• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April PS+ Games Announced (Never Alone, Killzone Mercenary, Dishonored)

Paid for Never Alone, delighted that more folks will see it. The platforming isn't perfect (quite far from it in some places) but as a documentary/game hybrid I found it fascinating and worthy of the EG 10/10. Like Valiant Hearts it blends learning and fun in a way that didn't make me hate either, I really hope that this becomes a genre.

I do like some small quirky PSN games every now and then, but PS+ for PS4 has been crap ever since the release of the console.

I´m still waiting for Shadow Fall, Knack and some others. Those games are already catalog, no reason not to put one of those on PS+

I´ve played dozens of great titles from third parties on PS3, but now on PS4 i rarely download their free games.

Prejudice? Maybe, but it´s clear that PS+ was a lot better when they were trying to get their foot on the ground.

No it wasn't, look at that PS3 list for the first 2-2.5 years.

AsfaeksBR

WIll definately play Never Alone, and Killzone Mercenaries is a great addition for my Vita backlog. Now I only need a Vita...

SxP

Kinda disappointed with the PS4 titles. For anyone who hasn't played it yet, Killzone Mercenary is absolutely fantastic. I'll probably jump back into multiplayer with so many new people jumping in.

autoduelist

I do like some small quirky PSN games every now and then, but PS+ for PS4 has been crap ever since the release of the console.

I´m still waiting for Shadow Fall, Knack and some others. Those games are already catalog, no reason not to put one of those on PS+

I´ve played dozens of great titles from third parties on PS3, but now on PS4 i rarely download their free games.

Prejudice? Maybe, but it´s clear that PS+ was a lot better when they were trying to get their foot on the ground.

Yeah, I remember when they were first trying to get their foot on the ground and were giving me avatars, minis, and psp fighting games. PS+ has really gone downhill since then.

ZOONAMI

Swwweeeet. Almost bought Killzone so many times, but my memory card was too small. By the time I upgraded it didn't go on sale anymore!

...though my memory card is still too low on space to download it. At least I'll have it for whenever.

You won't have it whenever unless you download it. It will go back to full price if you don't download it during this month.

meanspartan

I know we arent allowed to say we prefer retail games over indies around here, but I want some damn retail games. It's been long enough now where something like Black Flag or Need for Speed should be on Ps4 Plus.

AlexBasch

> Dishonored gameplay video
> Shows Corvo killing everyone
> Stealthy

Cringed.

Anyway! Great addition with KZ:M, I bought it long ago, but it's an amazing game and I feel like going through it again. :D

BouncyFrag

Had to look up the ps4 games and this looks like a solid month. Tower of Guns looks like it could be the rogue-like to fill the void left by being done with Binding of Isaac that isn't a 2d sidescroller.

An-Det

Happy to see Killzone this month, I've wanted to play it but never got around to it. Also Never Alone looks great.

Tower of Guns looks alright. Never Alone looks so pretty but the gameplay footage has me thinking of Limbo which I did not like.

Already finished Dishonored and I totally recommend it. Still waiting for a sequel!!!

Killzone looks very impressive for the Vita. Don't know anything about this Aaru game but the art looks nice.

Majanew

Banned
I know we arent allowed to say we prefer retail games over indies around here, but I want some damn retail games. It's been long enough now where something like Black Flag or Need for Speed should be on Ps4 Plus.

Yep. Indie games seem to get a pass because it's impossible for them to be mediocre because they're $10 indie games!

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
what exactly is monster bag?

Tower of Guns looks like that FPS in Wreck it Ralph.

I already own KZM on a cart but I'll still download it so I don't have to see that stupid processing cart thing pop up every time I turn my Vita on.

dogmaan

Girl got arse pubes.

I love the occasional indie game, I'll definitely be getting Axiom Verge for example, but I do feel like PS+, especially on the PS4, has become a kind of indie welfare system.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Hell how about giving us some playstation now games thrown in? At least there would be a bigger selection and it would let ps4 owners who never had a ps3 play some older classics.

You won't have it whenever unless you download it. It will go back to full price if you don't download it during this month.

You don't need to d/l it, just add it your cart and check it out. I know this works as I picked up a cheap PStv and was able to d/l ll my prior Vita games from PS+ (I don't own an actual Vita). You are correct about the time limit if you don't 'buy' while it's in PS+ the price retrns to normal.

Fbh

Hell how about giving us some playstation now games thrown in? At least there would be a bigger selection and it would let ps4 owners who never had a ps3 play some older classics.

Considering it works like crap for a lot of people (specially if you don't live in the US and don't have super high speed internet) I don't think that would be a good idea

ironcreed

Banned
Nothing for me. Plus has just been utterly underwhelming for me on PS4. I am probably going to just let it expire come June, unless it picks up. I rarely play games online there anyway, with the exception of Bloodborne.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Considering it works like crap for a lot of people (specially if you don't live in the US and don't have super high speed internet) I don't think that would be a good idea
Eh, downloading multi gig games for those very same people probably isn't great either, but should that get in the way for a better value?

kiguel182

Never Alone is a great offering. Wanted to buy it on the last sale but held off. Hopefullly I'll find the time to play it!

I have no idea what the other two PS4 games are but they do look interesting.

Welp, another month with nothing that interests me.

It's been a few months since I've seen something I'm personally interested in - I might reconsider renewing my subscription. Now that my PS3 died, I'm PS4 only and I'm not getting what I want.

R1CHO

Thats ALWAYS gonna be the case for the LEAD system man

They need to MAKE money. They arent gonna give you Bloodborne for free until years later

There is a system for this man

It's been a year and half (more or less) since lauch, it's time already for some retail titles on ps+ for ps4.

PS: For example Killzone SF is only two months "newer" than Killzone Mercenary.

Derpyduck

Banned
As a PS4-only owner, this month stinks for me. But with MK and DS2 coming out in April, as well as Borderlands from March, it's not like I'll be hurting for games to play.

meanspartan

Yep. Indie games seem to get a pass because it's impossible for them to be mediocre because they're $10 indie games!

They can be great! I don't mind having indie games, but part of the reason I was told not to be mad when Sony made Plus mandatory for online play was because of what a great value Plus is, given all the free AAA on Ps3 Plus. An indie every month is fine, as long as we also get a AAA every month alongside it.

It's a fucking bait and switch. Make Plus awesome on Ps3, then once Plus is mandatory, stuff it with mostly cheaper to get indies. Oh and if anyone calls you out for it, people will criticize that person for "hating indies", or "is the game not fun if it was never sold at Wal Mart HURRR"

It's just not a great value to me if Plus is mostly going to be games I can get on Steam sale for next to nothing anyway. I was hoping for year-old AAA games. I didn't complain through most of 2014 because I understood that they couldn't give away brand new big budget titles. But now that the console is well over a year old, it's time damn it.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Finally KZ:M. Game never goes on sale this is pretty nice. Better month for Vita than the last few. Might have to renew my PS+ when it expires soon. Also Dishonered is nice

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That's very meh for me. Oh well, still haven't even played the March games, so I've got stuff to keep me occupied.

Top Bottom