible? i rather get a nice indie every month over such "AAA".

mclem

I played through Dishonored a month or so ago from when it was on Games with Gold - it's an excellent game, and I'm somewhat kicking myself for not actually purchasing it when it was new.

Not familiar with Aaru's Awakening and MonsterBag.

Duster

Sweet time to get back into Killzone as hopefully this will lead to an influx of new players I can lose against.

I'm interested in trying Dishonored too.

Zach

Never Alone, even though it was a little rough around the edges when I played it right after release, was a delightful game. Not quite Brothers, but still worthwhile.

Note: I played cooperatively with a casual gamer.

Vitten

Pff.. weak month if you ask me.
Good thing I have Bloodborne and Dark Souls II to keep me busy this month on PS4 cos all those indies aren't going to cut it.

dracula_x

Too bad that Aaru's Awakening is only for PS3/PS4. This game would be a perfect fit for Vita.

But, in general, great month for me.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Damn, that's one of the weakest months for me. At least I can finally see for myself if KZ:M is worthy of the praise it gets.

Tizoc

nEVER Alone is a nice adventure game ala Brothers: ATTS, for some reason it ran wonky on my laptop, but should run ok on PS4.

edit: oh wow Aaru's Awakening! I've heard some good stuff about this on Steam, will def. give it a try on PS3 or 4 if we get it.

Top Bottom